NHL'94 Forums

Calling all EURO players for possible EURO league!

jmj

Been enjoying very low ping while throwing exis with IceCow. So I came up with an idea to organize Classic '94 EURO league online. I only know a few NHL '94 players from the forums located in the old continent (Darko, IceCow, Depch), thus here I am inquiring for all potential players. IceCow might have a couple of players interested and I have maybe 2-5 friends who could play. 

Let me know, if you know potential players from Europe, and I'll update the post accordingly and reach out to those mentioned. Also need to get in touch with league / site admins what it takes and if it's possible to use the site for this new league. If you are new to online NHL 94 gaming, it doesn't matter! More experienced players could draft their teams last.

Confirmed
Darko (France)
Flanders / SunPhinx (Finland)
IceCow (Germany)
jmj (Finland)
KurtVogel / Vestu (Finland)
PeaRate (France)
Meka (Finland)
Jwebber64 (Taiwan)
Murjaani (Finland)

Maybe
MrSandman

Reached out, not confirmed
swos
floating
nahkahomo

Not participating
Depch

... MORE TO COME - let's see how many players we can get

LET'S AIM TO START THE LEAGUE IN APRIL 2018

EURO94 channel, plz join https://discord.gg/2AU9Ewe

Edited by jmj
  • Like 3

Well i would join anyway and like JMJ already said i may have 2 other potential players. And yeah, short pings are nice nice but more important for euro gamers could be the not existing big time differences..............

Thanks!

I just sent DM to those inactive players mentioned since they are not on Discord. Pearate & Darko I've played & they are also on Discord.

Edited by jmj

3 hours ago, Pearate said:

What's the project ? NHL teams, or European teams (sort of Champions Hockey League) ? 

I was thinking Classic, unedited ROM since it's probably most familiar to newcomers. Probably gonna put up a POLL to get input how to organize draft and which teams to use though.

5 hours ago, jmj said:

I was thinking Classic, unedited ROM since it's probably most familiar to newcomers. Probably gonna put up a POLL to get input how to organize draft and which teams to use though.

Ok, with the classic 94 Rosters, but, in my opinion, the "weight bug" must be fixed, and the the goalie button control must be added too...  

The others hacks can be discuss but this two are essential. 

What do you think ? 

1 hour ago, Pearate said:

Ok, with the classic 94 Rosters, but, in my opinion, the "weight bug" must be fixed, and the the goalie button control must be added too...  

The others hacks can be discuss but this two are essential. 

What do you think ? 

Would be interesting to play without weight bug. I'm personally so used to it & use it succesfully and have never even played Genesis / Mega Drive NHL94 without it. It's a big fix since it throws the balance upside down. 

Goalie control button I'll endorse totally. We were going to have that too on ongoing Plablegs season 2 but some players had problems with it & we had to discard it.

Let's run a poll for these things too.

For me, every bug that's in the game is integral part of the charm! 

Edited by jmj

6 minutes ago, jmj said:

Would be interesting to play without weight bug. I'm personally so used to it & use it succesfully and have never even played Genesis / Mega Drive NHL94 without it. It's a big fix since it throws the balance upside down. 

Goalie control button I'll endorse totally. We were going to have that too on ongoing Plablegs season 2 but some players had problems with it & we had to discard it.

Let's run a poll for these things too.

For me, every bug that's in the game is integral part of the charm! 

it's part of the charm, I admit, but a bug is a bug, and need to be fixed... :)

@IceCow

Maybe you could ask those couple of players to leave a msg in this thread, to confirm participation?

Still looking for a couple of players. I think 8 would be quite good to get the league running.

Ah, too bad but one of them is out and i just couldn`t get contact with the other one yet.
What about russians, czechs and so? I was checking NHL94 in their language with a translator but didn´t find much. But i think there could be a lot of potential players over there.

Update: we have 6 confirmed and 1 maybe. Looking forward to fill the 8th slot, that'd be good amount for a league I think.

@Jwebber64 let's have a exi soon. If the ping is alright and you're willing to dedicate yourself for european timezone, then it's all good.

Hi.

I might be interested. I've never actually played online, but i suppose that would work if someone helped me a little. I suck with computers and i suck on gaming, but i love the early nhl games.

4 hours ago, Meka said:

Hi.

I might be interested. I've never actually played online, but i suppose that would work if someone helped me a little. I suck with computers and i suck on gaming, but i love the early nhl games.

Fellow newcomer posted this link on Discord the other day: 

Check it out 

Ok, had a few testgames with Jwebber64 and i seem to have some problems with gameplay. Very laggy and i can't host at all. I used the gens downloaded from the nhl94.com downloads section 'cos it works better on singleplay than the gens on nhl94online.com. I don't know are those emulators different versions, but i'm gonna try that other one next and see if it works better on netplay. It's graphics are a mess but going fullscreen helps. Also my controller works superfast on the menus, but is ok on the actual gameplay. If it works fine on netplay, i'm really intrerested on the league.

1 hour ago, Meka said:

Ok, had a few testgames with Jwebber64 and i seem to have some problems with gameplay. Very laggy and i can't host at all. I used the gens downloaded from the nhl94.com downloads section 'cos it works better on singleplay than the gens on nhl94online.com. I don't know are those emulators different versions, but i'm gonna try that other one next and see if it works better on netplay. It's graphics are a mess but going fullscreen helps. Also my controller works superfast on the menus, but is ok on the actual gameplay. If it works fine on netplay, i'm really intrerested on the league.

The lag could be to WiFi on either end.  If you were both plugged in, should be smoother.  Unless it was just high ping (distance).  Depends on the type of lag you are experiencing.  

I am guessing your controller is super fast on the mene because the buttons for player 01 and player 02 are mapped to the same controller.  I suggest remapping player 02 to the keyboard.  

Good luck, hope that helps!

Yeah using different emu version didn't work, it was actually worse. The problem is propably on my internet connection. I'll try to figure that out.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like we have settled for "Gens Default NHL '94 "No Hassle" modification with 99 min overtime". You can find the ROM attached. Thanks to @seamor for modifying the OT for the rom.

Now I'm waiting for @Pearate and @MrSandman to confirm they are still in. Then we can proceed to team selection.

NoHassle99MinuteOT.bin

Edited by jmj