NHL'94 Forums

GDL PRESEASON UPDATE

beavers33

I love VC in the morning

in the evening

at suppertime

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I tried to put the rom to database, but it wasn't possible because there were many players in 2 teams, and the database script (csv) only accepts perfect rosters. Beavers is working on this and also on the schedule aswell, so thank you very much Beavers. At least these players needs replacement:

Knickle (LA)

Berthiaume (QUE)

Galley (SJ)

Foote (WSH)

Stauber (MIN)

Also there were some trades that weren't put in there.

I know you are all eager to start the season already but these things needs to be fixed first. Also I have to return schoolwork project next week and that takes most of my time so it's possible the league starts May 2nd. March 25th is possible but more closer the next week gets I need to focus on my schoolproject.

hey guys, dont mean to hijack your thread, but since you guys are using a custom rom file for the league i figured id ask my question here..

my buddy and i just got netplay etc up and running. we can play the original un edited NHL 94 rom file perfect. but when we play say the updated 2011 playoff edition version we get a delay so to speak in game. where im 30 seconds ahead of him etc.

can someone explain why that happens? what causes it to happen etc?

any info would be great!!

thanks fellas..

hey guys, dont mean to hijack your thread, but since you guys are using a custom rom file for the league i figured id ask my question here..

my buddy and i just got netplay etc up and running. we can play the original un edited NHL 94 rom file perfect. but when we play say the updated 2011 playoff edition version we get a delay so to speak in game. where im 30 seconds ahead of him etc.

can someone explain why that happens? what causes it to happen etc?

any info would be great!!

thanks fellas..

I've heard that other people have had trouble with the 2011 ROM, too.

That ROM is unique in that it was hacked to allow goalie control with the X button on a 6-button controller. Apparently that hack for some mysterious reason prevents netplay :(

you know whats funny, we tried that rom, and that rom only.. we will try some other ones like the 91 rom etc later on!! hopefully its just an issue with that file and that file only. bc with the normal 94 rom it worked.

i mean, the 2011 playoff one did work, but somehow gets out of sync during play. it doesnt drop us, we can still pause it, but when we go back in the game im ahead 30 secs or vise versa lol..

thanks for your response..

again, sorry for hijacking this thread, just was getting frustrated with that rom lol..

KUPuck (vinnie) and I have been using the playoff update of jesus' rom and it works fine online for us.

can you post that file you use so we can see if it works for us?

figured out what the issue was..

i rename my rom files.. so the rom names didnt match up, so im guessing that was the problem. weird thing is it at least loaded and we could get in a game earlier this afternoon.

bc we downloaded the above, didnt change anything and it worked!! lol

now, i changed the rom name, he didnt.. loaded up, whoever wasnt the host, got a black screen. renamed it to something that was the same again, and it worked!!

weird!! lol..

all good now though.. thanks for helping out!!

Go post s**t in the appropriate thread you boneheads

thumbs up cool dude.

i posted in here and STATED why i did it.. everyone was very helpful etc. then you came along!! move along elsewhere, bc what we needed to figure out, we did, with help from great members..

take care bro..

Edited by Fiddy

If netplay works fine with this rom would there be any interest in a 16 team Playoff Tournament??

OB helped me figure it out. I think I fixed it. http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/12929-how-to-play-patched-games-in-netplay/page__pid__102375#entry102375