NHL'94 Forums

KingRaph's world record broken?!?

halifax

haha, my guess is this is from one of the guys from our '94 community, given the amazing timing coincidence and the style of play (saw a couple of pass shots).

While I doubt it, I hope it was a console recording that was submitted to TG for verification!

(saw a couple of pass shots).

Why, whatever could you mean?!! lol

Would a save/load game on Gens.exe go through? You can score 3 goals every 10 seconds so I could crush this :P

Clearly it's on an emulator as it's screen grabbed rather than using a video camera. What it does show is that on a good day a higher score is possible, but you probably knew that anyway. And this may well have beem a genuine attempt anyway, although the emulator makes it insubmitible. Would be interesting to see if anyone steps foward & claims it

haha, my guess is this is from one of the guys from our '94 community, given the amazing timing coincidence and the style of play (saw a couple of pass shots).

While I doubt it, I hope it was a console recording that was submitted to TG for verification!

OK I guess by now it's no secret. It was me. Yes it was on an emulator, so I guess it doesn't count officially. But I just did it for fun! I did contact Twin Galaxies just for the heck of it though, but they haven't replied yet. That was about 2 days ago. How did you contact them? How long before you got a reply? It looked like the first record (43 goals I think) that you broke was done on an emulator from the video, same as mine. Are you sure emulators don't count? I could try again though on a console. What do you have to record? Just the tv? Or do you have to record the cartridge going into the machine and turning the power on? LOL how much proof is required? It would be fun to try to break the record on a console! Nice video you did there, you seem like a cool dude.

EDIT: In the video...

66 goals scored

66 scored record tying goal

66 assisted record breaking goal, his 33rd assist. 33 + 33 = 66

66 scored first goal of the game

66 scored last goal of the game

66 last goal was his 6th, with 6 seconds left. 6 + 6 = 66

66 was the star of the game

:)

Edited by insanity

You have to click submit a score:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/scoreboard/nhl-94/sega-genesis-sega-mega-drive/21089/

You can read the requirements on their website, but no emulators for sure. You have to submit a DVD. Yes, cartridge in console, the power up screen, etc. Good luck, it'd be great to see how far this can go!

EDIT: In the video...

66 goals scored

66 scored record tying goal

66 assisted record breaking goal, his 33rd assist. 33 + 33 = 66

66 scored first goal of the game

66 scored last goal of the game

66 last goal was his 6th, with 6 seconds left. 6 + 6 = 66

66 was the star of the game

:)

This is like the freaking Illuminati up in here!

Both of these are impressive records.

I just loaded it up for a test myself & All East vs Anaheim & only reached 40-1.

On the smoz note, I tried Blues vs Ana & got 32-0.

Both scores suck.

Might have to do some type of side contest like vs Allstar East & West, best scores w/ reg teams.

• 5 months later...

Is there a SNES record?

I decided to give it a go while I was away on business and alone in a hotel room. In my one and only attempt, I used AllStars East vs. Ottawa and won 99-2 in 20 minute periods. I can't believe Ottawa (Bob Kudelski in fact) was able to get two goals (both total flukes).

I was trying to score once every 30 seconds on average, but there were a couple times where I went 3-4 minutes without a goal so I know I can do a lot better.

I used the Retro Duo Portable system.

Maybe one day, I will use the console and record it.

I've put up around 111 several times on my SNES console with the regular cartridge. those few minutes without goals are EXTREMELY frustrating. I have three minutes straight of everything going wrong every time I try for 120+. I've never recorded a decent attempt, although I figure I could, as I have a standalone DVD burner. if you can break 130 with the standard gear, I'll consider you the best. Florida and Anaheim seem to be a bit tougher to stuff 100 on. Tampa Bay is a tiny bit harder to get 110 on than Ottawa. given enough tries, we should be able to break 120. I'm pretty sure I haven't done it, yet, but a few of my years are pretty blurry.

I've put up around 111 several times on my SNES console with the regular cartridge. those few minutes without goals are EXTREMELY frustrating. I have three minutes straight of everything going wrong every time I try for 120+. I've never recorded a decent attempt, although I figure I could, as I have a standalone DVD burner. if you can break 130 with the standard gear, I'll consider you the best. Florida and Anaheim seem to be a bit tougher to stuff 100 on. Tampa Bay is a tiny bit harder to get 110 on than Ottawa. given enough tries, we should be able to break 120. I'm pretty sure I haven't done it, yet, but a few of my years are pretty blurry.

10 minute periods? I think the SNES record is 49, but the twingalaxies site seems to be down atm.

twenties. if we're going for "the most," why use the middle length setting?

Edited by trudatman

Is there a SNES record?

As raph mentioned, the record is 49 goal differential. The time length they use is for 10 minute periods.

that seems really low. we all should be able to put up 53 and hold them to 1.