NHL'94 Forums

2011 ROM LEAGUE USING CLOCKWISE'S 2011 PLAYOFF EDITION

LA Robbie

All the guys I've tested my method with, it has worked. Let me know next time you're on and we'll try it.

Do u have a specific ROM u use that u can post here or a set of instructions people could follow?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all. I would be willing to help out in any way I could. I would obviously love to play in this league. I'll talk to Robbie about this later, but if you guys that have interest would like to send me your team requests, brob@ymail.com is the email, probob38 on aim, or on here in a PM.

We'll do it just like the regular league, give me your top 10 choices in order (top 5 would probably be enough, but if you're picky, go 10) and once we complete an actual registration period one of us could do the drawing.

Edited by PRoBob38

I may need to edit this ROM for you to reduce the checking calculation.. the checking ratings are way too high on average.

The average is supposed to be around 50, but everyone has higher than 50 the average is around 65.. it'll be a slaughter out there.

If this pans out, I want to see if someone will be able to use the 96-97 version of it one day. I'm willing to test it online with anyone.

I may need to edit this ROM for you to reduce the checking calculation.. the checking ratings are way too high on average.

The average is supposed to be around 50, but everyone has higher than 50.. it'll be a slaughter out there.

AND GOD SAID: LET THERE BE HITS :)

* Your NHL94 username and AIM username (if different)

* Which GENS league you played classic in (To see how we would split a potential tournament)

* The level of commitment you think you would have to this league

Comeback_King/Comeback King94 I think

B2 but could pass for B1

I'm committed

I would like the

1) Hawks

2) Wild

3) Columbus

Quick update: Me and LA Robbie talked and decided on the teams being first-come, first serve. So going by that, here are the current team selections:

LA Robbie: Boston

Smozoma: Tampa Bay

Kupuck19: Vancouver

RedWingDevil: LA

Russian Rocket: Montreal

Vocally Caged: Washington

Comeback King: Chicago

Yours truly: Pittsburgh

Beavers33: Minnesota

danlizhot: Buffalo

mav: Detroit

Every other team is still available for those interested.

Edited by PRoBob38

i'll give this a shot

Teams i want are:

detroit

phoenix

calgary

ROM problems update:

We found that when Probob downloaded the file from here the file I posted orginally named: NHL 94 (Playoff edition).bin got changed on Probob's computer to: NHL_94_(playoff_edition) with all the spaces filled in. When we tried to play it wouldn't connect because of the different names. ProBob deleted each _ and created the spaces in the file name again, and everything worked fine. An early desync & then nothing over 2, 7 minute period games, so it appears the desync was just a one off, as could happen in Classic.

If you're having problems check the names of both the file ur using and the file the other guy is using are the same, even if you've both downloaded the same file from the same place!

Edited by LA Robbie

Just got done playing LARobbie a few games. First two games with 5 minute periods and the last one was 7. I like the 7 better for THIS ROM. It gives you a little more time to cycle the lines and rest scoring line 1. I still hold down B for goalie control out of habit but, the instant goalie control does work online. No problems, no desyncs, no speed up issues. My ping was something like 38 and his was something like 52, we used 74 server.

It is a very different game we are all used to playing. Cycle the lines often. Oh as far as the off-sides issue goes... we had 2 total the first game. Both by me and could of been avoided. We had 1 the second game by me again- dumb computer AI, and like 2 the second game, one of those could of been avoided. So, surprisingly, there weren't as many as I was expecting also. My concerns were like some of yours with the computer always going off-sides. Maybe the different awareness ratings effected this?

Anyway, my two cents. The rom we used, well mine says, NHL 94 (Playoff Edition 2011) in my folder.

to give you an idea of the scores to get used to, for us scrubs anyway. With 5 minute periods=

game 1- 3-0 him 5 min

game 2- 4-0 me 5 min

game 3- 6-4 me 7 min

so you can see the increase in score with the extra minutes.

this should be fun if everyone can get it working. but don't come to me for computer help lol. I can give you my rom and that's about that. see ya

My concerns were like some of yours with the computer always going off-sides. Maybe the different awareness ratings effected this?

That's a good point, maybe with the high ratings in this ROM, players don't go offside a lot. The league I played in before had really .. modest.. ratings for most attributes.

played some more games against probob. ping was 28 and 31, same server. Scores were like 7-6, in that area. Off-sides were a little more frequent but, the computer really does a good job of trying to stay on-sides. I was impressed. A lot more faceoffs compared to classic, and I lose most. Two issues did come up.

#1- icing was non existent when I had my goalie pulled to get the extra man, I was down by one. Probob dumped it 3 times from back by his net and no icing whistle when I touched. It was like the computer gets tricked into thinking there was a penalty kill. Icing was called I BELIEVE during the course of the game but I forget.

#2- 1 time only. I couldn't change lines. I kept holding down A, and the fatigue bars never appeared. But my player did keep dumping the puck. This occurred on the same shift, I tried 3 times. As soon as the whistle blew, I of course was able to change. I did also notice that my line was DRAINED to zero energy (all grey in color) when I was finally able to change. Now, I don't know if this is some fluke or did I allow my guys to get drained to zero and then for whatever reason the game won't let you change? Or it was at zero because I couldn't change. Most likely that.

somethings I noticed for you computer editing guys. Maybe you can shed some light on it. I know it's a new rom and probably has to work out some kinks. But the end result is it still can be played for a season. FYI

if anyone else experiences these things or new things please post. probob did also mention the line change incident happened to him once.

oh and no desyncs, no problems

Edited by Comeback_King

Yep, those were by far the highest scoring games I've played on this ROM. Very different game.

But I can confirm to both bugs above. Pulling the goalie appeared to negate the icing. I'm 90% sure that he iced it once and it was called.

And in a game against LA Robbie, I had the line change issue. I assume it was my own fault because it didn't happen again after that. But if it happened to him as well, then there must be something to it.

Lastly, yes, 7 minute periods are the best for this rom. Forces you to use all 3 lines. It helps further prevent the Classic-style game of using one dominant line and being able to dominate the game.

Edited by PRoBob38

Has anyone had this problem: Every time i've tried playing this rom online, i am both player 1 and 2 and as a result, i control both teams and the menu's are basically impossible to use because of how fast they scroll.

Anyone have any insights on how to rectify the issue? I'm using GENS 2.14.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbNruFw1Uoo&feature=channel_video_title note at :57 how fast the menu's scroll and during gameplay also note how I'M CONTROLLING BOTH PLAYERS (despite the fact i'm the only person in this lobby, this has happened against my friend too)

Edited by Cory

Anyone?

The only time i've experienced this is due to the server - we changed server, no problem.

Anyone?

ok I meant to ask Smoz about this awhile back. I have experienced a similar issue, but not specifically with this rom. I also will get the hyper fast menu screen, it goes so fast when you tap the controller left or right that it's nearly impossible to stop it on manual goalie, penalties on, except offsides... etc. but once I start the game everything is fine. This is for classic I'm saying. Also, if I play someone else online, this issue does not occur. Only when I practice myself. Try leaving it like that, and play someone online and see if the menu screen is fine that way. I odn't know what that means, but process of elimination gets us somewhere.

Also, I forgot to mention. This only occurs when I unplug a controller from the computer. For instance I have two controllers plugged in right now. Classic is retrousb gen controller and nhl '11 has to be my bullshit broke ass $10 logitech controller because it has the extra buttons for instant goalie control. So I have to swap controllers for each rom I play and reconfigure every time. Here's the weird thing. If both controllers are plugged in, menu screen is normal. But when i unplug retrousb out of #1 slot to swap in logitech in #1 slot the hyper screen appears. but if I plug the retro in slot #2 the screen is normal. To make a short story long, i have to keep both controllers plugged in, why? I don't know. If I leave one out , menu screen is fast, but it's not affected during online play.

Maybe this helps?

Tried to get exhibitions against Eggink444 last night and we had two quick desynchs within the first minute of the game. We used server, both had low ping (<50). I was thinking one issue may be that I was using a 3-button controller and he was using 6. I have a 6, but was too lazy to switch. It was also late, so we decided to try again another time.

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there as something to look for that MAY cause desynchs. I'll make sure to always have my 6-button when playing this ROM.

Tried to get exhibitions against Eggink444 last night and we had two quick desynchs within the first minute of the game. We used server, both had low ping (<50). I was thinking one issue may be that I was using a 3-button controller and he was using 6. I have a 6, but was too lazy to switch. It was also late, so we decided to try again another time.

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there as something to look for that MAY cause desynchs. I'll make sure to always have my 6-button when playing this ROM.

Please no new rom problems a few days before we start!! lol

played dcicon yesterday and we desynced the first game. I then sent him my version of the rom and no problems the second game. other than the no line change part when you hold down A. Rob, you posted the rom we are using to download right?

................So, is that a yes, no or a maybe? lol

I also think the guys that would sign up to a league with this ROM would be the hard-core, committed guys, not the casual guys that sign up for classic & then decide it's not worth the hassle.

We'll have to hook up for a few practice games Comeback & see wot we think to 7 minute periods. I'm happy enough with 5 but there is the thing about your Sc2 & Chk guys not getting much time. Then again the fatigue is more rapid on this rom, so maybe.

P.S. I don't care about ur crappy faceoff % so the number of faceoffs in a game don't concern me! lol :P

To be honest I am not really experienced with manual line changes. I always thought that you guys were talking playing this new season with Auto line changes.

I don't really have a problem with that. But I would prefer Auto. I am hoping that some other people agree with me. If not whatever...

For the stats, I recommend using an Excel spreadsheet.

And then you can copy/paste into a thread on the forum, using the "code" tag, like this:

Team	GP	W	L	Pts
TOR	10	8	2	16
MTL	9	6	3	12

Another idea is to use the online spreadsheets from Google Docs and make the files publicly viewable.

Good Idea But You realize that will take for ever?

That is true about the signup.

I did forget about the rapid fatigue so now I'm leaning towards 7 min. that way you have a couple more chances with scoring line 1.

I heard that!

That was my opinion of this whole season in the 1st place.

More time

all settings.

The true committed will finish this season completely.