NHL'94 Forums

I just played 94 on the sega genesis 16 bit with the 6 button sega controller and WOW

Yeah, that's my controller of choice as well. Note, there are two 6-button controllers. One has the turbo feature.

I prefer the one without turbo, it's slightly bigger and the d-pad is tighter, much like the original 3 button The turbo d-pad is really soft and loose. Best way I can describe it.

i wore the d-pad off of one of my mk-1470 :( . my other sega six button, the d pad sucked. and a non sega brand six button i had, the a and b button stoped workin in a week. im currently waiting one some more random cunts i orderd on ebay to come in.

the adapter is sick but finding quality cunts is hard.

dont buy the usb (adapter-less) sega cunts. i had 3 different ones and they all broke in a week

Edited by JayLighter420

Yeah, that's my controller of choice as well. Note, there are two 6-button controllers. One has the turbo feature.

I prefer the one without turbo, it's slightly bigger and the d-pad is tighter, much like the original 3 button The turbo d-pad is really soft and loose. Best way I can describe it.

yeah it was the narrow controller with no turbo ,not like the big bulky 1st controller

The adaptor with the original SEGA 6 button is the way to go. I'm amazed people play this game on keyboard.

Me too, and it's some of the best players out there!

Can anyone send me a couple of 6-button segas with adapters to Mexico please?

If you're serious, PM me and we'll figure it out.

Just picked up a couple of these recently and they work great. Also, the n64 one does work great as well.

Yup, that's what I'm using, with this particular controller:

U-040-H-00090-A_00.jpg

where can i find these affordably and in decent condition? i hate to buy off of ebay, just because it's impossible to know if you're getting the real deal. i threw mine too many times and shattered it into a million pieces. checked all my local pawn shops and they don't even have any authentic genesis controllers. all knock offs that apparently never work, based on the three i bought a few weeks ago.

Me too, and it's some of the best players out there!

If you're serious, PM me and we'll figure it out.

Yup, that's what I'm using, with this particular controller:

U-040-H-00090-A_00.jpg

I loved mine when I had that.. Mine was rigged so it had a USB port attached to it without an adaptor, but something in the controller just died out and now it doesnt get recognized when I plug it in :( Now i've been stuck w a logitech snes looking controller I got at best buy

where can i find these affordably and in decent condition? i hate to buy off of ebay, just because it's impossible to know if you're getting the real deal. i threw mine too many times and shattered it into a million pieces. checked all my local pawn shops and they don't even have any authentic genesis controllers. all knock offs that apparently never work, based on the three i bought a few weeks ago.

I bought two at different times on eBay a while back -- I think they were $15 each w/shipping. Not cheap, but these suckers last...within reason. Well built, imo, for a controller. You can open them up, clean them, put them back together easily and they're good as new!

As for authenticity, I guess it's always a risk, but you should be able to tell from seller, picture, and price (~$15).

I loved mine when I had that.. Mine was rigged so it had a USB port attached to it without an adaptor, but something in the controller just died out and now it doesnt get recognized when I plug it in :( Now i've been stuck w a logitech snes looking controller I got at best buy

Maybe a wire came loose? If you open up the controller, you may be able to see if it was soldered onto one of the retrozone USB kits. They have the wiring diagram, so you can possibly solder it back if you're comfortable doing that (assuming that's the problem).

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=45

somebody please explain why somebody would throw a controller.

somebody please explain why somebody would throw a controller.

we've had this discussion before. read this, get off your high horse and stop trolling.

Intermittent explosive disorder (abbreviated IED) is a behavioral disorder characterized by extreme expressions of anger, often to the point of violence, that are disproportionate to the situation at hand. It is currently categorized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders as an impulse control disorder. IED belongs to the larger family of Axis I impulse control disorders listed in the DSM-IV-TR, along with kleptomania, pyromania, pathological gambling, and others.[1] Impulsive aggression is unpremeditated, and is defined by a disproportionate reaction to any provocation, real or perceived. Some individuals have reported affective changes prior to an outburst (e.g., tension, mood changes, energy changes, etc.).[2]

Intermittent explosive disorder (abbreviated IED) is a behavioral disorder characterized by extreme expressions of anger, often to the point of violence, that are disproportionate to the situation at hand. It is currently categorized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders as an impulse control disorder. IED belongs to the larger family of Axis I impulse control disorders listed in the DSM-IV-TR, along with kleptomania, pyromania, pathological gambling, and others.[1] Impulsive aggression is unpremeditated, and is defined by a disproportionate reaction to any provocation, real or perceived. Some individuals have reported affective changes prior to an outburst (e.g., tension, mood changes, energy changes, etc.).[2]

Somehow this makes me feel better. :lol:

excellent answer. I'm sorry if that didn't stick the last time you posted it, but I really don't remember that excerpt. it is much less confusing and humorous when examined dryly. that was exactly the type of response I hoped for and didn't think I would get. the post above this one is what I expected.

I bought my 6 button controllers off ebay with no problem - I bought 2 in one transaction - doubling my chances of getting a good one. Been using them for over a year, no probs. The adapators were way more expensive, but those things are solid.

Somehow this makes me feel better. :lol:

LOL .....and to whoever is thinking about getting this controller n adapter or not ....it will improve your game by at least 5x,it really is the best controller ever made for us IED freaks hahahahaha ,I am ordering mine today or monday ,it could be the only thing that will get me into blitz playoffs heeh

Edited by hokkeefan

• 1 month later...

trouble with those is they aren't glued down and thus require you to hold it in place while you viciously throttle the control stick. it's setting you up to fail, unless you are playing in slow motion.

• 7 months later...