NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 05 - Trades (unofficial)

smozoma

(If you want to offer up players for trade, please use the Trade Talk thread.

This thread is for trades agreed upon by the coaches involved. Thanks.)

How to Post a Trade

1. One coach must post the trade here (please include team names! Use the template below).
  2. The other coach must post a confirmation, including a quote of the trade (so I know what the heck you are confirming :lol:).

What You Can Trade

• You must OWN what you trade. You can trade 3 things:
    • players you have already drafted/protected this draft;
    • draft picks;
    • protection picks (note: if you protect a player, you can't trade him for another protection pick in that same round!)

[*]Please be careful with the protection pick trading..don't forget that someone might take your guys before it gets to the protection round.

[*]Also, don't hold up the protection round by trying to trade away/for a protection pick. A Protection round should not take more than 24 hours; if it does, I may do your protection pick for you to keep things moving.

Trade Limits

1. The total of players and draft picks traded away can be up to 7.
    • You can trade away or drop 5 players + protection picks maximum. (during and after the draft)
    • you can trade away up to 5 free picks

[*]You can not re-acquire a player you traded away or dropped, this season (unless you get him back in order to trade him away again).

[*]Trades must be for an equal number of assets. (ex: If you want to trade a 1st rounder for a 2nd and 3rd rounder, you need to throw in a late pick to even it out)

[*]Hokkee has no trades. We'll see what he can come up with through drafting... "im going to turn over a new leaf and do NO trades next season"

swos: acquiring a protection pick turns the pick into a free pick at the end of the protection round.

("dropping" players is for after the draft, during the free agent period)

If a number of coaches complain about a trade that is posted in this thread, it may be nullified.

--

Example Trade

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANAHEIMCOACH posts:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Florida:

Yake

Ladouceur

6.8 pick

To Anaheim:

Mellanby

Vanbiesbrouck

6.17 pick

FLORIDACOACH posts:

To Florida:

Yake

Ladouceur

6.8 pick

To Anaheim:

Mellanby

Vanbiesbrouck

6.17 pick

Confirmed

The pick NUMBER is important! It makes it much easier for me to do the trade in the database (which is all numbers)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to Washington(hokkee)

3rd round pick (which because of my last trade, is showing as Carse's 3rd round but its actually mine)

to Detroit (me)

Iafrate

confirmed

swapped 7ths added to the trade making it:

To DET/turd fergusson:

Iafrate

7.13 pick

To WSH/hokkeefan2

3.5 pick

7.8 pick

confirmed by smoz bettman!

ty!

Houlanov trades

gretzky

sakic

to

Hokkee for

roy

13th pick in 3rd rd

before u all cry i have gretzky-sakic-lafontaine front line!

proof that hokkee was totally obliterated when this transpired

lol only hokkee could turn his first 3 picks from the best goalie and the 2nd best dman into three light weight 3rd round tier forwards

Were I in his shoes, I would have at least kept Roy. There's no way I'd surrender the best goalie in the pool. As it is, Hokkee has returned to being... well, Hokkee, for lack of a better name or word.

On the plus side, his starting lineup isn't Messier, Clark, Andreychuk.

lol that lineup is prolly the best suited for his game. this lineup he's gonna get hammersmashedface

Yeah, that line needs work, all light dudes who cant check and have less then 5 speed.

I offered him Manson or Hatcher with Essensa for Roy and a 7th, he would have been set up with LaFontaine, Manson/Hatcher and Essensa with a pick in the 3rd to get a big F or D to support LaFontaine. dude would have had 4 solid building blocks in 3 rounds and not been able to trade them.

Now he has a bunch of guys that I wish I could murder with my squad.

To PIT :

Mike Modano

Chicago's 5th round pick

To CHI :

Zarley Zalapski

Pittsburgh's 3rd round pick

pick numbers please (saves me time having to look them up, when you already know the numbers..)

did all you stupid puckheads forget about player ratings ? and in blitz the light guys are quicker and there about 90 rated average ,so you VETS are saying a guy cant do good with 3 quick high rated players ? fkin newbs,u wait n see bitches B)

did all you stupid puckheads forget about player ratings ? and in blitz the light guys are quicker and there about 90 rated average ,so you VETS are saying a guy cant do good with 3 quick high rated players ? fkin newbs,u wait n see bitches B)

Have you ever played as PIT in the original ROM? Thats how your team will be. Your guys are going to get laid out with a touch of a feather.

Have you ever played as PIT in the original ROM? Thats how your team will be. Your guys are going to get laid out with a touch of a feather.

we will see ... im a 1 timer player and i like ditsy doodling with those quick light guy and will have fun trying to aviod fatties.I have 2 of best set up guys with sakic in middle ,i will have a fun team and sure i will get banged around a few gms but there ratings help out alot being so offensive.

You need to strike a bit of balance here. You need at least 1 heavy guy that's either your center or a great wingman and at least 2 middleweights or 1 middleweight and 1 fast lightweight. Another formation would be 2 heavy guys and 1 light one; in that way, the light one will have better protection if the others are on the ball.

But surviving with 3 lightweights on all forward positions... it's going to be tough. But knowing Hokkee, he'll do his 1000 substitutions.