NHL'94 Forums

A Classic Season crazy wager

RedWingDevil

I've been having this hump that doesn't let me play NHL 94 with the same drive I once had and I think it's time for me to change this s**t I've been carrying for a few months now. This is an idea I've been mulling over for the next few weeks now and I think I know what to do with this.

Basically, I'll make this crazy and inverted wager: If I manage to win a Classic Season in either console (Pretty likely the SNES console version), I'm gonna use a bad team to defend the title on the following season (The Fall season) and complete that season with the team chosen. If I make the playoffs with that team, that's gonna be quite a bonus considering that barely anyone on the community uses any of those teams.

And the 'lucky' team that shall get chosen for this ordeal is....

*Insert dramatic drumroll sound file here*

THE OTTAWA SENATORS!!!

Yes, that's right. If I win a Classic Season, I'm gonna use the Senators for the following season. Here's a little something that shall make this more interesting: If by some hideous twist of fate I don't complete a 40-game season for this Spring, the GMs reserve the right to make me carry the cross by assigning me a sub-par or bad, BAD team for that following season as punishment and they'll be on my ass until I complete the season with that team they've chosen. No cop-outs, no excuses, nothing. You can use me as an example if you so wish.

What do you think of this idea?

This is an interesting idea but you trying to prove what?

you are already a sore loser with a good team, so imagine with the senators...and I hope that you will end your season if you join this league.

peace! :)

Im so glad of your choice, it's gonna change my life forever. Props

Not that you needed that kind of help, Freydey, but thanks. :lol:

Still remember when I used San Jose a few seasons back.

Edited by RedWingDevil

I know it's crazy, but I needed something nutty and unexpected to give me a jolt even though it can bite me on the ass later.

It may actually be crazy enough to work! I need to do this for the lulz and because someone had to fill the crazy quota on this community. This time, I'll do this for fun!

Pick any team you want. Just don't go hang up yourself after you'll have lost 5 straight with the sens.

Houli is right "you are already a sore loser with a good team, so imagine with the senators"

Good luck RWD especially in SNES because I think there's too many really good players already (though you are one of them for sure). I already know that my dream of winning an SNES A title with the Edmonton Oilers doesn't stand even a 10% chance with the current pool of players. :P

Only the player with the most wins according to All-Time User Standings (http://nhl94online.com/html/allstats.php?sort=wind) could make such a craaazzy wager.

I am amazed RedWingDevil has 362 wins, and next closest is fenty62 with 266. That's a huge difference.

Only the player with the most wins according to All-Time User Standings (http://nhl94online.com/html/allstats.php?sort=wind) could make such a craaazzy wager.

I am amazed RedWingDevil has 362 wins, and next closest is fenty62 with 266. That's a huge difference.

He also has the most losses. 77 more than the next guy.