NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 05 - Final Night! Plus tomorrow.

smozoma

Officially, the season is supposed to end at midnight tonight, but I'll leave the upload page up until I actually get around to calculating the DNPs -- which will probably be some time tomorrow night. So, if you can get some extra games in before that, you'll beat the buzzer and avoid DNPs! I won't check the times on the games.

Hey

i must make an objection...

the game is for the fun but it's a competition with rules...

the deadline was the 10, and at this point i was in the 8th position and qualify for the playoffs...

so today i'am 9th and out...

so what do you think about that ?

Hey

the deadline was the 10, and at this point i was in the 8th position and qualify for the playoffs...

DEADLINES... the part that sucks is nobody even facking cares!

Hey

the games xdeath won to pass you in the playoff race were played the morning of 1/10, which is before the deadline, which was the end of the day (1/10). he got in fair and square.

Hey

This is a good point...

I was looking at it from a different view, thinking other people maybe weren't letting xdeaths play his games. Plus since I run the league I always want to see all the games played...

But you are right, at the actual deadline, you were in 8th.

What I think happened with the missing game was xdeaths thought pts% was the deciding factor so didn't upload the 2nd since he thought he was in, but since it's actually Pts, he needed to post the 2nd to actually qualify. So the funny situation is that the games were played and xdeaths was in 8th, but the 2nd game wasn't uploaded, so Pearate was in 8th!

How about... you both get in and play against each other in a pre-playoffs 7-game series to decide who gets 8th?

That way, you both get the playoff atmosphere, and both probably play more games than if you just played against the 1st seed (which tends to be a 4 or 5 game series unless Zachoke is playing).

I wonder if that will also be applicable in the near future for other leagues. Makes for some interesting games!

i've always been a big proponent of play-in series especially when it involves teams so close. It's much better then Dq'ing someone with a much better record because they couldnt get all their games in.

Only if each of the bigwigs will be okay with this idea. Maybe use it as an experiment for a next season.

i guess just the first game against rage was loaded yesterday, not sure why. anyway...

No, we played 1 game on Sunday, the 2nd game xdeath was hosting kept desynching, and he couldn't play later in the day, so we played the last game yesterday. So, he didn't take 8th place until he beat beavers yesterday.