NHL'94 Forums

GDL 4 playoff dilemma

angryjay93

First off, im going to extend the GDL deadline until Tuesday, this should allow vocal-skool and jrod-dmac the time they need to get their series in.

Now for the dilemma: my series with sungod.

Heres the situation, and i need some input from the coaches so i can make a fair decision.

I came on monday-thursday for couple hours each and waited around for sungod to show up and i never found him. friday i was out and the word is he wasnt around either, so i catch him online yesterday and we talk about when we can play. he tells me he cant play saturday or sunday because he has family stuff. so he tells me he can play monday or tuesday, those days dont work for me since i have things planned for those days that take up my entire day. he says maybe wednesday, again not a great day for me. then thursday-sunday he works and cant play. thursday-saturday afternoon i cant play because of other arrangements.

so the conversation progresses and he basically is trying to push me to play monday or tuesday because thats when he is available. but im telling him i cant play those games unless i come on after a VERY long day. so then we begin to argue about how i couldnt find him earlier in the week and he then claims he was on only when i wasnt on and he was on a ton. well i told him then i asked a lot of people if they saw him and they all said no. then he named two people who he said would vouch for them. i ask one of them the next day and they dont confirm his statement. i have yet to contact the other person sungod mentioned. but a third person has mentionned to me he did recall seeing sungod before 6pm eastern, also, sungod did manage to play his classic series early in the day...but these are times when im not available becuse im at work and im west coast.

So basically, what we are looking at here is atleast a week of wait for me and sungod to play, and thats the best case scenario and its far from assured. ive been on a lot looking for him, he claims to be on, lies about it as far as i know, doesnt show up or let me know he isnt going to be around the first week of the playoffs, then says to get the series done that i need to come on after my day on monday or tuesday. wednesday might work for him, but again, its another bad day for me.

so i dont know what to do, boot him, play a sub on the weekend, boot myself, wait however long it is to get the series in at the expense of everyone else....im just at a loss, so any help or advice would be appreciated.

Tough situation, AJ

Maybe a reasonable compromise would be to split the series in half-

play the first 3 or 4 games on a shitty night for you, and the rest of the series on a shitty night for Sungod.

It sounds crazy, but that may be the way to go. That way, the whole series won't be influenced by one guy being way more tired than the other. :lol:

Guest Wags13

Play the home games at the convenience of the home team owner.. might take longer than usual to finish the playoff, but fair from a home ice advantage sense.. and each owner gets at least 2 home games at their convenient time.

Go 2-2-1-1-1 format for fairness.

WoW you are really delusional. I was on just not at the same time as you. i got my classic games in. the one problem i had was the week end i had a baptism and family events played.

here is my availability:

monday or tuesday : anytime just let me know when (except monday night between 11pm and 1am) im doing my show

wednesday : a little togher but ill make an effort to make myself available as long as you give me some notice say the day before

thursday to sunday : anytime bfore 2pm or we can try and make an arangement to play a couple after my shift which is till midnight but i might work o.t so it is tentative.

i think theres is a lot of possibilities in there basically all off monday, tuesday, wednesday and early thursday to sunday or late on those days as long as we make a previous arrangemnt.

stop crying just get the time to play.

WoW you are really delusional. I was on just not at the same time as you. i got my classic games in. the one problem i had was the week end i had a baptism and family events played.

stop crying just get the time to play.

yes, im dellusional because i ask several people about you and where you are and if they've seen you and they say no. Only 1 out of 7 guys i asked had even seen you, so that makes me dellusional, geez, what was i thinking. And thats not to mention the part where you referred me to a certain person, i ask said person, and they dont confirm your statement. Yes, im dellusional, you are so right.

And like i said before, unless i come on dead tired, theres no way i can make it monday-wednesday. and i work thursday and im out of town friday-early saturday. sunday i have early soccer games, i cant make it on when you say you might be on.

I'm honestly right now on the verge of booting you, youre b.s. all season has been an utter joke, youre disrespect to anyone with power or whom disagrees with you is pitiful, and you are a liar. I'm having a difficult time even quantifying why you deserve to be in this league and be in the playoffs. You make carse look like matthurray.

personally i like playing nhl94 after a long day.. its not like it is psysically demanding or anything so i dont see why playing after a long day of work is a problem for either person..

Also i leave for vacation july 5th for a week so id like to get my 2nd round series done before that or you guys holding it up will delay the hell out of round 2

do you ever shut your mouth jay. just play the damn games im here. play the games you wuss. Funny how you would boot out the guy who finished his games 1st. lol

this is another example of your douche bag personality. whenever you are ready to play let me know but if you are to boot anyone i would start with yourself you arrogant little man.

well there is no longer a dilemma, i am taking the advice of a once great member of this community and making the tough decision to boot sungod and replace him with smozoma. and let me explain why.

'Moved upon members request from a moderator'

I will not reward a person like that by allowing him to play in a league i run, i no longer have the time nor the desire to put up with him any longer.

His constant disrespect, inappropriate comments, belittling, threatening, and flat out abuse of myself, logan, EA, other members, and most recently Dr. Pizza is something i cant tolerate any longer, someone has to stand up to this man, and im going to.

I dont care that he played 56 games, his conduct is not acceptable, he sucks the fun out of the league for several members and this league is all about fun. not some guy who has to feel like he needs to control everything, or threaten people, or abuse them. When i play nhl 94 its fun, with him, its a chore.

The last straws were his latest posts in this section, i present a situation, i ask for feedback from the league...what do i get from sungod, accusations that are untrue, name calling, disrespect, abuse, a solution that is meant to belittle me in the process. i present facts and make reasonable conclusions about a situation and he finds it neccessary to continue to pick a fight with me.

The other factor into this situation is his treatment towards dr. p1zza, he booted him out of his dynsaty league tournament because he didnt agree with some of the language that pizza used on his youtube videos of dynasty league games. sungod shows no tolerance what so ever for pizza and calls him a detriment to the league. but sungod finds it appropriate and valid to perform in a manner that does not agree with his decision about pizza. dont think im a fan of pizza, we have our own documented history of trouble, im just trying to objectively look at a situation.

in saying all this, im booting sungod not only from our series, but the entire GDL for as long as i run it. if pizza is a detriment to the dynasty league, then sungod is a cancer to the GDL. people put up away signs now just to avoid his rants and bitching about other people in the community. what will come next? it just presents a slippery slope that i will not allow us to go any further along, sungod has shown no ability to change himself or even restrain himself on any level. i know now that any apology attempts he made to me in the past were hollow because he is still the same person he was the day i met him.

if you have a serious problem about my decision, let me know about it in private, ill do my best to explain why i did it and why i deem it fair, and if you are so enraged with my decsion, then move to throw me out of the commish chair from this league, then you can have the chance to hand pick your new commish or lead the league yourself and find out how hard it can be to keep 24 people happy. i try not to mention this ever because i knew it was difficult going in, but you know what, if you have that big of an objection, then maybe you can do it yourself.

i will try to play smoz later on this week and get the series done as soon as possible.

sungod, any posts you make from here on out in my section of the forums will be deleted as soon as i find them. i will also block you on AIM, i have no time for you anymore.

Guest Wags13

Hey Jay its your league, but to use sungod's confrontation with DrPizza as an example of his instability is a little mis-guided. From all accounts I heard DrPizza earned his banishment and then followed it up by posting the most disgusting things in the history of this board to earn his banishment in the forums as well.

Not defending sungod's other actions such as his post in this thread.. but just wanted to make you aware of the DrPizza situation.

Hey Jay its your league, but to use sungod's confrontation with DrPizza as an example of his instability is a little mis-guided. From all accounts I heard DrPizza earned his banishment and then followed it up by posting the most disgusting things in the history of this board to earn his banishment in the forums as well.

Not defending sungod's other actions such as his post in this thread.. but just wanted to make you aware of the DrPizza situation.

Thank you for the input wags, im not going to condone pizza's actions that i heard that he had performed after he was banned from the league. Making posts of inappropriate and irrelevant videos is wrong. But i saw actual sungod quotes, and his basis for bannning pizza was hypocritical and only further emphasized his inability to be a reasonable person and to be able treat others with any sort of respect or class. If i didnt have actual sungod quotes as proof, i would be far less likely to use that reason in my basis for banishment.

AJ, I am indifferent to both you and Sungod, but I think it is just a case of you both hating each other. Your playoff preview post wasnt exactly one that would lead your opponent to change his ways either. I know the majority of the people in the league would be a dick to someone who posted stuff like that about them on the fourm. I don't know what you guys say to each other on IM, but people always have rivaleries with other coaches esp around playoff time and they tend to simmer eventually.. Trust me i have been involved in 90% of them :(

I still want to know what kind of filter you put your posts in now since they come out in English. Alta-vista doesn't have a l337-to-English translation.

I myself was really looking forward to a SUN VS AJ series. If smoz isnt able to play any earlier than sun just play it out. I myself really dont see what the rush is. Within reason of course. A few extra days to wait to see this epic series unfold is worth it for me. I understand sun has said somethings and u have decided to kick him out of the league. Reconcider, play it out and lets move on. I also think that someone partial should be nominated to make decisions like these in the future. I'm not saying that the decision was right or wrong, just doesnt really make sence for AJ to decide in this particular situation.

Right or wrong, just play it out and get it out of the way. Let your controllers speak, not your keyboards, (unless u use a keyboard to play nhl 94)..lol. I think u know what i mean. :P

I myself was really looking forward to a SUN VS AJ series. If smoz isnt able to play any earlier than sun just play it out. I myself really dont see what the rush is. Within reason of course. A few extra days to wait to see this epic series unfold is worth it for me. I understand sun has said somethings and u have decided to kick him out of the league. Reconcider, play it out and lets move on. I also think that someone partial should be nominated to make decisions like these in the future. I'm not saying that the decision was right or wrong, just doesnt really make sence for AJ to decide in this particular situation.

Right or wrong, just play it out and get it out of the way. Let your controllers speak, not your keyboards, (unless u use a keyboard to play nhl 94)..lol. I think u know what i mean. :P

I agree, if you can get the series done might as well do it. Dont think sun should just be kicked out of whole lg, hes been good getting games in but all personal insults etc should be said OFF the msg boards. Nobody wants to get involved in these fkn dramas, they suck the fun out of leagues fast.

There was like a whole week where it seemed like neither of you made an attempt to find each other, then this last week neither of your schedules could match, just get the games done.

And have FUN, once you take this game too seriously whats the point of even playing?