NHL'94 Forums

Goalie lock poll

13 members have voted

1. 1. is goalie lock fair?

• yes I dont care if the other player cant use any player on the ice and will win a game no matter if its cheating
    • no i wont allow this because it is taking advantage of the other player not being able to control his team

haha I wont allow the goalie lock if it happens to me,I WILL pause it and you either ice it or let me pull goalie and put him back in which will take 10 seconds and will give back control.I will also do the same for you if it happens cause I would never go down to that classless cheating level to win a game.Can you imagine being in gm 7 ot and your goalie locks and he skates from his own end through your computer controlled players and scores an easy goal to win !!! unbelievable lol

Scoring when the guy is stuck as the goalie is super super lame!

I didn't know you could pull the goalie to fix it.. good tip.

(filed under.. yet another Genesis bug. unless SNES has this bug, too?)

The thing is, Goalie Lock doesnt happen randomly out of no where. It happens when you act like an ape with your goalie. Until someone can hack rom to remove that problem, just live and die with your mistake when you go ape with your goalie.

Waiting 10sec to pull goalie or throwing puck in the crowd arent valid options.

Lets say im down by 1 goal with 12sec left to game and you get goalie locked, waiting 10sec would remove any chance of me tieing the gm. Throwing the puck in crowd means faceoff so, you could win the puck position even if I had it prior to goalie lock.

Edited by Zalex

The thing is, Goalie Lock doesnt happen randomly out of no where. It happens when you act like an ape with your goalie. Until someone can hack rom to remove that problem, just live and die with your mistake when you go ape with your goalie.

Waiting 10sec to pull goalie or throwing puck in the crowd arent valid options.

Lets say im down by 1 goal with 12sec left to game and you get goalie locked, waiting 10sec would remove any chance of me tieing the gm. Throwing the puck in crowd means faceoff so, you could win the puck position even if I had it prior to goalie lock.

It happens when you act like an ape with your goalie-zalex

your too funny,it doesnt take time away from game just time to pause and do the goalie thing,but that does bring up more questions on what to do if it happens while ur down in last 10 -15 seconds,i guess if u are fair competitors you would have to replay the last 15 seconds but good luck in this communtiy haha,i know 1 of our regular season games IN GDL you won in last minute cause my goalie locked and i was about to freak but it was in middle of season so i didnt care tooo much,but you shouldnt have been allowed to the win that way,i wouldnt have scored on you that way.BUT i think you guys are so used of it in the 2on2 crap it happens alot ,5on5 lgs is very crucial especially in playoffs.Should be a new law of 94 too not let this goalie lock thing be allowed to win or lose games and be treated like a desync if it effects the outcome.It all comes down to GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP and thats that.

Does anyone know the exact situation and button presses to become stuck as the goalie? Then we could say, you know how to prevent getting stuck, so it's your fault if you get stuck.

Last 10 seconds of the game isn't exactly a typical situation.. if it's in the middle of the 2nd, I don't see the problem with dumping the puck and expecting it to be dumped back, or doing the goalie pull.

I lose games because of stupid bugs. I lost a game the only time I ever made it to the finals because I shot a one-timer into the crowd because jrod's goalie dove outside the usual goalie area, and the game makes you shoot it into the crowd when that happens. Could've changed the series. Could've given me the confidence to be a champion. I didn't cry about it.

I lose games because of stupid bugs. I lost a game the only time I ever made it to the finals because I shot a one-timer into the crowd because jrod's goalie dove outside the usual goalie area, and the game makes you shoot it into the crowd when that happens. Could've changed the series. Could've given me the confidence to be a champion. I didn't cry about it.

is that for real, or just an urban legend? is it repeatable/reproduceable every time? It's not uncommon to miss wide open one-timers.

It happens to me quite often. Try having the goalie A dive straight forward while a one-timer is coming to the recipient for an easy goal with the goalie sprawled out. It'll go into the stands.

This is only a problem if you are making idiotic passes w your goalie.. IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET LOCKED THEN FREEZE THE PUCK!

PASSER BEWARE!! PASS AT YOUR OWN RISK!! LOCKED MONKEY PASSERS WILL BE SCORED ON AT OWN RISK!

It happens to me quite often. Try having the goalie A dive straight forward while a one-timer is coming to the recipient for an easy goal with the goalie sprawled out. It'll go into the stands.

I've had this happen to me and the AI a bunch of times, it can be quite bothersome one your the one shooting

is that for real, or just an urban legend? is it repeatable/reproduceable every time? It's not uncommon to miss wide open one-timers.

yah its a well known glitch, basically if you dive really far with your goalie and theres a wide open onetimer it will sail outside of rink.

as for how goalie lock happens, I think it happens when you pass with your goalie but it hits something like the far boards instead of your player and then you tap B and it locks you. Something like that, ill explain next time I 2on2.

It happens when you act like an ape with your goalie-zalex

your too funny,it doesnt take time away from game just time to pause and do the goalie thing,but that does bring up more questions on what to do if it happens while ur down in last 10 -15 seconds,i guess if u are fair competitors you would have to replay the last 15 seconds but good luck in this communtiy haha,i know 1 of our regular season games IN GDL you won in last minute cause my goalie locked and i was about to freak but it was in middle of season so i didnt care tooo much,but you shouldnt have been allowed to the win that way,i wouldnt have scored on you that way.BUT i think you guys are so used of it in the 2on2 crap it happens alot ,5on5 lgs is very crucial especially in playoffs.Should be a new law of 94 too not let this goalie lock thing be allowed to win or lose games and be treated like a desync if it effects the outcome.It all comes down to GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP and thats that.

:)

Edited post: by halifax

Yeah, it either happens after a pass when the goalie is far out of his crease before the ref whistles for the faceoff or when you recover from a diving attempt when going too far or something. You either break it off by pulling the goalie, the other guy has the shot fly into the stands or the stuck goalie catches the puck and you can control him freely again.

It also happens to me from time to time, be it when playing someone else or when I play against the CPU. Another thing I noticed is that when the goalie tries to get back to the crease moving by himself (ie: the CPU and not you controlling him) after getting up from a dive, it seems as though he's stuck for a second just in front of the semicircle before coming back into place. When an opponent manages to snatch the puck on your zone, that second is too long and that's a fre score on an empty net whose goalie didn't make it in time to try and catch it.

Edited by RedWingDevil

I don't see why people still play the Genesis version. it seems like I learn about a new bug every week. goalie lock? lame!

it sure did. my guess is that his "friend" was suggesting I munch some cock, subliterately.

I think the bottom line is that u guys are so used of 2on2 lock ,cause it happens sooo much,but in classic,gdl, and blitz,if this happens it is unfair to win a gm when the other player cant stop it,plain n simple

I think the bottom line is that u guys are so used of 2on2 lock ,cause it happens sooo much,but in classic,gdl, and blitz,if this happens it is unfair to win a gm when the other player cant stop it,plain n simple

used to it? doesnt mean its any better, in 2on2 its probably gonna be a goal 75% of the time. In 5ON5 gm its much less likely because cpu players can still poke check it away or hit the player or the puck gets loose and back to your team some how, id say a goal is maybe 40% likely.

also a reminder to fpb.

troll.gif

it works magic

when nonsense is the offered delicacy, I'll pass. when it's so lame I feel bad for you, then it's a post from HABs.

Ya, and no one agreed with you so dont ape lock yourself in our series or ill do my best to not get poke checked by ur comps and bury it to increase my 2nd period lead to 5!

Ya, and no one agreed with you so dont ape lock yourself in our series or ill do my best to not get poke checked by ur comps and bury it to increase my 2nd period lead to 5!

only the important people did ,maybe not in thread,and your still a douschebag :lol: