NHL'94 Forums

No suspension?!

shaftman

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The moral of this thread is that fpb and 99% of hab's fans will never view the incident objectively, so quit feeding the troll and move on.

Yeah enough of this topic! I am sure tonight someone will get smashed hard with the intent to injure lolol :lol:

The moral of this thread is that fpb and 99% of hab's fans will never view the incident objectively, so quit feeding the troll and move on.

oh shut up.

Thorthon, Sedin, Air Canada, Reebook, VIA Rail, etc are all for a chara suspension and they voiced their opinion in the media. I guess they are all habs fan that didnt view the incident objectively too ? Even boston media though Chara was going to be out for 1-2games.

So please stop saying we, habs fan, are blind and only see whats good for our team.

oh shut up.

Thorthon, Sedin, Air Canada, Reebook, VIA Rail, etc are all for a chara suspension and they voiced their opinion in the media. I guess they are all habs fan that didnt view the incident objectively too ? Even boston media though Chara was going to be out for 1-2games.

So please stop saying we, habs fan, are blind and only see whats good for our team.

yeah that is the funniest thing about this thread.Everyone thinks the habs and other canadians arent seeing this right along with the sponsors and government and police .Hmmm maybe give your head a shake guys and use your f**king brains or maybe you cant and thats why you continue to not see it for what it really is

Edited by hokkeefan

Yeah you nailed it, anyone who thinks he should be suspended is clearly a HABs fan, because thats what I said.. :blink:

The police seem annoyed by idiot fanboys (FPB) who dont understand anything about sports law, so I wouldnt really say they agree.

I personally would like to see a suspension, but not because of the extent of the injury, like grayto said. Although by now, it wouldn't do much good with the incident being so far removed.

Sadly, you are completely wrong.

..Unless suddenly fighting majors are now followed by assult charges under intentional tort? The standard held for sporting injuries is completely different than regular law, as it takes into consideration the nature of the game. Otherwise, sport would be impossible as every player would risk a lawsuit on every play.

I would ask you to please try to refrain from spewing nonsense about matters you have never been educated in, but then again if that was the case, you would never get to post on the forum again :rolleyes:

Carse: Regular law applies to sports lol.

Because sports are so important to our social well being we need the local law enforcement and courts to settle disputes and differences because the league does not have or does not hire officials to take care of these situations....

I tried to find the video but couldn't. About 10 years ago our local minor team was playing, god awful pro team, but one game there was a home player down on the ice and a player from the visiting Anchorage team turned around and took a two hand swing to the player's face who was down on the ice. Later that night the home team filed a police report to never the less say wasted the time of the Fresno Police Department and perhaps the time of other jugdes or law officials had to deal with this crap that happened in a hockey game that only a few people really watched or cared about. There was a legitimate cheap shot here, but getting law enforcement involved? waste of time

Edited by kupuck19

Sadly, you are completely wrong.

..Unless suddenly fighting majors are now followed by assult charges under intentional tort? The standard held for sporting injuries is completely different than regular law, as it takes into consideration the nature of the game. Otherwise, sport would be impossible as every player would risk a lawsuit on every play.

I would ask you to please try to refrain from spewing nonsense about matters you have never been educated in, but then again if that was the case, you would never get to post on the forum again :rolleyes:

Well if he clearly refused to fight then yes.

Someone could succesfully charge someone for assault and did, not later than last year in the QJMHL.

''I would ask you to please try to refrain from spewing nonsense about matters you have never been educated in, but then again if that was the case, you would never get to post on the forum again :rolleyes:''

Giving it back to you.

We discussed it on aim, but yeah one of the best defenses for sporting injury suits is "inherent risk." Of course charges can be brought against him, that isnt the question. (Anyone can sue a person for pretty much anything, the question is if the charges will stick) If this did go to court, all Chara's attorneys would have to prove is that the Plaintiff had reasonable apprehension of immediate harm. I personally would say that being checked into a partiton is something a reasonable person is aware of while playing hockey, thus making it an inherent risk of the game.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rHHMZkpvw6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Man all these cases are just popping up on the net. Must be a ton of Hab haters lololol

Looks like Hal Gill pulled a Chara. What did he get?

Man, Don Cherry was on fire tonight. Couldn't agree with him more. Well thought out, articulated and educated opinion. FPB you should listen and take notes. He sounds pretty intelligent :)

Man, Don Cherry was on fire tonight. Couldn't agree with him more. Well thought out, articulated and educated opinion. FPB you should listen and take notes. He sounds pretty intelligent :)

Yeah Right after you said he would be biased and have an uneducated speach. You can't stop destroying your own speeches.

As for the Sim hit I answered earlier. Gill never made face to the post, Sim's locomotion was the only thing that drived me into the post.

I liked how he mention the location of the Air Canada and Via Rail headquarters but didn't mention who elects the disciplinary prefects (Boston Bruins' owner)

Tough the 45 degree thing is a great idea.

The main difference between that hit and all the others in the highlights is:

A: We don't know if these checks were legal or not.

B: None of them had the guy facing the pole when he engaged his hit

Edited by The Russian Rocket

Don Cherry is the smartest hockey guy around and dont ever diss him again you meathead

Yep I take back what I said earlier about Cherry, which all I said was he was anti european (whcih I think is hard to argue anyway :)

But FPB you glossed over my appreciation for Cherry's opinion. Did you not have any other thought on the 3 minutes Cherry spoke about the incident, or the several dozen other hits involving the Stanchion as well as the so called 'danger zone' on the ice everyone knows about? Could've sworn a lot of them had the player being hit:

a ) Facing the stanchion

b ) the puck no where to be seen

But if you drive someone into the Stanchion is it not an 'ilegal' hit as u deem it? Man, pretty tough to argue the vids Don provides, and if you do, you're definitely calling into question Don Cherry, Hockey Night in Canada, and te crew that looked up all of those incidents. That would sure make you an expert that everyone must appreciate and respect :| NumbNutz

Icestorm: Hitler was ''Appericated and respected'' when he was elected.

How about you stop considering your position towards something as valuable? (AKA it's not because you think something is credible, that it automatically IS).

As for the hits, A and B must be in the same play. A or B alone does not cause a illegal hit, being perpetrated by someone who is acknoledgly doing it. (Shoving the guy into the stanchion)

As for all these plays we would have to get more than 5 seconds of the play and analyze it. I could agree that some would be warrant of suspensions.

I love how you criticize the NHL committee then use it as a reference saying X or Y guy/act never got suspended.

Edited by The Russian Rocket

Icestorm: Hitler was ''Appericated and respected'' when he was elected.

How about you stop considering your position towards something as valuable? (AKA it's not because you think something is credible, that it automatically IS).

As for the hits, A and B must be in the same play. A or B alone does not cause a illegal hit, being perpetrated by someone who is acknoledgly doing it. (Shoving the guy into the stanchion)

As for all these plays we would have to get more than 5 seconds of the play and analyze it. I could agree that some would be warrant of suspensions.

I love how you criticize the NHL committee then use it as a reference saying X or Y guy/act never got suspended.

I didn't I criticized the NHL Committe at all. I think they got it right :) AS for '5 seconds of play' thats all we got for Chara too. The incident only lasted 2-3 seconds.

Again, I guess thw work of the HNIC crew along with Don Cherry are comparing apples to oranges. You are much smarter on this topic then they are apparently.

Appeal to authority. Nice Sophism. Again.

It's sad that I have to explain it to you every time. ANyway. As for the 5 ''Seconds'' I meant they only showed 1 angle, really quick, one time. As for the Chara incident you can have it all you want on multiple angles.

Yes saying ''This time they got it right'' is pretty much implicating you critize the NHL committee on his past decisions.

You seriously suck at keeping a straight speech.

Yep I take back what I said earlier about Cherry, which all I said was he was anti european (whcih I think is hard to argue anyway :)

But FPB you glossed over my appreciation for Cherry's opinion. Did you not have any other thought on the 3 minutes Cherry spoke about the incident, or the several dozen other hits involving the Stanchion as well as the so called 'danger zone' on the ice everyone knows about? Could've sworn a lot of them had the player being hit:

a ) Facing the stanchion

b ) the puck no where to be seen

But if you drive someone into the Stanchion is it not an 'ilegal' hit as u deem it? Man, pretty tough to argue the vids Don provides, and if you do, you're definitely calling into question Don Cherry, Hockey Night in Canada, and te crew that looked up all of those incidents. That would sure make you an expert that everyone must appreciate and respect :| NumbNutz

I personnaly request that u edit the NutzDeLaNumb in your post like you do with my posts

:D

the Bruins would be much better off if they suspended Chara themselves. one games. there absolutely would have been far fewer phantom calls against the team, since. if that bias carries over, there will be no playoffs for the Bruins (if Bergeron and Recchi and Marchand keep slipping down to finish the regular season in the Ryder zone on the +/- chart -- http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112BOSSASAll&sort=plusMinus&viewName=plusMinus -- there will be no playoffs for the Bruins; Timmy Tommy, save us, now!).

Chara is a huge guy who has trained himself to conserve his energy for use when he needs it. when not using his full efforts, he is lazy and hooks and holds and spears and crosschecks and trips and.... when using his energy, he has tantrums and spasms and delivers punishing hits like Stevens. he's a monster, leashed.

if the Canadans really valued those bitch players, they'd pad those corners better or replace the corner with another arrangement or raise and move back the whole area, away from and above the boards. the league could put effort into arranging arena in the safest way possible for fans and staff. hockey could still have a viscous allure, as long as fighting stays and continues to curtail the antics that lead to injury, knowingly or not. take away that decapitation machine against the boards and there is no intent to injure.

the Bruins need to have a doghouse available at all times for the leashed goon that Chara is. I've watched almost all of his games since coming to Boston. I watch games passionately, analytically, intently and carefully. I attest that Chara is an efficient beast and I am glad he hates the Canadiens. he's "ours" for now and I hope the Bruins trade him while he's still worth a lot. a one game suspension by the team's management would've secured a better future for the Bruins (ref bias is real and phantom calls are a problem -- what ever happened to diving?). trading the tallest player to ever play in the NHL while he's still extremely valuable can still secure a bountiful future for the professional hockey team in Boston, but the management missed an opportunity to quell referee bias and appear to be concerned for player safety and just calls in not suspending Chara for one game after that hit that he should have known would very seriously hurt somebody.

Edited by trudatman

• 3 months later...