NHL'94 Forums

Timeouts

addisonbr

Are timeouts good for anything besides comic relief? I had the wrong line in and called timeout before the puck was dropped and fixed it, but the game didn't put the right line in until the next stoppage in play.

Does it quiet the crowd down? For that matter, does crowd noise do anything, like add points to the home team's abilities?

Guest BSDaemon

Yes, timeouts are just for when you play with line changes to rest a line.

However, I know fenty uses them often if he gets a couple quick goals scored on him. I dunno if they do anything, but his game picks up after he uses one. I tried it once just to be funny after he scored on me like 3 times in a row... and i scored pretty much right off the next two faceoffs.

Maybe its a superstition thing... but *shrug* it seems to work... lol

I believe it only does something when your playing with line changes.....

cause the players will fatigue & a timeout well heal them up.

No line changes..... I'm pretty sure it does nothing

You..Are correct sir.

On Genesis If a player is injured it will revitalize him too.

• 1 year later...

On snes it will bring your best line out or refesh them If you use it before the players start the face off, like.. the screen before.. but not right at the faceoff even if its before the whistle. On GENS I heard it will heal an injured player (game FAQ's) & I do it to counter the deers timeouts (pshycological factor) :(

On snes it will bring your best line out or refesh them If you use it before the players start the face off, like.. the screen before.. but not right at the faceoff even if its before the whistle. On GENS I heard it will heal an injured player (game FAQ's) & I do it to counter the deers timeouts (pshycological factor) ;)

you love opening up the old threads eh bud? second one today that was active 18 months ago....lol

in terms of time outs...I use em as well...when that time out icon pops up on the screen..it gives my players hope...a chance to win...except when i play mark....

and drinnagh and prodigy and tickenest and fenty and jeff and val and.....er...

sorry boys for going all romper room on yas.

I like to use timeouts when I need my players to be clutch in the final moments of a game or period. Kind of like in the real NHL.

Also, I had absolutely NO CLUE that timeouts revitalized injured players. That could have helped me out a lot :D

• 2 weeks later...

without line change, they are useless, but fun :)

I tried calling a timeout when one of my players got injured in the GDL rom, nothing happened :wacko:

ah well, it's probably for the best that it doesn't actually work.