NHL'94 Forums

skip

Hey guys!

Here is my NHL2015 ROM that I've been working on.

-Rosters/Ratings updates diligently performed myself

-Original ROM by Slapshot67 (originally his NHL 2012) - retrieved from http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/13977-slapshot67s-nhl-12/

Details:

30 Teams, 26 players/3 goalies per team

Rosters are updated as of 7/24/2015 & includes many 1st round picks from 2012-2014

Phoenix is now Arizona, but remains in Phoenix's in-game position

Playoff matchups reflect new alignment

Most uniforms updated to reflect actual uniforms

Issues:

I could not find the offset for the new team overall ratings, so the ratings are left as they were in Slapshot67's NHL2012.

I don't do graphics - so we are sticking with everything as is. Arizona banner still Phoenix, no player cards. Sorry! :)

Bottom Line:

This ROM is all about the roster updates and speed of the game. Goalies are better, teams are deeper, and it makes the game really fun with friends.

Testing:

Played some games with a friend, awesome games that are not super high scoring and are always fun.

I have not tested this with penalties on, so I am not sure if the number of penalties per game will be affected if you're used to using them on.

Updates:

I will re-post with updated rosters before the season begins.

Attribution:

This ROM is only possible due to guys like KingRaph, Smoz, Slapshot67, etc. Thanks to all of you guys for keeping this awesome game alive! I put a lot of time into these rosters, but without NOSE and you pioneers, this is not possible!

Enjoy!

-Skip

P.S. - I tried to attach the rosters in excel but I am not permitted to do so...sorry! Message me for the excel sheet.

DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS ONE!!!!!

SEE BELOW FOR UPDATED ROM WITH GRAPHIC UPDATES, COURTESY OF SLAPSHOT67!

NHL94.2015.bin

Edited by skip

I transposed the playoff matchups in my original post. This version has the matchups the way they should have been. There is one playoff bracket that has all of the Canadian teams on one side.

DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS ONE! See below for latest update...

NHL94.2015.bin

Edited by skip

Update #1

-Updated Rosters as of 7/30/2014

-Player Rating Updates (minor)

-Depth Chart/Line Change Updates

-Uniform Fixes

-Ordered Excel File

DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS ONE!!! See below for latest update.......

NHL94.2015.bin

NHL94.2015.update.zip

Edited by skip

Great update, thanks! Just wondering though, how come slapshot67's NHL 12 ROM has the user records option changed to "Leave Off!" when it still saves user records when switched to on?

Edited by roadkill

Great update, thanks! Just wondering though, how come slapshot67's NHL 12 ROM has the user records option changed to "Leave Off!" when it still saves user records when switched to on?

Hey, thanks! But not sure on the records. It may still work if you say it's all good, but I wouldn't be surprised if the space was used for the extra teams and players, so it may corrupt something else.

Update #2

-Updated Rosters as of 8/11/2014

-Player Rating Updates

-Depth Chart/Line Change Updates (Del Zotto, goalies, etc.)

-Excel File with all rosters (and players removed from first two versions)

I will make one more update right before the season begins!

To everyone who downloaded the ROM/commented above, it was my pleasure!

-Skip

DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS ONE!! See below...

NHL94.2015.bin

NHL94_2015_Skip.zip

Edited by skip

I've been back to playing NHL 94 (from 95, i know and i apologize) and THANKS for your work on this update. On my third set of playoffs working my way through all the teams and the ratings seem pretty good as well.

Hey, thanks! But not sure on the records. It may still work if you say it's all good, but I wouldn't be surprised if the space was used for the extra teams and players, so it may corrupt something else.

Oh ok, I never knew specifically why that was changed to "Leave Off!". If it can possibly corrupt something then I will "leave [it] off" lol. And thanks for the 2nd update.

Edited by roadkill

This is awesome. Plain and simple. I'm a die hard hawk's fan and to play and Toews and Kane with the updated emblem is priceless. Yesterday was my b-day and to play this at my party last night was awesome!

UPDATE #3 - WITH GRAPHIC UPDATES! Thanks to Slapshot67!

Arizona now updated (banner) and in proper alphabetical space in-game

Dallas logo updated

I will still do one more update prior to the start of the season.

-Skip

NHL94.2015.bin

Edited by skip

This is awesome. Plain and simple. I'm a die hard hawk's fan and to play and Toews and Kane with the updated emblem is priceless. Yesterday was my b-day and to play this at my party last night was awesome!

Joon, glad you liked it bud! Enjoy!!

-Skip

a note while playing with the Hawks, Leddy should not be on the PK. That always handled by Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, and Oduya. Just looking at the regular lines and that should be the first 4 D. Leddy should not be paired with Hjalmarsson since Oduya's been his D pair for a while.

a note while playing with the Hawks, Leddy should not be on the PK. That always handled by Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, and Oduya. Just looking at the regular lines and that should be the first 4 D. Leddy should not be paired with Hjalmarsson since Oduya's been his D pair for a while.

Word up. If you downloaded the latest update, your boy Leddy is not on the PK (just checked it). I don't create the real lines (mostly because there are no line combos out yet for 2014-15) and I probably won't update every team's lines, but who knows. The "depth charts" are set up by overall rating and position rather than the real line combos.

The game is great, and I appreciate the effort and talent that went into it. I just wanted to let you know of a little problem. The game kept flashing in and out,and also Fleury's number wasn't changed to 29. Other than that, the game is awesome.

Thanks guys! Thanks for the note on Fleury (missed that!), but the flashing has to be something on your end.

I have a few other ROMs that need graphics help if anyone wants to volunteer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really glad everyone is having a good time with the 2015 ROM. I have a final update pre-season coming soon (next week?). All of the lines are done, just gotta make some slight tweaks here and there and add in a few guys for the rookies that will be sent to juniors.

Anyone want to start an online season with these rosters? I've never done an online season but would really like to with these rosters!

-Skip