NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 07 Draft Info

smozoma

Is the draft page down?

I'm going to pause the draft for tonight and generate the protection lists so people know what they have to work with..

So, the draft page for making a pick will be offline. You can still access the other draft info using this link: http://blitz94.com/draftab/viewpicks.asp

I took it down, I need to sort out the effects of this new draft/protection method tonight.

You can still view the current picks using http://blitz94.com/draftab/viewpicks.asp

And here is the link to view current/previous rosters:

http://blitz94.com/draftab/rosterinfo.asp?team=CGY

(although I think some teams are wrong because I didn't transfer the players to the new team if the coach switched cities)

I have a couple questions:

Does every round have the same order? In other words, am I drafting 22nd in each round?

Once a player is taken from a team, all that team's other players automatically protected until the next open round... is this true of every round of just the 1st round?

Wookie, to answer your questions 1) no the draft "snakes" so it alternates picks 1-24 then 24-1. And 2) no cause after round 1 we will be doing all the protection picks and after that any players not protected are free to pick

Any chance we can just go back to the regular way of doing the protect round?

If it ain't broke .......

It's always been broken; I'm finally fixing it ;)

My original plan for Blitz was always to have protections done before the draft.

I have a question about trades:

Let's say I trade a player for a draft pick... does that mean the other manager would also need to use a protect pick on the player they just traded for?

it all depends on what pick it is. if your looking to trade your 1st pick which isn't normally recommended even though you have the 24th pick. i think you would get get the pick and move up (or down) and the other guy would get the player wont have to use his protect pick. Not sure sure though if you can trade anyone from your protect list

Edited by mav

The only people who have a "protect" list right now are those who have had people drafted from their team.

Not only that, but smoz said he is putting your players in pairs and you can only protect one guy from each pair.

How can you trade a protected player when you don't know who you will choose to protect? You can't.

Trades aren't going to be possible until smoz is done sending us our teams split up in pairs.

i picked the wrong stephane richer, wanted the foward obviously :|

The website is all up to date with all the protection picks.

Things will be stalled tonight and part of sunday, though, since beavers is unable to check the site until sunday afternoon.

The usual dynamic deadline structure will be in play. See the first post.