NHL'94 Forums

What's happened to the website?

Tony Twist

This has been the first time in over a week that I've been able to access the forums without some sort of directory error. Problems seemed to start happening right around when all the spam was happening. Any updates? There's also no longer any dates or times of postings on the main page.

Looks like its safe to start posting again and making topics. I told Evan to change the security question to something more random to prevent spamming again, so hopefully the site will be spam free for awhile.

I have been getting spam emails since the spammers arrived. Did they get my email address? Is anyone else receiving spam emails too?

I've had a nasty rash on my "manhood" since the forum crashed..................has anyone else had a similar experience during these 94-less days.............or is this something completely unrelated?

I've had a nasty rash on my "manhood" since the forum crashed..................has anyone else had a similar experience during these 94-less days.............or is this something completely unrelated?

Haha that could have happened to rc69fabs as well and could be the cause of his email spammage.

As far as what happened to the site, it got overloaded which caused the server to shutdown connection to the database. It could have been due to the spammers all logging in at one time and there were too many connections to the database. There's normally a maximum setting as to how

many open connections can be had at one time.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Security measures have been put in place to prevent spammers.

I have been getting spam emails since the spammers arrived. Did they get my email address? Is anyone else receiving spam emails too?

I didn't get any spam emails bud.

Sorry guys, but it looks like we didn't get rid of all of them, another spammer just posted :(

edit: and it got deleted just like that, hopefully this isn't a problem for long

Edited by orangeblack92