NHL'94 Forums

GDL 9 - Draft Order

DaDonch44

You can find the complete Draft Order here: Draft Order

Available Player List is here: Available Players

I will be creating a Draft Schedule, but I plan on starting in a couple of days (Thursday or Friday). That way everyone will be aware and make themselves available.

awesome

one suggestion: when sorting on a particular attribute on teh available players, add the overall as the second sorted thing, because when I sort on speed, it gives me this order:

Ovr Player

90 Pavel Bure

73 Russ Courtnall

78 Peter Bondra

90 Teemu Selanne

96 Alexander Mogilny

Oh and sort weight as ASC, because lower is better!

And one more.. there is no "Rgh" stat. Someone figured out that it is actually "shooting bias" -- a higher value there means under AI control the player shoots more (or a lower value means he passes more). Maybe call it ShB? It's been refered to on the forums a lot as Passing Bias, since that's the name that person originally gave to it, but it makes more sense as Shooting Bias.

Also if you try to sort by Defensive Awareness it gives an error:

[b][b]Warning[/b]: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [b]C:\xampp\htdocs\GDLDraft\AllPlayers.php[/b] on line [b]44[/b][/b]

awesome

one suggestion: when sorting on a particular attribute on teh available players, add the overall as the second sorted thing, because when I sort on speed, it gives me this order:

Ovr Player

90 Pavel Bure

73 Russ Courtnall

78 Peter Bondra

90 Teemu Selanne

96 Alexander Mogilny

Oh and sort weight as ASC, because lower is better!

And one more.. there is no "Rgh" stat. Someone figured out that it is actually "shooting bias" -- a higher value there means under AI control the player shoots more (or a lower value means he passes more). Maybe call it ShB? It's been refered to on the forums a lot as Passing Bias, since that's the name that person originally gave to it, but it makes more sense as Shooting Bias.

Thanks Smozoma, that's why I keep you on the payroll. ;) All of these should be up and working now. :) Let me know if you find anymore.

Also if you try to sort by Defensive Awareness it gives an error:

[b][b]Warning[/b]: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [b]C:\xampp\htdocs\GDLDraft\AllPlayers.php[/b] on line [b]44[/b][/b]

Thanks Bo... one letter in the code was different and the whole thing screws up. :)

Jay has a point, a Lefty/Righty column would be nice, rather than having to remember the even/odd clue.

I also just had an idea, that could also go on the blitz draft site: colour the rows differently based on the player's position.

Jay has a point, a Lefty/Righty column would be nice, rather than having to remember the even/odd clue.

I also just had an idea, that could also go on the blitz draft site: colour the rows differently based on the player's position.

I had it print out L/R instead of the number.

I'll work on different colors rows in the morning.

It'd be coo if you could click on the players to bring up their player card like on swos's old site. that was nice for easily comparing 2 guys

I changed the player names to links so they create new tabs in your browser with just that player's row of stats. Kinda bulky, tomorrow I'll try to throw a javascript snippet in there to create a sized down pop up window with the player's stats.

I had it print out L/R instead of the number.

I'll work on different colors rows in the morning.

I changed the player names to links so they create new tabs in your browser with just that player's row of stats. Kinda bulky, tomorrow I'll try to throw a javascript snippet in there to create a sized down pop up window with the player's stats.

Looks good either way! Is there anywhere we can find the #s tied to handedness? Idk if smoz has disproved this theory or not, but some of us still think that the variation of the # has importance aside from just odd = righty even = lefty

Looks good either way! Is there anywhere we can find the #s tied to handedness? Idk if smoz has disproved this theory or not, but some of us still think that the variation of the # has importance aside from just odd = righty even = lefty

I put it so both show up... 3 ( R )

In 93, the H/F rating is used for handedness and for "hit points" in a fight -- higher H/F means you can take more punches.

Whether it affects anything else in the game, I don't know.