jmj

Calling all EURO players for possible EURO league!

Been enjoying very low ping while throwing exis with IceCow. So I came up with an idea to organize Classic '94 EURO league online. I only know a few NHL '94 players from the forums located in the old continent (Darko, IceCow, Depch), thus here I am inquiring for all potential players. IceCow might have a couple of players interested and I have maybe 2-5 friends who could play. 

Let me know, if you know potential players from Europe, and I'll update the post accordingly and reach out to those mentioned. Also need to get in touch with league / site admins what it takes and if it's possible to use the site for this new league. If you are new to online NHL 94 gaming, it doesn't matter! More experienced players could draft their teams last.

Confirmed
Darko (France)
Flanders (Finland)
IceCow (Germany)
jmj (Finland)
KurtVogel (Finland)
PeaRate (France)

Maybe
MrSandman

Reached out, not confirmed
swos
floating
nahkahomo
Depch

... MORE TO COME - let's see how many players we can get

Edited by jmj
  • Like 3

Well i would join anyway and like JMJ already said i may have 2 other potential players. And yeah, short pings are nice nice but more important for euro gamers could be the not existing big time differences..............

Thanks!

I just sent DM to those inactive players mentioned since they are not on Discord. Pearate & Darko I've played & they are also on Discord.

Edited by jmj

I might be interested. If I have the time I could join in. I still want to try the regular classic but the timezone is kinda hard to get some games played. 

• Like 1

Good idea. You can count me in.

• Like 1

Yo, ! I think it's time for my comeback ! :dal_skater_hand_grab:

What's the project ? NHL teams, or European teams (sort of Champions Hockey League) ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pearate said:

What's the project ? NHL teams, or European teams (sort of Champions Hockey League) ? 

I was thinking Classic, unedited ROM since it's probably most familiar to newcomers. Probably gonna put up a POLL to get input how to organize draft and which teams to use though.

5 hours ago, jmj said:

I was thinking Classic, unedited ROM since it's probably most familiar to newcomers. Probably gonna put up a POLL to get input how to organize draft and which teams to use though.

Ok, with the classic 94 Rosters, but, in my opinion, the "weight bug" must be fixed, and the the goalie button control must be added too...  

The others hacks can be discuss but this two are essential. 

What do you think ? 

1 hour ago, Pearate said:

Ok, with the classic 94 Rosters, but, in my opinion, the "weight bug" must be fixed, and the the goalie button control must be added too...  

The others hacks can be discuss but this two are essential. 

What do you think ? 

Would be interesting to play without weight bug. I'm personally so used to it & use it succesfully and have never even played Genesis / Mega Drive NHL94 without it. It's a big fix since it throws the balance upside down. 

Goalie control button I'll endorse totally. We were going to have that too on ongoing Plablegs season 2 but some players had problems with it & we had to discard it.

Let's run a poll for these things too.

For me, every bug that's in the game is integral part of the charm! 

Edited by jmj

6 minutes ago, jmj said:

Would be interesting to play without weight bug. I'm personally so used to it & use it succesfully and have never even played Genesis / Mega Drive NHL94 without it. It's a big fix since it throws the balance upside down. 

Goalie control button I'll endorse totally. We were going to have that too on ongoing Plablegs season 2 but some players had problems with it & we had to discard it.

Let's run a poll for these things too.

For me, every bug that's in the game is integral part of the charm! 

it's part of the charm, I admit, but a bug is a bug, and need to be fixed... :)

@IceCow

Maybe you could ask those couple of players to leave a msg in this thread, to confirm participation?

Still looking for a couple of players. I think 8 would be quite good to get the league running.

Ah, too bad but one of them is out and i just couldn`t get contact with the other one yet.
What about russians, czechs and so? I was checking NHL94 in their language with a translator but didn´t find much. But i think there could be a lot of potential players over there.