NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 05 - Draft Round 1

smozoma

The first round is a free round. There are a couple complications, though, which is why I'm holding the first round on the forum and not on the website.

Player list - download the spreadsheet file from bottom of the page (get OpenOffice.org if you don't have MS Office)

Player list (Google Docs)

Please read the Draft Info thread

How it works... it's kind of like both the first and second rounds are happening at the same time.

When it's your pick (1st round):

1. Pick the player you want (who hasn't been drafted/protected yet).

2. Tell the coach who had the player last season that you picked him, so they can make their protection pick (if they're not on AIM, PM them so they get an email).

3. Inform the next coach that it's their turn to pick (if they're not on AIM, PM them so they get an email).

When a player on your Last Year's team gets picked:

1. Post which of your remaining players you protect. This is your 2nd round pick. Use the word 'protect' in your post so there's no confusion about whether you're making a free pick or a protection pick ("I protect Kelly Hrudey").

Please do the protection pick quickly, so guys don't try to draft the player you want to protect, causing confusion.

You could also send me a PM ahead of time with the top two players you'd protect, so once I see one of your guys got picked, I'd post your protection. Title the PM "round 2 protection picks" (otherwise i always end up with a bunch of PMs called 'picks' and I don't know what's what :) -- the round # is important (3 messages so far.. only 1 containing the round # :))

Don't know what players are on which teams? Just click the team names on the season 4 standings

The draft order is..

01 - A - N.J 	PerennialChoker		- LEMIEUX	(L.MURPHY protected by VAN)
02 - B - QUE 	vinniersmith		- B.HULL	(YZERMAN protected by MTL)
03 - A - DAL	smozoma 		- NEELY		(ESSENSA protected by NYI(OTT))
04 - B - CGY	Rage93 			- LINDROS	(GILMOUR protected by PHI)
05 - A - NYR 	BoKnowsNHL94		- MOGILNY	(OATES protected by BOS)
06 - B - TOR 	mcarthurbsu33		- BOURQUE	(LINDEN protected by QUE)
07 - A - T.B 	Flamingpavelbure	- TIKKANEN	(KLIMA protected by NYR)
08 - B - BOS 	donnybrook94		- SANDSTROM	(S.STEVENS protected by STL)
09 - A - EDM 	Icestorm NHL94 		- SELANNE	(ROBITAILLE protected by N.J)
10 - B - PIT 	dcicon5148		- BURE		(K. STEVENS protected by WPG)
11 - A - CHI	Zalex1414 		- ROENICK	(MODANO protected by CHI)
12 - B - WSH 	hokkeefan2		- ROY		(HOGUE protected by DAL)
13 - A - STL 	Iceguy94		- MESSIER	(IAFRATE protected by WSH)
14 - B - HFD 	sonoffett87		- COFFEY	(G.COURTNALL protected by EDM)
15 - B - WPG 	chris1knights@		- BELFOUR	(free agent)
16 - A - FLA 	canadiensfan66		- GARTNER	(CARSON protected by TB)
17 - B - DET	Turd Ferguson988	- CICCARELLI	(Cu.JOSEPH protected by DET) 
18 - A - MTL 	Freydey32		- MULLER	(?? protected by HFD)
19 - B - S.J	Houlanov		- FEDOROV	(BONDRA protected by FLA)
20 - A - PHI 	snoboarder3211		- JAGR		(ZALAPSKI protected by PIT)
21 - B - VAN 	gihtarman		- SHANAHAN	(no prot by FLA)
22 - A - NYI	angryjay93		- HATCHER	(no prot by WPG)
23 - A - BUF	swos94			- 
24 - B - ANA	maverickz161@		- 
* coloured names mean nothing, it's how the forum formats it (words starting with capitals are purple..)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

****!

i protect yzerman

TB Picks up Esa Tikkanen

Sorry for the delay guys

Icestorm: Idk, College, sports, s**t. How come a 40 years old man is pissed about what I'm doing? Living Fossil.

Edited by The Russian Rocket

:rolleyes:

1.8 Boston selects Tomas Sandstrom

Ahhh, Sonufa.... >:(

St. Louis protects Scott "Captain Crunch" Stevens.

Please do your best to contact the coach who needs to make a protection pick due to your own pick. It's very hard to predict when your own player will get picked and you need to make a protection pick

(although i'm really surprised no one has taken Turgeon from me yet! ;))

To find out who to contact, go to any player page on the blitz site and then search for the player using the search box at the top of the page. The player's most recent coach's name is in the stats table.

(L.A/rynweinmeyer is now mav)

Please do your best to contact the coach who needs to make a protection pick due to your own pick. It's very hard to predict when your own player will get picked and you need to make a protection pick

(although i'm really surprised no one has taken Turgeon from me yet! ;))

To find out who to contact, go to any player page on the blitz site and then search for the player using the search box at the top of the page. The player's most recent coach's name is in the stats table.

(L.A/rynweinmeyer is now mav)

Don't tempt fate, Smoz. Both Pierre and Sandstrom are pretty comparable to each other, though Turgeon's got slightly less pop in his shot, but is a bit of a better passer. There's little difference between them, IMO, so if you get to keep him, thank your lucky stars.

Now to wait for my turn and get a new center. Goalie will come at the next round.

Don't tempt fate, Smoz. Both Pierre and Sandstrom are pretty comparable to each other, though Turgeon's got slightly less pop in his shot, but is a bit of a better passer. There's little difference between them, IMO, so if you get to keep him, thank your lucky stars.

Now to wait for my turn and get a new center. Goalie will come at the next round.

I think you missed what my joke was, considering who else was on my team last year :)

edit: i hate to complain about everything.. but your signature is absurdly long and contains unimpressive results from defunct/stalled leagues. it's so long that it takes up about 45% of the vertical space on my monitor. Can't you shorten it somehow? Maybe put some of those results on one line? Cut out the stuff that no one will every care about? I don't think a sig ever needs to be more than 10 lines (5 ideally).

Simple way to think about it is... the longer your sig is, the less chance there is anyone will every bother reading it. At that length, you're just talking to yourself. Pick the ~5 things you're most proud of and stick to those. Otherwise, it's like your twittering what you ate for lunch.

edit2: thanks for reducing it to just 35% of my screen

4:58, hokke ur a fkn slacker

BLACKWACKS GONE WILD

FIRST PICK : JEREMY ROENICK --- PROTECTION MIKE MODANO

MODANO ON THE BLOCK AS FOR NOW.

WTGA?

I just want some clarification here, Zalex hasnt "lost" anyone as the draft info thread describes , why does he get to make a pick from his own team and protect when he hasnt "lost" anyone?

1.13 - St. Louis is proud to select Mark Messier as its first pick of the draft.

WTGA?

I just want some clarification here, Zalex hasnt "lost" anyone as the draft info thread describes , why does he get to make a pick from his own team and protect when he hasnt "lost" anyone?

He may have assumed that he still owned Modano, so he thought of pulling a fast one on us and made his protection pick. So unless he made a trade with someone that we didn't know about, his protection pick shouldn't stick unless someone took a player from Chicago first.

Edited by RedWingDevil