NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 06 Playoffs!

smozoma

Playoffs ROM

Get the ROM from http://www.blitz94.com/downloads.asp

You MUST use the playoff ROM, since it has 99-minute overtime.

Making the Playoffs

The top 8 teams by points minus DNPs get in.

Seeding

Seeding is based on Power Rating. This usually matches the Pts% rankings, but if someone has a bunch of DNPs against tough coaches, their ranking might suffer (because they played an easy schedule).

Matchups

"A"

(1)Zalex vs (8)BoKnowsNHL94

(2)snoboarder3211 vs (7)Vocally Caged

(3)Icestorm NHL94 vs (6)KingRaph

(4)Freydey32 vs (5)canadiensfan66

"B"

(1)xdeathsbloodx vs (8)Pearate

(2)houly8 vs (7)eggink444

(3)kupuckNHL94 vs (6)hokkeefan2

(4)mcarthurbsu33 vs (5)dcicon5148*

Bold team gets home advantage due to having more points or winning the tie-breaker.

*Tie-breakers as in the NHL:

- fewer GP (ie Pts% -- wow, nhl.com actually uses the term Points Percentage now.. they're copying Blitz!!)

- most wins (including OTW)

- series points winner

- goal for/against ratio (rather than difference)

Home/Away Advantage

The team with more Points gets home ice advantage. The pattern is HHAAHAH.

Upload the Games in the Order Played

Please upload the games in the same order you play them so they show up in the correct order on the website

Desynchs

There are lots of different desynch scenarios, so I leave it up to you to resolve the problem.

However, don't forget about the Game Stitcher program that let's you preserve your stats from the original game AND the resumed game.

To use the game stitcher:

1. When you desynch, make a save-state of the game (F5 key). note the score and time remaining.
  2. start a new game.
  3. score goals to recreate the old score.
  4. wait until about the time it was when it desynched before.
  5. make a save state (like a reference point...) (F5 key). don't forget to change your save slot (F6 key)...
  6. play for real!
  7. make another save state at the end of the game (don't forget to change your save slot using the F6 key)
  8. run the game stitcher program in the directory with your save-states
  9. follow the instructions (copy/paste the file names into the program, enter an output file name)
  10. upload the output to the site!

Or, just do whatever you usually do.

If you are a lazy bum and don't want to use the stitcher, and the game desynched late (like in the 3rd period), then the best way to do it is like this:

1. take a save of the desynched game
  2. start a new game and do whatever it is you want to do to finish the game (maybe you play the 1st period as though it's the 3rd)
  3. finish the game and figure out who won..
  4. whoever has the ORIGINAL save, load it in the emulator and sim the remaining goals and finish the the game and make a new save
  5. upload this save, since it has 2 period of real play and 1 simmed period (better than simming the whole game, or simming 2 periods then playing the 3rd)

Game Recording

Feel free to record your game using the "Record Game" checkbox in Netplay and send me the .krec files. I doubt I'll convert all of them to put them on youtube/wegame/vimeo, so maybe tell me which game is the most exciting or hilarious. I'll try to do at least one game from each series, plus all games from the finals.

Schedule

See the Results or Upload Game pages.

(unfortunately, the way the site is programmed, I can't have regular season and playoffs running at the same time, so I'll have to switch the site mode back and forth.. contact me if it's in the wrong mode and you can't upload your game)

BLITZ 6 "B" LG PLAYOFF PREDICKTION

ROUND 1.

#1 Ottawa Senators [xdeathbloodx] vs #8 Boston Bruins (Pearate)

Regular Season Series 4-0 Ott

OTTAWA WINS SERIES 4-1

The Ottawa Senators have had an awesome season winning the regular season by a very slim 0.5 pt margin over Houly's Sharks. Look out for plenty of offense from the Sens Thomas Sandstrom and Brian Bellows who both hit the 100 pt mark during the season. The Boston Bruins have a talented coach in Pearate, but have struggled to match up against heavy teams with offense during the season, Ottawa wins series in 5 4-1.

#2 San Jose Sharks [houly] vs #7 Winnipeg Jets [Eggink]

Regular Season Series 2-2

SAN JOSE WINS SERIES 4-2

The best defensive team in the league will be matched up against the leagues top offense in what may be a very tough to call series. WPGs defensive power cannot be disputed as Essensa leads the lgs goaltending with GAA with Iafrate, Samuelsson and Andrechyuk all recording over 200 hits each on the season and not to mention the big boys on the wings with Stevens and Leclair. Pavel Bure has set the Blitz B record for most goals in a season and has recorded an incredible 190 pts with Damphousse (103 pts). Zalapsky has 270+ and Samuelsson (the Ulf Samuelsson) has over 300 checks! This series should be physical, and who ever can have their offense going will win. Prediction SJ in 6 4-2.

#3 Quebec Nordicks [kupuck] vs #6 Vancouver Canucks [hokkee]

QUEBEC WINS SERIES 4-3

Both teams have had their high and low points during the Blitz 6 regular season and matched up well with splitting their 4 games evenly. Coach Hokkeefan will have the playoff experience and previous success on his side, but will need to have Modano and Robitaille connecting to match the offense of Brett Hull and Pat Lafontaine. Coach kupuck has had one of his best regular seasons has of recent, but may fall short in a long series to Vancouver. Prediction VAN in 7 4-3.

#4 New Jersey Devils [beaver33] vs #5 Los Angeles Kings [dcicon]

Regular Season series 2-2

LOS ANGELES WINS 4-0

Coach Macarthur and Dcicon have both been not as active during the Blitz 6 season has they have been during previous nhl94 leagues. the LA Kings have momentum behind them, jumping two playoff spots during their last series with WPG to escape facing the SJ Sharks in the first round. The Devils are loaded with Bourque and Macinnis on the blueline, but they will have to work with Larmer to generate the offense to beat Gilmour, Ciccarelli, and Coffey. Coach Dcicon should be excited and ready to defend his Blitz title - LA wins 4-3 in 7.

Edited by kupuck19

I changed the site so the "A" players can upload their regular season games and the "B" players can upload their playoff games.

The "Playoffs" page will still default to season 5, though, so you need to select season 6 from the dropdown to see the results.

BLITZ 6 "B" LG PLAYOFF PREDICKTION

ROUND 1.

#1 Ottawa Senators [xdeathbloodx] vs #8 Boston Bruins (Pearate)

Regular Season Series 4-0 Ott

The Ottawa Senators have had an awesome season winning the regular season by a very slim 0.5 pt margin over Houly's Sharks. Look out for plenty of offense from the Sens Thomas Sandstrom and Brian Bellows who both hit the 100 pt mark during the season. The Boston Bruins have a talented coach in Pearate, but have struggled to match up against heavy teams with offense during the season, Ottawa wins series in 5 4-1.

#2 San Jose Sharks [houly] vs #7 Winnipeg Jets [Eggink]

The best defensive team in the league will be matched up against the leagues top offense in what may be a very tough to call series. WPGs defensive power cannot be disputed as Essensa leads the lgs goaltending with GAA with Iafrate, Samuelsson and Andrechyuk all recording over 200 hits each on the season and not to mention the big boys on the wings with Stevens and Leclair. Pavel Bure has set the Blitz B record for most goals in a season and has recorded an incredible 190 pts with Damphousse (103 pts). Zalapsky has 270+ and Samuelsson (the Ulf Samuelsson) has over 300 checks! This series should be physical, and who ever can have their offense going will win. Prediction SJ in 6 4-2.

#3 Quebec Nordicks [kupuck] vs #6 Vancouver Canucks [hokkee]

Both teams have had their high and low points during the Blitz 6 regular season and matched up well with splitting their 4 games evenly. Coach Hokkeefan will have the playoff experience and previous success on his side, but will need to have Modano and Robitaille connecting to match the offense of Brett Hull and Pat Lafontaine. Coach kupuck has had one of his best regular seasons has of recent, but may fall short in a long series to Vancouver. Prediction VAN in 7 4-3.

#4 New Jersey Devils [beaver33] vs #5 Los Angeles Kings [dcicon]

Regular Season series 2-2

Coach Macarthur and Dcicon have both been not as active during the Blitz 6 season has they have been during previous nhl94 leagues. the LA Kings have momentum behind them, jumping two playoff spots during their last series with WPG to escape facing the SJ Sharks in the first round. The Devils are loaded with Bourque and Macinnis on the blueline, but they will have to work with Larmer to generate the offense to beat Gilmour, Ciccarelli, and Coffey. Coach Dcicon should be excited and ready to defend his Blitz title - LA wins 4-3 in 7.

Kupuck, that is awesome work! lol

(P.S. Way to play down Quebec's chances. Hull has been an absolute beast!.........What a difference a weight bug fix makes!)

so I just have one issue to bring up it wound up not costing me the game but the 99:59 OT might not be the best way to do this, in my game 5 Sandstrom got hurt for the period in OT and thats kind of crippling and also isnt it conceivably possible for say all 4 D men get hurt?

However, don't forget about the Game Stitcher program that let's you preserve your stats from the original game AND the resumed game.

[*]When you desynch, make a save-state of the game (F5 key). note the score and time remaining.

[*]start a new game.

[*]score goals to recreate the old score.

[*]wait until about the time it was when it desynched before.

[*]make a save state (like a reference point...) (F5 key). don't forget to change your save slot (F6 key)...

[*]play for real!

[*]make another save state at the end of the game (don't forget to change your save slot using the F6 key)

[*]run the game stitcher program in the directory with your save-states

[*]follow the instructions (copy/paste the file names into the program, enter an output file name)

[*]upload the output to the site!

I have used the stitcher program a few times this regular season and it works great. Easy to use. I recommend everyone uses it!

Feel free to record your game using the "Record Game" checkbox in Netplay and send me the .krec files. I doubt I'll convert all of them to put them on youtube/wegame/vimeo, so maybe tell me which game is the most exciting or hilarious. I'll try to do at least one game from each series, plus all games from the finals.

I'll be happy to help convert the krec files to videos --- just send them my way. :)

so I just have one issue to bring up it wound up not costing me the game but the 99:59 OT might not be the best way to do this, in my game 5 Sandstrom got hurt for the period in OT and thats kind of crippling and also isnt it conceivably possible for say all 4 D men get hurt?

So few OT games go more than 5 minutes, that I don't see it as a big deal. There's a penalty on the play, too, so there's a 40+% chance that a goal will be scored in the next 2 minutes.

Mainly, there is no way to get around this currently. I haven't made an infinite overtime hack, and if people restart the game, it messes up the stats.

If your D get hurt, it will start taking forwards and putting them on D, but again the chances of the game going that long with all those penalties is pretty low.

So few OT games go more than 5 minutes, that I don't see it as a big deal. There's a penalty on the play, too, so there's a 40+% chance that a goal will be scored in the next 2 minutes.

Mainly, there is no way to get around this currently. I haven't made an infinite overtime hack, and if people restart the game, it messes up the stats.

If your D get hurt, it will start taking forwards and putting them on D, but again the chances of the game going that long with all those penalties is pretty low.

Yeah, there really isn't a perfect way to do it. I think the current way totally works 95% of the time with that one game falling into the 5%.

thats true that the scenario I brought up was highly unlikely but just throwing it out there. Couldnt we go thru the Playoff Draws in NOSE and set up all the playoff matchups and play on the best-of-7 playoffs mode? (tho i do vaguely remember trying to do this with my bro a few years back and it glitching out after 1 game when playing online)

Edited by xdeathsbloodx

thats true that the scenario I brought up was highly unlikely but just throwing it out there. Couldnt we go thru the Playoff Draws in NOSE and set up all the playoff matchups and play on the best-of-7 playoffs mode? (tho i do vaguely remember trying to do this with my bro a few years back and it glitching out after 1 game when playing online)

I tried this last season, but it didn't work for some reason. You could only play one game.

Hmm..... but.. maybe one game is fine, if it does the OT correctly... I'll have to try it out later tonight to see if a 5 period game uploads correctly... could be hard to find the correct home/away matchup, though (it doesn't say who's home/away in playoffs until you start the game)

Playoffs ROM

Making the Playoffs

Seeding

Seeding is based on Power Rating. This usually matches the Pts% rankings, but if someone has a bunch of DNPs against tough coaches, their ranking might suffer (because they played an easy schedule).

Matchups

"A"

(1)Zalex vs (8)BoKnows

(2)Carse vs (7)Vocally Caged

(3)Freydey vs (5)HABS

"B"

Bold team gets home advantage due to having more points or winning the tie-breaker.

- fewer GP (ie Pts% -- wow, nhl.com actually uses the term Points Percentage now.. they're copying Blitz!!)

- series points winner

Home/Away Advantage

Please upload the games in the same order you play them so they show up in the correct order on the website

Desynchs

There are lots of different desynch scenarios, so I leave it up to you to resolve the problem.

1. When you desynch, make a save-state of the game (F5 key). note the score and time remaining.
  2. start a new game.
  5. make a save state (like a reference point...) (F5 key). don't forget to change your save slot (F6 key)...
  6. play for real!
  7. make another save state at the end of the game (don't forget to change your save slot using the F6 key)
  9. follow the instructions (copy/paste the file names into the program, enter an output file name)

If you are a lazy bum and don't want to use the stitcher, and the game desynched late (like in the 3rd period), then the best way to do it is like this:

2. start a new game and do whatever it is you want to do to finish the game (maybe you play the 1st period as though it's the 3rd)
  4. whoever has the ORIGINAL save, load it in the emulator and sim the remaining goals and finish the the game and make a new save
  5. upload this save, since it has 2 period of real play and 1 simmed period (better than simming the whole game, or simming 2 periods then playing the 3rd)

Game Recording

Schedule

(unfortunately, the way the site is programmed, I can't have regular season and playoffs running at the same time, so I'll have to switch the site mode back and forth.. contact me if it's in the wrong mode and you can't upload your

Edited by Carse

Playoffs ROM

Making the Playoffs

Seeding

Matchups

"A"

(1)Zalex vs (8)BoKnows

(2)Carse vs (7)Vocally Caged

(3)Icestorm vs (6)KinGraph

(4)Freydey vs (5)HABS

"B"

- series points winner

Home/Away Advantage

Desynchs

2. start a new game.
  6. play for real!

Game Recording

Schedule

(unfortunately, the way the site is programmed, I can't have regular season and playoffs running at the same time, so I'll have to switch the site mode back and forth.. contact me if it's in the wrong mode and you can't upload your game)

Edited by Carse

BLITZ ROUND 2 B PLAYOFF PREDICKTIONS

(1) Ottawa Senators xDeathsBloodx vs (5) Los Angeles Kings (Dcicon)

Regular Season Series 3-1 Ottawa

OTT WINS SERIES 4-3

In round one of the playoffs both teams breezed by their opponents. Dino Ciccerelli and Doug Gilmour have found full stride both averaging almost 4 pts/gm. Thomas Sandstroms and Brian Bellows will need to match the momentum the Kings offense has coming into the second round. the Senators have proven their worth for the #1 spot throughout the season, but none the less will be a very intense and close matchup as coach dcicon is out to defend his title from season 5. Kudamus' prediction LA Kings pull it off in a down to the wire 7 game series.

(2) San Jose Sharks Houlanov vs (3) Queerbec Nordicks Kupuck

Regular Season Series 4-0 San Jose

SJ WINS SERIES 4-2

Pavel Bure (4.667 pts/gm) and Vincent Damphousse (3.667) continue to lead Blitz 6 from Regular Season into the playoffs blowing back in a 4 game streak over the Winnipeg Jets in a 6 game series. The Quebec Nordicks saw hokkeefan and his Canucks in a very close seven game series. The Quebec Nordiques must find a way to get behind the walls of Samuellson and Zalapaski while keeping the top scoring line of the playoffs and regular season off the board. Hull and Lafontaine must keep pace with the fast offense of SJ. KUDamus says - San Jose in 6.

Edited by kupuck19

BLITZ ROUND 2 B PLAYOFF PREDICKTIONS

(1) Ottawa Senators xDeathsBloodx vs (5) Los Angeles Kings (Dcicon)

Regular Season Series 3-1 Ottawa

In round one of the playoffs both teams breezed by their opponents. Dino Ciccerelli and Doug Gilmour have found full stride both averaging almost 4 pts/gm. Thomas Sandstroms and Brian Bellows will need to match the momentum the Kings offense has coming into the second round. the Senators have proven their worth for the #1 spot throughout the season, but none the less will be a very intense and close matchup as coach dcicon is out to defend his title from season 5. Kudamus' prediction LA Kings pull it off in a down to the wire 7 game series.

(2) San Jose Sharks Houlanov vs (3) Queerbec Nordicks Kupuck

Regular Season Series 4-0 San Jose

Pavel Bure (4.667 pts/gm) and Vincent Damphousse (3.667) continue to lead Blitz 6 from Regular Season into the playoffs blowing back in a 4 game streak over the Winnipeg Jets in a 6 game series. The Quebec Nordicks saw hokkeefan and his Canucks in a very close seven game series. The Quebec Nordiques must find a way to get behind the walls of Samuellson and Zalapaski while keeping the top scoring line of the playoffs and regular season off the board. Hull and Lafontaine must keep pace with the fast offense of SJ. KUDamus says - San Jose in 6.

very nice!

I predicted: ott in 6 and SJ in 5

B League - Blitz Stanley Cup Final Predicktion

OTTAWA SENATORS (XDBX) VS SAN JOSE SHARKS (HOULY)

REGULAR SEASON SERIES 2-2

SAN JOSE SHARKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP IN A 4-2 SERIES

While Bure and Damphousse lead the way in the Blitz B playoffs with over 100+ points between the two of them in 12 games they will face a huge challenge with the Ottawa Senators. Thomas Sandstrom (2.5 pts/gm) and Brian Bellows (1.7 pts/gm) have had a more modest post-season eliminating the defending champ Dcicon in a tight 7 game series. If the Ottawa Senators can continue their momentum, they can respond to the fast offense and momentum of Bure Olyzck and Damphousse and beat the San Jose Sharks in 7 games. While Houly's had a breakout season with great success - I see an upset coming: Final Predicktion - OTT in 7.

Edited by kupuck19

B League - Blitz Stanley Cup Final Predicktion

OTTAWA SENATORS (XDBX) VS SAN JOSE SHARKS (HOULY)

REGULAR SEASON SERIES 2-2

While Bure and Damphousse lead the way in the Blitz B playoffs with over 100+ points between the two of them in 12 games they will face a huge challenge with the Ottawa Senators. Thomas Sandstrom (2.5 pts/gm) and Brian Bellows (1.7 pts/gm) have had a more modest post-season eliminating the defending champ Dcicon in a tight 7 game series. If the Ottawa Senators can continue their momentum, they can respond to the fast offense and momentum of Bure Olyzck and Damphousse and beat the San Jose Sharks in 7 games. While Houly's had a breakout season with great success - I see an upset coming: Final Predicktion - OTT in 7.

unless there is another houly choke I'll go with SJ in 6.

I did it! FINALLY!!! the 1st stanley cup!

congrats to deathblood for the president trophy and a great stanley cup final!

New Records for Pavel Bure!

season 44gms 151 goals 39 assists 190 pts

playoffs 18gms 62 goals 19 assists 81 pts

congrats and thanks houli, it was a great series, pivotal game 4 that likely was the difference maker, I have the krecs for the games but dont know how to convert them, things dont seem right on my emulator to do what the instructions say so smoz let me know how to get them over to you if you would like them

congrats and thanks houli, it was a great series, pivotal game 4 that likely was the difference maker, I have the krecs for the games but dont know how to convert them, things dont seem right on my emulator to do what the instructions say so smoz let me know how to get them over to you if you would like them

i can do game videos if you would like.