NHL'94 Forums

2023 Bud of the Year

halifax

It's time again to vote for Bud of the Year.

Rank your top 3 people who have done the most for the community and represent the community in a positive way over the last 12 months. 

>>>>>>  https://forms.gle/Lwwoe2Jk5MY2MErs9 <<<<<<

Voting closes December 31st!

Previous Winners

2009 - @smozoma(1)

2010 - @smozoma (2)

2011 - @smozoma (3) and @dan_lizhot

2012 - @smozoma (4) and @DaDonch44

2013 - @kingraph

2014 - @chaos (1)

2015 - @McMikey

2016 - @angryjay93

2017 - @slapshot67

2018 - @chaos (2)

2019 - @chaos (3)

2020 - @smozoma (5)

2021 - @UltraMagnus

2022- @Tickenest

I'll second @Drezz for sharing my new favourite hack of the menu backgrounds.

But I'll have to give my nod of appreciation to @AdamCatalyst for all of his other tutorials that have become an invaluable resource for literally everything else.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 12:36 PM, von Ozbourne said:

I'll second @Drezz for sharing my new favourite hack of the menu backgrounds.

But I'll have to give my nod of appreciation to @AdamCatalyst for all of his other tutorials that have become an invaluable resource for literally everything else.

I feel very uncomfortable when people say kind things about me, so I will just say "thank-you."

If I were handing out personal awards, I'd nominate @von Ozbourne for making me feel less crazy, and always being willing to help me try to figure out a vexxing problem. 

As for the official "bud of the year" I wish I could nominate all the Modders on the site. This past year has been *so* enjoyable, with folks like @Jkline3 sharing data he spent countless hours manually scraping from the web, @Drezz sharing a huge amount of sprite work with me, so that I didn't have to duplicate the effort for myself, @von Ozbourne sharing anything I ever ask for, and others who's name elude me at the moment. It's been a remarkably enjoyable year to mod '94, with an open collaborative spirit of sharing and support, and so many utterly fantastic mods, from @Sean's epic NCAA project, @Jkline3 & @von Ozbourne's fun Reverse Retro collaboration, @Drezz's immersive HNIC 1991 experience, and so many more. And I haven't even touched on all the breakthroughs that people have shared. I've only been around here a couple years, but from a modders perspective, this past year was *very* different from the year before because of all these fine folks sharing so much with eachother.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

On 12/18/2023 at 4:32 PM, AdamCatalyst said:

And I haven't even touched on all the breakthroughs that people have shared. I've only been around here a couple years, but from a modders perspective, this past year was *very* different from the year before because of all these fine folks sharing so much with eachother.

061217_time_vlrg_7a.webp

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

58 people voted for Bud of the Year.

Congrats to @chaos 11-5-6 = 49 points

and @angryjay93 8-10-5 = 49 points

2023 Co-buds of the year!

• Love 1
  • Like 1