NHL'94 Forums

Active NHL/professional hockey players list

halifax

Did a bit more research and found some more players from NHL94 still active in professional hockey. I missed a few from the NHL. As well found some who've been out of the NHL for some time. I used hockeydb.com as a reference for most of these guys.

Joseph Beranek - Slavia Praha HC Czech

Ed Courtenay - Belfast Giants EIHL

Mike Craig - Klagenfurt AC Aust

Martin Gelinas - Nashville

Bill Guerin - NY Islanders

Roman Hamrlik - Montreal

Bret Hedican - Carolina

Mike Keane – Manitoba AHL

Igor Korolev - Magnitogorsk Metallurg Russia

Andrei Kovalenko - Cherepovets Severstal Russia

Dmitri Kvartalnov - Khimik Voskresensk Vysshaya Liga (RUS-2)

Janne Ojanen - Tappara Tampere FNL

Sandis Ozolinsh - Worcester Sharks AHL/San Jose Sharks

Robert Petrovicky - Vitkovice HC (Czech)

Adrien Plavsic - Basel Swiss-A

Robert Reichel - Litvinov CHP HC – Czech

Luke Richardson - Ottawa

Mike Sillinger - NY Islanders

Tommy Sjodin Brynas IF Gavle SEL

Jiri Slegr - Litvinov CHP HC Czech

Igor Ulanov - Yaroslavl Lokomotiv Russia

Jim Waite - Ingolstadt ERC DEL

Eric Weinrich - Portland AHL

Dmitri Yushkevich - Cherepovets Severstal Russia

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang.. i was SO sure the Luke Richardson on the Sens had to be a new Luke Richardson.. But it's the old one!

Did a bit more research and found some more players from NHL94 still active in professional hockey. I missed a few from the NHL. As well found some who've been out of the NHL for some time. I used hockeydb.com as a reference for most of these guys.

Joseph Beranek - Slavia Praha HC Czech

Ed Courtenay - Belfast Giants EIHL

Mike Craig - Klagenfurt AC Aust

Martin Gelinas - Nashville

Bill Guerin - NY Islanders

Roman Hamrlik - Montreal

Bret Hedican - Carolina

Mike Keane – Manitoba AHL

Igor Korolev - Magnitogorsk Metallurg Russia

Andrei Kovalenko - Cherepovets Severstal Russia

Dmitri Kvartalnov - Khimik Voskresensk Vysshaya Liga (RUS-2)

Janne Ojanen - Tappara Tampere FNL

Sandis Ozolinsh - Worcester Sharks AHL/San Jose Sharks

Robert Petrovicky - Vitkovice HC (Czech)

Adrien Plavsic - Basel Swiss-A

Robert Reichel - Litvinov CHP HC – Czech

Luke Richardson - Ottawa

Mike Sillinger - NY Islanders

Tommy Sjodin Brynas IF Gavle SEL

Jiri Slegr - Litvinov CHP HC Czech

Igor Ulanov - Yaroslavl Lokomotiv Russia

Jim Waite - Ingolstadt ERC DEL

Eric Weinrich - Portland AHL

Dmitri Yushkevich - Cherepovets Severstal Russia

• 2 months later...

petr nedvěd is with hc sparta praha (czech). robert petrovický is no more with vítkovice hc, seems hes retired. lang plays for blackhawks, holík for thrashers, vůjtek for oceláři třinec (czech).

petr nedvěd is with hc sparta praha (czech). robert petrovický is no more with vítkovice hc, seems hes retired. lang plays for blackhawks, holík for thrashers, vůjtek for oceláři třinec (czech).

Lang played for Los Angelas and Vladimir Vujtek played for Edmonton in the 92-93 season but according to these lists..

http://nhl94.com/html/teamprofile.aspx?team=LA

http://nhl94.com/html/teamprofile.aspx?team=EDM

...they are not in the game.

I changed Nedved to HC Sparta Praha.

I had Holik on atlanta already.

Thanks for the update on Petrovicky....we'll declare his ass retired.

well, since i am more focused on pc versions (nhl hockey and nhl hockey 95), i wasnt sure if all these players were involved in the snes version of the game, though i know there were less of them

ad holik, i considered the last post with players to be the last updated one, my fault

That's interesting. If you have some time...maybe you would be interested in sending a copy of the PC version rosters to Evan(admin of the site)....he loves finding out new information about nhl94...and it would be a cool bit of info to see the console version rosters compared to the pc version that he could put on the site.

That's interesting. If you have some time...maybe you would be interested in sending a copy of the PC version rosters to Evan(admin of the site)....he loves finding out new information about nhl94...and it would be a cool bit of info to see the console version rosters compared to the pc version that he could put on the site.

then it would be better and easier simply to download the game, its about 5 (+-) mb of size. for example here:

http://www.486games.net/game.php?id=121

• 2 weeks later...
Alexei Zhamnov is not retired... he is on the official injury list of the Boston Bruins!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?h...ins&id=1040

according to this he announced his retirement in sept. 2006.

• 1 month later...

I haven't updated this in a while.....switched federov to the caps, foote to the avs and simon to the wild.

• 4 weeks later...

anybody feel like making a list (short or nonexistent, I assume) of folks that are on the same team they were in NHL '94?

wow theres not a lot

Never been traded:

Mike Modano DAL

Joe Sakic Qc/Col

Nicklas Lidstrom DET

Back in town:

Dallas Drake DET

Adam foote Qc/Col

Trevor Linden VAN

rob blake LA

Patrice Brisebois MTL

Sandis Ozolinsh SJ

theres probably more...that's all i know ^^

yeah but not officially :D

Talk about a classy hockey player. Theres not many players out there that meant as much to a team/organization as Trevor Linden did to the Canucks. The game loses a great player. At least Smyl will have some company up in the general motors place rafters soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04mxZC5LiZg

wild1.jpg

I was at that game on Saturday and even though the score was very lop-sided, it will definetely be the most memorable Canucks game I have ever been to. The crowd was amazing and showed a lot of class, as well as Trevor Linden. The best thing was, Naslund never got cheered. He actually got booed <_<

• 1 month later...

looks like petrovicky signed on with Leksands and played out the remainder of the season.

Nice topic.

Keep in mind that not all players who were in the NHL in 1993-94 or 1994-95 were in NHL '94. For instance, Joe Sacco was one of the original Anaheim Mighty Ducks (prior to that, he played for the Toronto Maple Leafs). Despite being one of the original Ducks, he is not on Anaheim or on Toronto in NHL '94 (in fact, he's not in NHL '94 at all). I'm sure there are several other players that NHL '94 forgot to put into their game.

Nice topic.

Keep in mind that not all players who were in the NHL in 1993-94 or 1994-95 were in NHL '94. For instance, Joe Sacco was one of the original Anaheim Mighty Ducks (prior to that, he played for the Toronto Maple Leafs). Despite being one of the original Ducks, he is not on Anaheim or on Toronto in NHL '94 (in fact, he's not in NHL '94 at all). I'm sure there are several other players that NHL '94 forgot to put into their game.

good catch..

wow, their 3rd, 5th, and 6th top scorers didn't make it into the game! http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0002221994.html

I wonder if these guys weren't taken in the expansion draft, but were picked up in some other way after the game's rosters were set?

Garry Valk (3rd) was on the Vancouver Canucks in NHL '94.
The 5th leading scorer Bill Houlder did make it into the game

Whoops. OK, i meant on ANAHEIM then :P

Nice topic.

very true....I used the genesis rosters...however the snes version and PC versions have different rosters for some teams.

I tried looking online to find the rosters for the PC version....so I could list some more players. As someone pointed out earlier in this thread...Robert Lang was in the PC version...but not genesis or SNES.

Anyone have a link to the NHL94 PC's roster versions?