NHL'94 Forums

Speeding Up The Draft (Optional)

backhandfloater

I know a lot of people are anxious to get the drafting process over with, so I thought I'd make a suggestion.

AOL IM Mobile: http://mobile.aol.com/

So I'm out and about town and get a AIM msg on my phone from Donch sayin' that I'm up. Replied with my pick. Done.

It's easy to setup. You can also set "silent" or "do not disturb" hours. And easy to turn it off too. If we all had this setup, the draft would be done in 48 hours.

have a wish list ready to give to donche... so that when your pick time comes up, there is a person on your list who you will draft.

and how about people take some ADHD medication? I'm not going to have a pick ready when I'm away from the computer.. I need to see the entire list of available players and all of their attributes. So I don't think people will buy into it.

not for people who dont have a phone during work.

Im usually only available Mon-Fri around supper and Sat-Sun on and off all day.

what?? you cant receive texts at work ???anyways if I can set this up and I work in the mountains of british columbia I'm sure everyone else canand this would work good for scheduling games as well.Since not everyone can be on the pc 24/7

what?? you cant receive texts at work ???anyways if I can set this up and I work in the mountains of british columbia I'm sure everyone else canand this would work good for scheduling games as well.Since not everyone can be on the pc 24/7

well maybe its not so easy to setup ive been trying to get a text confirmation to my phone and nothing has happened and i tried multiple times although it is a good idea if it could be setup but oh well :ninja:

I dont get it... Logan was just on and he didnt pick?

This is the only thing I disagree with, it shouldnt take guys forever to make a pick when they know its their turn.

I knew it was my turn, but the problem was I didn't have enough time to look through the available players at the time. My computers internet was a POS today.

whats helping me is I have all the players on excel spreadsheets. I printed them out and mark off players as they're drafted. Then I have an idea whats left as my pick approaches.

Gen-ius eh? Some might call it obsessive.

I agree though. These players have had the same ratings for 14+ years now. We should have a good idea who we want fairly quickly.

BTW, anyone know if Bobby Smith has been picked yet? :lol:

Peace it

whats helping me is I have all the players on excel spreadsheets. I printed them out and mark off players as they're drafted. Then I have an idea whats left as my pick approaches.

I agree though. These players have had the same ratings for 14+ years now. We should have a good idea who we want fairly quickly.

BTW, anyone know if Bobby Smith has been picked yet? :)

Peace it

The draft league site also has the same functionality. You can sort by different ratings and by drafted or undrafted.

lol, yah why go through all that when the draft site works just as well?

Can't cross off the players from the site :) LOL work? Nothing compared to what i do from 7-5 daily.

I'm a hard copy kinda dude, ya know, like to take the NEWSPAPER to the shitter, not my laptop.

You're not alone man. Although I don't print mine out, I use the player ratings excel sheet and check them off as they are picked. I just like doing it.

You're not alone man. Although I don't print mine out, I use the player ratings excel sheet and check them off as they are picked. I just like doing it.

I do that, too, excel sheets