NHL'94 Forums

Fall Classic 2010 League

halifax

The 10th classic season is almost upon us! Chaos will have the registration set up sometime Monday Aug.30th on nhl94online.com. We leave it open for about 10 days to two weeks.

For this season, we’re going to try something different. We’re going to remove A, B and C leagues and give some more variety for guys to play more people and some new people. I anticipate Genesis will have two leagues and SNES will just have one league. For Genesis, both leagues will have a mixture of what we’d call A, B and C players. Coaches would only play the players in their league for the regular season. However, we will have integrated playoffs between the genesis leagues. This means there will only be one champion from each console. We will determine playoff format based on number of entries.

We won’t have out FFs or DNPs this year. We will keep it simple.

-If you don’t play and don’t post your availability in the forums, you’ll be deducted 2 points for each unplayed game at the end of the season.

-If you post your availability but don’t play, you’ll receive zero points for an unplayed game.

So play early and play often!

We will have weekly deadlines like last year and make replacements changes when necessary.

It's a bit soon, isn't it? What's the tentative date for the season?

question, if you are planning to have what basically is an "American League" and a "National League", does that mean that for instance, chicago can be picked in each league and thus face each other in the finals? or is it all 26 teams, only pick once, if you get ottawa, too bad for you?

question, if you are planning to have what basically is an "American League" and a "National League", does that mean that for instance, chicago can be picked in each league and thus face each other in the finals? or is it all 26 teams, only pick once, if you get ottawa, too bad for you?

chicago vs chicago in the playoffs is indeed a possibility or any other team matchup for that matter.....expansion teams won't be forced on anyone.

I think it would be cool to rank the players who are normally "A" leaguers and give them a range of teams they can be.. obviously exclude chi and other powerhouse teams to give the guys who would normally be in "B" a better chance to compete.

I think it would be cool to rank the players who are normally "A" leaguers and give them a range of teams they can be.. obviously exclude chi and other powerhouse teams to give the guys who would normally be in "B" a better chance to compete.

like van

Ola,

I'm not going to put a restriction on who can pick what team regardless of how skilled someone is. Anyone can be replaced for not meeting deadlines and I'll take the next available person to replace them regardless of skill level. So it really doesn't matter who gets chicago, who doesn't, which are considered powerhouse teams, which aren't...it's all relative to how someone uses a team. I remember last year most people didn't even pick Chicago as their first choice when they made their team selections.

I would say pick the teams you like to use, and if you feel like you need a challenge, make your top selections s**t teams. I know AJ used tampa for a season and I remember masterof94 picking anaheim one year.

And if you didn't take anything away from this message just remember that I love you.

The 10th classic season is almost upon us! Chaos will have the registration set up sometime Monday Aug.30th on nhl94online.com. We leave it open for about 10 days to two weeks.

For this season, we’re going to try something different. We’re going to remove A, B and C leagues and give some more variety for guys to play more people and some new people. I anticipate Genesis will have two leagues and SNES will just have one league. For Genesis, both leagues will have a mixture of what we’d call A, B and C players. Coaches would only play the players in their league for the regular season. However, we will have integrated playoffs between the genesis leagues. This means there will only be one champion from each console. We will determine playoff format based on number of entries.

We won’t have out FFs or DNPs this year. We will keep it simple.

-If you don’t play and don’t post your availability in the forums, you’ll be deducted 2 points for each unplayed game at the end of the season.

-If you post your availability but don’t play, you’ll receive zero points for an unplayed game.

So play early and play often!

We will have weekly deadlines like last year and make replacements changes when necessary.

i like this idea of one champ per console