Sign in to follow this  
segathon

95 the year 2020

Recommended Posts

NHL 95 Aficionados

Start planning for Toronto 2020

 

NHL 95 Tribes (Tournaments) are held throughout the world.
For years the NHL 95ers were hidden as it was a taboo subject to say your preference was 95 rather than the famous 94 or the Blood and Fighting of 93.

But as these games are now 20 + years old the warring faction of NHL years have signed a truce and have united under the 16 bit Tent of NHL94.com

Now there is talk of a Tournament of Touraments of NHL 95 in Toronto August of year 2020.

We have assembled a map of Tribes historic Territories.  Stay tuned for more info.

Edited by segathon
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there the same divide between SNES and Genesis players with NHL95? Or would this tournament be purley Sega?

This should be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the tournies I know about are sega, but that is normally because other tournies find my page and reach out.  

It is really amazing that there are still groups in pockets of the world that still play retro games like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice!  I'd totally be down for a '95 tourney in Toronto 2020!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

95 for SNES was unbelievably bad. Never played the sega version though. 

@segathan lol...love that graphic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, halifax said:

95 for SNES was unbelievably bad. Never played the sega version though. 

@segathan lol...love that graphic!

You got 2 years to practice bud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingraph said:

You got 2 years to practice bud

I think I'd rather organize it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nhl 95 in Genesis tournament in Toronto ! I will be there for sure !! I think i play 2000 games between 1994 and 1996 ! See you there in 2020 !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should know this, but is there a 2v2 rom for NHL95?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2018 at 8:54 AM, Maitrefun said:

Nhl 95 in Genesis tournament in Toronto ! I will be there for sure !! I think i play 2000 games between 1994 and 1996 ! See you there in 2020 !

Impressive!

19 hours ago, jer_33 said:

I should know this, but is there a 2v2 rom for NHL95?

NHL 95 has 1 on 1, 1 on 2, and 2 on 2 as a feature in the game called JAM MODE.   It's pretty fun.

Between Season, Trades, and Create a player it had a ton of new features.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, segathon said:

Impressive!

NHL 95 has 1 on 1, 1 on 2, and 2 on 2 as a feature in the game called JAM MODE.   It's pretty fun.

Between Season, Trades, and Create a player it had a ton of new features.  

giphy.webp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jer_33 said:

I should know this, but is there a 2v2 rom for NHL95?

I'll create one by 2020 so we can GA in Toronto!  

Separately, I am wondering if Retroarch can be a viable option for '95 online play, as well as NBA Jam as those games desynch with GENS.  TBD.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kingraph said:

giphy.webp

NHL_95_Backart-3.png

It's a practice option in game, but those marketing wizards called it JAM mode.

Also what is this Retroarch witchcraft you speak of? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, segathon said:

 

It's a practice option in game, but those marketing wizards called it JAM mode.

Also what is this Retroarch witchcraft you speak of? 

I seriously thought you were joking.  The fact that '95 has an actual 2v2 built in makes me slightly jealous as this is my favorite '94 hacked mode.

NHL '95_000.png

NHL '95_001.png

 

Retroarch is a all-in-one emulator that we have been recently experimenting with and it's been pretty damn good!  Shout out to @chaosfor really putting in the work to push this along.  We've used in a few league games as well.  Since it's newer, it seems more stable that the old GENS emulators and I wonder if it can handle '95 and NBA Jam.  Check out all the details here:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/18460-retroarch-setup-guide/

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have a 99 Meme Skillz rating.

I need to check out that retroarch.  Once I get my last kid out of diapers I'm dusting off the usb controller and start online playing again.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be down for this tourney fellas

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mack said:

I'd be down for this tourney fellas

welcome back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think $3 bus ride to downtown is bit much for me .....count me out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kgman said:

I think $3 bus ride to downtown is bit much for me .....count me out!

I'll buy you a beer, call it even.  '94 side pots! (If allowed by @segathon)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 10:47 AM, segathon said:

NHL 95 Aficionados

Start planning for Toronto 2020

 

NHL 95 Tribes (Tournaments) are held throughout the world.
For years the NHL 95ers were hidden as it was a taboo subject to say your preference was 95 rather than the famous 94 or the Blood and Fighting of 93.

But as these games are now 20 + years old the warring faction of NHL years have signed a truce and have united under the 16 bit Tent of NHL94.com

Now there is talk of a Tournament of Touraments of NHL 95 in Toronto August of year 2020.

We have assembled a map of Tribes historic Territories.  Stay tuned for more info.

I'd do this!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online