NHL'94 Forums

I lost a three game series to my buddy....

So Im challenged to a nhl94 mini series against a buddy of mine, who used to play on the console with me back when we were younger.. I bet 20 bucks on who would win. He picks VAN and i go with CAL. Im feelin pretty confident cause basically all i do is play this game non stop, and hes hasnt played in a decade. I lost the series in 3, my question is, havent I improved? It bugs me to lose when i know i should be a better player. I can beat mostly anyone on here, i should have beat his ass. Does it really help to practice? He plays alot like i used to play when i first started. Mostly one timers, anyways, please leave your input if u like about my game or about how to improve in general.

So Im challenged to a nhl94 mini series against a buddy of mine, who used to play on the console with me back when we were younger.. I bet 20 bucks on who would win. He picks VAN and i go with CAL. Im feelin pretty confident cause basically all i do is play this game non stop, and hes hasnt played in a decade. I lost the series in 3, my question is, havent I improved? It bugs me to lose when i know i should be a better player. I can beat mostly anyone on here, i should have beat his ass. Does it really help to practice? He plays alot like i used to play when i first started. Mostly one timers, anyways, please leave your input if u like about my game or about how to improve in general.

play him more games...get the belt back.

Not beginners luck, but maybe some rusty luck. I have yet to beat you Sebe so I wouldn't be able to critique your playing or offer much advice other than if I can remember clearly you usually find the shot from the slot 90% of the time against me at least, and it works for you.

Bring the belt back to the forum :rolleyes:

Didn't I beat you with San Jose not too long ago, in an exhibition? It could definitely be play style...things like going to Goalie Control when facing a breakaway could result in a stop against a vet, but the newb wouldn't know to make a deke so you're opening the net for him.

Didn't I beat you with San Jose not too long ago, in an exhibition? It could definitely be play style...things like going to Goalie Control when facing a breakaway could result in a stop against a vet, but the newb wouldn't know to make a deke so you're opening the net for him.

If you played him on the console. I'm assuming your timing was off, considering you probably play mostly online matches. Also, the controller has a big influence. Playing some console games last year had me switching controllers and adjusting to the feel big time. The popular emulators really don't play or feel the same as the console does.

Edited by Scribe99

The dude is good player, you will see him online in tourneys soon. His name is Kazelegend and hes solid. Hes already beat a topnotch vet and some average vets like myself. The console did affect me a little but he is very good at all the fundamentals.

The dude is good player, you will see him online in tourneys soon. His name is Kazelegend and hes solid. Hes already beat a topnotch vet and some average vets like myself. The console did affect me a little but he is very good at all the fundamentals.

im the top notch vet, he beat me 8-7 ot in a Detroit-Washington matchup

atleast im assuming im the top notch vet <_<