NHL'94 Forums

hot and cold lists

hot and cold lists  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to read the hot and cold lists?

• Yes, always!
    • No, I skip right to the game menu.
    • Sometimes.

I know some guys I've played against like to see the hot cold lists at the start. I always wondered what the advantage was to reading the hot and cold lists since most guys usually check the team rosters anyways to see who their line up will be. What do you think?

Halifax, glad you brought that up. I always like to scroll through. It drives me crazy when people skip it. Honestly, I read it b/c I'm just superstitious. I like to think it gives me an edge for some reason, when in reality, it probably doesn't. And it's a matter of habit for me as well. Good poll.

I've found that if you take the guy who is hot out and leave the guy who is cold in you usually run up the score higher and faster than vice versa. I've seen Pavel Bure put in with the cold rating and he had something crazy like 17 goals, no assists though (as if you ever get assists in the game!). But if you put him in when he's hot he only has like 5 goals. It works with most of the power fowards and defensemen, but I suggest you try it...it may just be unique to my cartridge. :)

I never look at the hot and cold lists.

I have my lines and back ups and if egg is right then we shouldn't care about it either.

If the hot and cold streaks don't work what a waste of time looking at them.

Or is there proof that they do work?

But I'll go with whatever I'm told or what the poll results are.

If Linden or Bure were on cold steaks I'd still put them in.

post-269-1183131975.jpg

Honestly, I read it b/c I'm just superstitious. I like to think it gives me an edge for some reason, when in reality, it probably doesn't. And it's a matter of habit for me as well. Good poll.

That is one of the reasons I look at it.

Another reason is because I usually decide whether to use Courtnall or Linden. If Courtnall is COLD or normal, I switch him with Linden. For draft league, it's very similar. I switch between Ruutu and Thomas.

Good poll halifax.

I don't know what it is but if you get a COLD Fuhr, you're playing with the best goalie in the league.

I know what you're talking about. Hextall doesn't ever become amazing, but strangely, he plays better with a cold streak than hot streak, or so it seems.

I know what you're talking about. Hextall doesn't ever become amazing, but strangely, he plays better with a cold streak than hot streak, or so it seems.

Damn it, that reminds me, why the hell did the Flyers trade away Hexy? In fact, why did they ever trade away Forsberg in the first place?!

The only thing that could make NHL 94 even better than it is now for me is if the Flyers had Hextall for the 93 season. :)

Damn it, that reminds me, why the hell did the Flyers trade away Hexy? In fact, why did they ever trade away Forsberg in the first place?!

The only thing that could make NHL 94 even better than it is now for me is if the Flyers had Hextall for the 93 season. :(

Foresberg was injured for almost his whole time here he's, it's not why last season was a debacle but Flyers brass wasn't expected to sign him (I think).

Besides we picked up Timmonen, Hartnell and the 2nd pick for a player who many very well have played his last game in the NHL. Awesome move by Homer.

On topic I allways watch the hot/cold matchups esp if I'm away at MSG :)

Foresberg was injured for almost his whole time here he's, it's not why last season was a debacle but Flyers brass wasn't expected to sign him (I think).

Besides we picked up Timmonen, Hartnell and the 2nd pick for a player who many very well have played his last game in the NHL. Awesome move by Homer.

On topic I allways watch the hot/cold matchups esp if I'm away at MSG :dal_skater_hand_grab:

Actually, I meant why they traded him after drafting him. :lol:

I only watch the hot/cold matchups to see how much a player's overall flucuates and how they stack up against their counterpart. It's surprising, actually.

Actually, I meant why they traded him after

I only watch the hot/cold matchups to see how much a player's overall flucuates and how they stack up against their counterpart. It's surprising, actually.

Oh haha, that's a question better suited for Mr Owl

howmany4.jpg

Question: Mr. Turtle, how many checks does it take to get to the center of the crease?

Mr. Turtle: I've never made without biting, ask Mr. Owl.

Question: Mr. Owl, how many checks does it take to get to the center of the crease?

Mr. Owl: Let's find out: One, T-t-t-t-wooooo, Thareee! Three.

Anyway, back on topic. I've messing with the hot/cold players as egg mentioned taking out the hot players and leaving in the cold players. NHL94 seems to have a habit of using reverse psychology on us. Seems we can score more on a penalty kill, the smaller guys can check better, and the cold players perform better. What else is there?

-Evan

I didn't realize how many read the hot/cold lists. I figured more would be on the no side. good to know.

QUOTE(IAmFleury @ Jun 29 2007, 01:21 PM)

I don't know what it is but if you get a COLD Fuhr, you're playing with the best goalie in the league.

Uuuhhhh, Belfour? :lol:

I know, you would think so. Moreover, in my experiences, Hot Belfour is one of the most inconsistent goalies around.