NHL'94 Forums

Blitz A/B Season 6 ODDS

HABS

Blitz A Cup odds

PHI snoboarder3211 +345 Essentially the same lineup as every season but with jagr-fleury-makarov now

ANH canadiensfan66 +425 Should be an explosive offensive with Teek-Gart-semek/lomakin and the great turderri at G, the move from sunny miami to sunny disneyland will be smooth.

BUF Icestorm NHL94 +425 This asstorm is due for a huge playoff run, he seems to be itching closer and closer with some playoff style hockey, a big fat ass lineup here that will be tough for any team to contain.

MTL Freydey32 +425 Ellet+Blake backend with Yzerman upfront and frey's skills always keeps him top contender

NYI angryjay93 +475 An excellent lineup of super speed bondra-granato and players aj is lethal with like clark niewy...and a real good goalie in barasshole, the angrygay might be back.

CHI Zalex1414 +475 Cinderella 8th seed last season knocking out top seeds to finals and just missing out, another deep playoff run maybe?

T.B skoolyardpuck +560 Messier+Neely all that needs to be said, each are total wrecking balls and mess passing + neely shooting is scary.

TOR smozoma +1150 Teemu + Klima fastest lineup every and Belfour at the backend only problem is this is a total defensive coach it'll be hard to harness that much talent upfront. A .500 season and playoff berth looks doable.

PIT PerennialChoker +1200 Mario+Sakic SOHOMO is always totally unpredicatable so ill put him here, i wanna see a deep playoff run..if he makes playoffs?

NYR BoKnowsNHL94 +1350 Big Lindros with Richer and Patrick + smell lick

DET sebe82 +1750 This lineup looks flat and uninspiring especially with the massive hole of Blue at G its going to be hard to keep puck out of net with so many great offenses this season. Hogue verbeek carson and the big dmen will have to play great for this to work.

STL Iceguy94 +3000 On paper atleast there are some gaping holes in this lineup, light starting dmen, and muller-steen-otto/zezel? and Burke at G, there are really no extraordinary players on this team, only if he can get some amazing chemistry from this lineup does he have a shot.

Leave comments

B coming soon

sounds reasonable. my darkhorse is Zalex. He has almost same team as always so familiarity is a plus. I gots the team to make a deep run for sure.

Frey built a very good team also, backend is top notch and stevie Y is awesome.

Skool has the heaviest skilled frontline of anyone. Speed teams may give him issues but with his oen timing skills who knows.

Nice. Another blitz season is starting, amazing things will happen like every season. This league aint in the ga, its in the GAGAGA.

My bets for the cup goes on asstorm. Even if he tends to choke in playoff sometimes, his team this season is crack. Federov Linden Shanahan as fowards and Stevens and Smith in D... WTFGA if icestorm doesnt win the cup this year, he never will.

Nice. Another blitz season is starting, amazing things will happen like every season. This league aint in the ga, its in the GAGAGA.

My bets for the cup goes on asstorm. Even if he tends to choke in playoff sometimes, his team this season is crack. Federov Linden Shanahan as fowards and Stevens and Smith in D... WTFGA if icestorm doesnt win the cup this year, he never will.

Yeah, I'll second that

Blitz A Cup odds

PHI snoboarder3211 +345 Essentially the same lineup as every season but with jagr-fleury-makarov now

ANH canadiensfan66 +425 Should be an explosive offensive with Teek-Gart-semek/lomakin and the great turderri at G, the move from sunny miami to sunny disneyland will be smooth.

BUF Icestorm NHL94 +425 This asstorm is due for a huge playoff run, he seems to be itching closer and closer with some playoff style hockey, a big fat ass lineup here that will be tough for any team to contain.

MTL Freydey32 +425 Ellet+Blake backend with Yzerman upfront and frey's skills always keeps him top contender

NYI angryjay93 +475 An excellent lineup of super speed bondra-granato and players aj is lethal with like clark niewy...and a real good goalie in barasshole, the angrygay might be back.

CHI Zalex1414 +475 Cinderella 8th seed last season knocking out top seeds to finals and just missing out, another deep playoff run maybe?

T.B skoolyardpuck +560 Messier+Neely all that needs to be said, each are total wrecking balls and mess passing + neely shooting is scary.

TOR smozoma +1150 Teemu + Klima fastest lineup every and Belfour at the backend only problem is this is a total defensive coach it'll be hard to harness that much talent upfront. A .500 season and playoff berth looks doable.

PIT PerennialChoker +1200 Mario+Sakic SOHOMO is always totally unpredicatable so ill put him here, i wanna see a deep playoff run..if he makes playoffs?

DET sebe82 +1750 This lineup looks flat and uninspiring especially with the massive hole of Blue at G its going to be hard to keep puck out of net with so many great offenses this season. Hogue verbeek carson and the big dmen will have to play great for this to work.

STL Iceguy94 +3000 On paper atleast there are some gaping holes in this lineup, light starting dmen, and muller-steen-otto/zezel? and Burke at G, there are really no extraordinary players on this team, only if he can get some amazing chemistry from this lineup does he have a shot.

Leave comments

B coming soon

hokkeefan(vancouver) blitz B lg -worst team my evil drunk twin has built yet = EPIC FAIL!

Blitz A Cup odds

Leave comments

B coming soon

hogue verbeek turd WILL DOMINATE!!! :P

After week 1 these need adjusting

Blitz A Cup odds

BUF Icestorm NHL94 +385 This asstorm is due for a huge playoff run, he seems to be itching closer and closer with some playoff style hockey, a big fat ass lineup here that will be tough for any team to contain.

NYI angryjay93 +425 An excellent lineup of super speed bondra-granato and players aj is lethal with like clark niewy...and a real good goalie in barasshole, the angrygay might be back.

CHI Zalex1414 +440 Cinderella 8th seed last season knocking out top seeds to finals and just missing out, another deep playoff run maybe?

ANH canadiensfan66 +680 Should be an explosive offensive with Teek-Gart-semek/lomakin and the great turderri at G, the move from sunny miami to sunny disneyland will be smooth.

DET sebe82 +1550 This lineup looks flat and uninspiring especially with the massive hole of Blue at G its going to be hard to keep puck out of net with so many great offenses this season. Hogue verbeek carson and the big dmen will have to play great for this to work.

Leave comments

B coming soon

DAL - Kingraph + 250 - With a rising coach and the defending A league champion's roster this will be the team to beat.

LA - dcicon5148 + 275 - The defending B league champion has re-tooled with a deeper team but lacks the star power that won the cup. Will give any team a run for the money for sure.

VAN - hokkeefan2 + 350 - Always a threat, VAN is ready to bring back a championship but will fall short with a depleted roster.

OTT - xdeathsbloodx + 400 - After a first round upset OTT looks ready to turn that success into the regular season.

WPG - chrisknights@ + 425 - A Blitz 5 run to the Finals will be continued with a deep playoff run.

HFD - donnybrook94 + 600 - This roster is good enough to advance to the playoffs but how far will a rusty coach be will be the question.

NJ - mcarthurbsu33 + 650 - The Devils have a great blue line but lack everywhere else. A playoff team but can't compete with some of the offense heavy teams.

SJ - houly8 + 750 - Will this be the year of a playoff run, doubtful, as proven last season, Bure needs help and this team doesn't have it.

QUE - Terrapin4J + 950 - This team will be a tough match-up but will not have the firepower to keep up with the top teams.

EDM - danlizhot2010 + 1000 - If Mogilny can get some help this team could be dangerous, watch out and don't take them for granted.

BOS - Pearate + 1200 - Patrick Roy is the top goalie in the game but he'll need a better set of forwards to get wins.

CAL - Rage93 + 1250 - There is some talent on this roster, but this team won't gel together and will have trouble staying in games.

Feel free to add to this or post your own predictions.

Edited by dcicon5148

DAL - Kingraph + 250 - With a rising coach and the defending A league champion's roster this will be the team to beat.

LA - dcicon5148 + 275 - The defending B league champion has re-tooled with a deeper team but lacks the star power that won the cup. Will give any team a run for the money for sure.

VAN - hokkeefan2 + 350 - Always a threat, VAN is ready to bring back a championship but will fall short with a depleted roster.

OTT - xdeathsbloodx + 400 - After a first round upset OTT looks ready to turn that success into the regular season.

WPG - chrisknights@ + 425 - A Blitz 5 run to the Finals will be continued with a deep playoff run.

HFD - donnybrook94 + 600 - This roster is good enough to advance to the playoffs but how far will a rusty coach be will be the question.

NJ - mcarthurbsu33 + 650 - The Devils have a great blue line but lack everywhere else. A playoff team but can't compete with some of the offense heavy teams.

SJ - houly8 + 750 - Will this be the year of a playoff run, doubtful, as proven last season, Bure needs help and this team doesn't have it.

QUE - Terrapin4J + 950 - This team will be a tough match-up but will not have the firepower to keep up with the top teams.

EDM - danlizhot2010 + 1000 - If Mogilny can get some help this team could be dangerous, watch out and don't take them for granted.

BOS - Pearate + 1200 - Patrick Roy is the top goalie in the game but he'll need a better set of forwards to get wins.

CAL - Rage93 + 1250 - There is some talent on this roster, but this team won't gel together and will have trouble staying in games.

Honestly, dickon you should rate yourself better being the defending champ but i guess you trying to modest here.

As for prediction-wise

prolly you dickon, brak (even tho he is rusted) and hokkey, have the best shot i think. darkhorse is dan

Sorry raph but i could be wrong

Edited by mav

That team probably works against him... As both him and swos are replacement coaches, they both got late draft picks. Kingraph did do a pretty good job building a team, but my team rating formula has the team at 69, 2nd lowest in the league (although I think he has a couple players who are underrated in my formula, such as Courtnall).

DAL - Kingraph + 250

LA - dcicon5148 + 275

VAN - hokkeefan2 + 350

OTT - xdeathsbloodx + 400

WPG - chrisknights@ + 425

HFD - donnybrook94 + 600

NJ - mcarthurbsu33 + 650

SJ - houly8 + 750

QUE - Terrapin4J + 950

EDM - danlizhot2010 + 1000

BOS - Pearate + 1200

CAL - Rage93 + 1250

Id put Houli, Pearate and Dan ahead of Donny and Beavs without hesitation.

LA - dcicon5148 + 235 - The defending B league champion has re-tooled with a deeper team but lacks the star power that won the cup. Will give any team a run for the money for sure.

DAL - Kingraph + 285 - With a rising coach and the defending A league champion's roster this will be the team to beat.

SJ - houly8 + 350 - Will this be the year of a playoff run, doubtful, as proven last season, Bure needs help and this team doesn't have it.

OTT - xdeathsbloodx + 425 - After a first round upset OTT looks ready to turn that success into the regular season.

WPG - chrisknights@ + 450 - A Blitz 5 run to the Finals will be continued with a deep playoff run.

BOS - Pearate + 650 - Patrick Roy is the top goalie in the game but he'll need a better set of forwards to get wins.

HFD - donnybrook94 + 650 - This roster is good enough to advance to the playoffs but how far will a rusty coach be will be the question.

EDM - danlizhot2010 + 1200 - If Mogilny can get some help this team could be dangerous, watch out and don't take them for granted.

QUE - Terrapin4J + 1200 - This team will be a tough match-up but will not have the firepower to keep up with the top teams.

CAL - Rage93 + 1800 - There is some talent on this roster, but this team won't gel together and will have trouble staying in games.

IMO

That team probably works against him... As both him and swos are replacement coaches, they both got late draft picks. Kingraph did do a pretty good job building a team, but my team rating formula has the team at 69, 2nd lowest in the league (although I think he has a couple players who are underrated in my formula, such as Courtnall).

Yeah, I didn't think my team was as strong as others, however, after a full classic season with TB, they feel like all-stars! :lol:

Does your team rating formula calculate all 12 players? It'd be interesting to see what the ratings are for the assumed starting 5 + G. I don't feel depth is that important, especially after the 1st D, but I could be wrong.

Can you post this list for A/B?

Edited by dcicon5148

Yeah, I didn't think my team was as strong as others, however, after a full classic season with TB, they feel like all-stars! :lol:

Does your team rating formula calculate all 12 players? It'd be interesting to see what the ratings are for the assumed starting 5 + G. I don't feel depth is that important, especially after the 1st D, but I could be wrong.

The formula is something like

(2* (Top player + all starting lineup) + both backup D + 4th forward) / 17

So according to that (but I think it's not exactly what I was using) your starting lineup is counted twice, your star player an extra two times, then both your backup D and 4th forward. Then an average is taken. Most teams are around 70-74.

It assumes both your D play occasionally, due to penalties, but that your weakest 2 forwards pretty much never play.

Can you post this list for A/B?

If I remember when I'm home, but you can always open up the ROM in EARE and check them out.

The formula is something like

(2* (Top player + all starting lineup) + both backup D + 4th forward) / 17

So according to that (but I think it's not exactly what I was using) your starting lineup is counted twice, your star player an extra two times, then both your backup D and 4th forward. Then an average is taken. Most teams are around 70-74.

It assumes both your D play occasionally, due to penalties, but that your weakest 2 forwards pretty much never play.

That formula makes sense, thanks. I need to get one of those "star" players, that would help. :P

The actual formula is the sum of the following, divided by 32:

2 x highest-rated player

4 x top G, top 3 F, top 2 D

2 x 3rd D and 4th F

1 x 4th D and 5th F

I sort of screwed it up by not sorting the players by overall in excel when calculating this...

Anyway, the ratings in the ROM are as follows, and in brackets is the result if I had sorted it properly:

ANH 70

BOS 74

BUF 72 (73)

CGY 77

CHI 73 (74)

DAL 69 (70)

DET 69

EDM 75

HFD 74

L.A 77

MTL 72

N.J 77

NYI 70 (71)

NYR 73

OTT 70

PHI 72 (74)

PIT 75

QUE 75

S.J 73 (74)

STL 71 (72)

T.B 72 (73)

TOR 74

VAN 69 (70)

WPG 68 (69)

The actual formula is the sum of the following, divided by 32:

2 x highest-rated player

4 x top G, top 3 F, top 2 D

2 x 3rd D and 4th F

1 x 4th D and 5th F

How are the individual player ratings calculated? Is is based on the values set in the Blitz spreadsheet? Sorry if this has been covered before, I couldn't find anything via search.

How are the individual player ratings calculated? Is is based on the values set in the Blitz spreadsheet? Sorry if this has been covered before, I couldn't find anything via search.

I use the default formula the game uses. In the spreadsheet, that's "Ovr (orig)".

I use the default formula the game uses. In the spreadsheet, that's "Ovr (orig)".

Cool, gotcha.

I may come up with some team rankings that value weight/check ability, shot power, etc. more and awareness, endurance, etc. less, similar to what I did with my classic player rankings (i.e. value the attributes we care about). As you know the original formula values endurance (useless without line changes), gives Shot Power a 1, offensive awareness 3, weight is not factored.

I will, of course, share any results I come up with.

• 3 weeks later...

camman dick lol ;)

Edited by Houli