NHL'94 Forums

NHL 2024 ['94] by JKline3 and von Ozbourne

von Ozbourne

With a few major roster changes occurring recently, we've put together a minor update to hold us over until the new year.

There have been a small handful of roster moves since Version 1.0, but the most notable changes include:

• Kane is in, Perry is out.
  • Goaltenders reevaluated and changed up in cases where the original projected #1 or 1A has been relegated to 1B or backup status.
  • Cleaned up a small number of player photos.
  • This new ref animation isn't new. but I'm just going to bring attention to it as a distraction.

Faceoff.gif

Added to original post as well.

NHL 2024 - Retro 94 x 30th Edition v1.2.bin

Edited by von Ozbourne
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

INJURING  as a penalty... come on

how about ROUGHING, SPEARING, KNEEING or MAJOR for 5s

players with long names leave letters on screen while scrolling

visually beautiful 

Edited by 77

Huh, guess I missed that one. Didn't touch the penalties, so that would have been an artifact of whichever ROM I ended up borrowing as the base when I switched from 30 to 32 teams. Changed that and updated.

Player names are a debate. Spell them properly and run into overflow or reduce them to the ten character limit and hope they don't look silly. Suppose we could open that debate again.

7 hours ago, AdamCatalyst said:

Nice, thanks for this! Hopefully the little trading frenzy is over for a bit, but I am under the impression that releases a ROM hack actually increases the amount of NHL roster activity…

GM's try to blame it on salary cap management, but we all know that they see a ROM update and call up their buddies to have a chuckle at our expense.

• Like 1

Is it appropriate to list some issues i am having with a file i downloaded here. I have both AC and Ozzy Versions. Sadly i don't know magics but if i did i would take my favorite things from both and boom combine them. But i understand your need to have one's own versions. 

Well, I suppose constructive feedback is always welcome.

Actually I've always been of the mind that it's good top be original and have a unique vision, but on the other hand, you don't want to use an inferior idea solely on the basis of being different.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m stoked to download this later!  Just got my everdrive x5 for the genesis but need the micro sd card so I can put the rom on it.   My first time doing this so hopefully the download goes smoothly.  Thank you @von Ozbournefor doing this!  You’re amazing my friend!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I’m stoked to download this later!  Just got my everdrive x5 for the genesis but need the micro sd card so I can put the rom on it.   My first time doing this so hopefully the download goes smoothly.  Thank you @von Ozbournefor doing this!  You’re amazing my friend!

Just a heads up, when you get the microSD card, you need to format it to fat32 for it to work. Then follow whatever tutorial on YT to set up the OS for the Everdrive. 

4 hours ago, l o f i - poutine said:

Just a heads up, when you get the microSD card, you need to format it to fat32 for it to work. Then follow whatever tutorial on YT to set up the OS for the Everdrive. 

Roger!  Formatting to fat32 right now.....

6 hours ago, l o f i - poutine said:

Ok so good news is I've got the hockey up and running!  It downloaded perfectly to my everdrive x5 with the 32 GB SD Card.  Bad news is I can't get any of the genesis games to load on the sd card.  Just get an error code.  I mean I got the everdrive just for this hockey game anyway but it would've been nice to horse around with some genesis games too.

35 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Ok so good news is I've got the hockey up and running!  It downloaded perfectly to my everdrive x5 with the 32 GB SD Card.  Bad news is I can't get any of the genesis games to load on the sd card.  Just get an error code.  I mean I got the everdrive just for this hockey game anyway but it would've been nice to horse around with some genesis games too.

My guess is that the other roms are region locked. I forget if that doesn’t matter with the x5. I have an x3 and an NTSC sega genesis. So I’m only limited to US roms. 

• Thanks 1

@von Ozbourne & @Jkline3 just downloaded your NHL 94 30th Anniversary Edition and it is so much fun!  Coming from just playing the original NHL 94 on Sega CD this is so neat to play with todays rosters.  Of course I'm using my Red Wings and am excited to use Patrick Kane!  Hoping Kane starts doing better so you can improve him on an update later on.  Anyway thank you so much for this!  You guys did an incredible job!  :-) 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the hard work!  I’m having a blast playing this rom, and seeing just how much has gone into it, my hat is off to the whole mod community.  It hit me right in the feels having Zadorov injure Brad Marchand in the first game I played.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

@von Ozbourneand @Jkline3 now that were halfway through the season is there a future update coming soon?  No rush just wondering. Thanks for all that you guys do!  :-)

First, You're welcome. And thanks.
Second, I can say yes. How soon exactly, I am still under the terms of the NDA and can make no further comment other than Elias Lindholm will now be on the Canucks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, von Ozbourne said:

First, You're welcome. And thanks.
Second, I can say yes. How soon exactly, I am still under the terms of the NDA and can make no further comment other than Elias Lindholm will now be on the Canucks.

Vapourware. I have it on good authority that @von Ozbourne has retired to the Caribbean, with the major bank he made with the 1.x releases this year. And what about @Jkline3? That's good question. What happened to @Jkline3@von Ozbourne? It's been two months since he has posted on this thread. Where is he exactly? Was your 50/50 split too small a share for you? Is *murder* covered under your "NDA" as well?

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, AdamCatalyst said:

Vapourware

These allegations are preposterous and won't hesitate to be as litigious as Nintendo Company to defend myself from such defamation.

It is unfortunate that I cannot ask for my esteemed, and very much still living, colleague to reply as a proof of the ludicrous nature of these allegations, as I'm sure that as someone with alleged ties to possibly shady online actors based in countries that may be hostile to us, will be well versed in the act of creating ghost accounts or logging in to other people's accounts in order to fool the general public. Ghost accounts that might also be used to puff up download numbers in order to attract better sponsors.
But of course I am not making any accusations of any wrong doing because that would not be responsible, and my lawyer may have advised me not to comment.

I would say that soon is still the timeline for the upcoming update, and you are certainly welcome to watch the All-Star festivities while you await the next release, but I understand that there is no real reason for anyone under ten to want to do that.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1