NHL'94 Forums

Blitz Summer Season

OK, i want to gauge interest in a blitz league running during the summer. There are a couple options... Tell me what you'd be in for (you can pick both if you want)

1. Have the official Blitz Season 3 during the summer. Draft in the next couple weeks, then a full "A" and "B" season over the summer (june-aug, playoffs in sept). My concern here is that maybe a lot of the coaches would prefer to take the summer off and do summer stuff (like go outside).

2. Have a non-official Summer Season, where everyone picks new teams and we draft (either Blitz Season 1 style or GDL-style). When winter comes back, everything resets and we start the real Season 3.

And whatever ideas you guys may have....

Sounds risky, but are you intending to do it like with the Classic league?

I could go for the 1st idea. You could have made it into a poll, though.

The 1st way would be nice, but if I remember, season 1 started in the summer and and only a few were playing their games, so the league started over again in the fall. It looks like the 2nd idea would be more likely.

How about instead of holding a draft, you keep the teams intact? Then we should have it where coaches swap teams just for the summer (random selection or a draft of teams).

Better than the classic Fogarty/Beers?

Can't you guys just talk face to face instead of polluting the boards with filth like Beers and Fogarty ugh :D

Ya I'm down with starting a new season and seeing where we're at. At the least we can get the rom together with new rosters. IF preseason doesnt go well we just start it up with new rosters intact end of August.

thanks for the input, keep it coming...

just some thoughts...

Sounds risky, but are you intending to do it like with the Classic league?

huh? like what? The post already said how it would go. i don't know what aspect of classic you are talking about.

Definately not B, I would say at least do the draft now and see where were at

My hope with point B would be to get some new coaches interested in the summer who would bolster the ranks in the fall and ensure season 3 goes smoothly (it was really hard finding replacements this season, but that was partially my fault for making "A" 12 teams).

The 1st way would be nice, but if I remember, season 1 started in the summer and and only a few were playing their games, so the league started over again in the fall. It looks like the 2nd idea would be more likely.

How about instead of holding a draft, you keep the teams intact? Then we should have it where coaches swap teams just for the summer (random selection or a draft of teams).

This is my main worry, yes, that some people will disappear once the sun comes out or school ends or whatever.

There are always lots of other people active in the summer, but I don't want to kick out a fall/winter veterans just because they want to do other things during the summer.

Same teams would be kind of boring. Maybe I would make random teams :D (but approx equal skill level)

Ya I'm down with starting a new season and seeing where we're at. At the least we can get the rom together with new rosters. IF preseason doesnt go well we just start it up with new rosters intact end of August.

Hm, this sounds like an OK compromise, to just test it out and see if it's working... but if it doesn't work out, then it would suck extra to be a replacement coach in the fall because you don't get to draft your team to get some guys you like.

What I meant is that in Classic they got Spring and Fall seasons. I'd imagine you were going for that. And when I said risky is that some of the guys may want to rest and go DO-NOt-WANT on you; it happens.

What I meant is that in Classic they got Spring and Fall seasons. I'd imagine you were going for that.

Well, that is the whole point of the topic, to decide if that is what I want to do...... ...

(except in blitz i call it fall (sept-dec) and winter (jan-may))

I'm down for anything. Interest needs to pick up just a little during the summer.

Also, maybe fuse A and B together with balanced divisions.

Which is why I have this idea:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=10235

Let me know what you guys think. I'm still sorting how we can do this.

I'm down for anything. Interest needs to pick up just a little during the summer.

Also, maybe fuse A and B together with balanced divisions.

Which is why I have this idea:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=10235

Let me know what you guys think. I'm still sorting how we can do this.

Ummmmm Roleplaying game? Ya I'm pretty sure I'll be out of that 'competition'

C'mon, it'll be fun. I'll explain a bit in that thread.

The first Gens Capitalism League went in the Summer.

Some great stuff there...I'd probably go with a full season.

Maybe for people that are taking a season off (like me, I suppose...not like I think I'll be coming back in fall), half of our players can be lost to the draft and the other half can go "on loan" for the season.

Speaking of off-seasons metz, I've been training with countless shootouts getting my spin-o-rama and dekes pack and pretty tick-tack-toe passing plays back. My nine month off-season is about to end. Any room for new players this summer? :P