NHL'94 Forums

I've always coveted an updated version on the genesis.

Also a couple other things I would love investigated on the old ROM

1.  a hack that just gives the whole roster right away.  (there is a code you can do to get it, but it is kinda complicated to get all the players)

2. You can rest guys at quarter to recharge their injury rate, but there is some debate that resting does not recharge them.  I'll have to find the clip on retro sports gamer where they talked about it.

• Love 1

15 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

Sounds great. I'll see what I can do with digging into it. Might branch off into a NCAA version.

Cool, there is an NCAA version of Jam called College Jam I think.  Pretty sure you can do alley oops if I remember right.

• Like 1

Here's talk about the Genesis bug.  Sounds like SNES version is superior for this reason below

NBA Jam TE Genesis is much better but the injury game is the meta game within the game. The fact the injuries DO NOT reset quarter to quarter even if you change players and it says 0 the next quarter hurts the gameplay. It's essentially about who can shove the other guy more rather than who can score more points (until the other team can no longer move and you just score over and over again)

https://discord.com/channels/738501750046326824/738509062844710974

• Like 2

I don’t believe either version is “superior” they’re just different. SNES is much more offensive focused (because you can shoot 3’s more consistently) whereas Genesis is more shove focused (because the injury bug is the most important part of the game). I’d love to play an updated version and I’d love to dominate everyone :)

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, segathon said:

Cool, there is an NCAA version of Jam called College Jam I think.  Pretty sure you can do alley oops if I remember right.

College Slam is the one. Eskayelle does really good roster update/mods to NBA Jam TE on the SNES, maybe some resources from those could be useful.

• Like 3

Since, this is the first time someone is diving into the SEEGA version, as the SNES has the updates already. Ive begun reverse editing the ROM and finding everything before jumping in. But have begun editing the players images and logos. Everything is coming together and found all the player ratings as well. 

I think this mod will be to get a version out there that is updated first. But with the ability to expand in future roms.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Yeah, the two NBA Jams were 1994 and 1995... Hang Time and College Slam were 1996.  The original NBA Jams have 28 teams while Hang Time has 29 teams and College Slam has over 40 teams.

Like I told Magnus, I don't keep up with the NBA, but it looks like they have 30 teams.  ...But the 32x version does have an extra MB to work with... but i guess you could just expand the BIN also from 3 MB to 4 MB (the max before you have to start using page tricks i think) ?  Not Sure :P

• Love 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 5:43 PM, segathon said:

I've always coveted an updated version on the genesis.

Also a couple other things I would love investigated on the old ROM

1.  a hack that just gives the whole roster right away.  (there is a code you can do to get it, but it is kinda complicated to get all the players)

2. You can rest guys at quarter to recharge their injury rate, but there is some debate that resting does not recharge them.  I'll have to find the clip on retro sports gamer where they talked about it.

Looks like I might have found the spot to unlock a few extra players. Need to do some more digging over the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

Sería un sueño hecho realidad, ya que se agradecen los hacks de SNES Rom, pero tomarse el tiempo para modificar la Sega Genesis es algo genial, creo que lo mismo, el College Slam agrega algunas mejoras como la rotura de canastas ..

Es un proyecto no solo de mi agrado y admiración, sino también de muchos amantes del Génesis.

On 2/18/2015 at 11:36 PM, smozoma said:

On 5/30/2021 at 3:11 PM, UltraMagnus said:

Buenas noticias. Este truco de rom parece estar completo antes del comienzo de la próxima temporada. Todos los equipos, así como algunas posibles gemas ocultas.

It would be a dream come true, since the SNES Rom hacks are appreciated, but taking the time to modify the Sega Genesis is something great, I think the same, the College Slam adds some improvements such as basket breaking ..
It is a project not only of my liking and admiration, but also that of many lovers of Genesis
Edited by Splastterhouse

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
47 minutes ago, UltraMagnus said:

There is always way around it. Especailly with modding it 

A "Deluxe Edition" with this bug fixed and Shaq-Jordan-Barkley back in the game would be a blast