NHL'94 Forums

Need volunteers to help run the league

I have decided that this will be my last season running the Blitz 94 league.

I'll always be around to do database stuff if necessary, but I'd like to offload as much of the work as possible.

So, here is the list of essential blitz tasks and requirements... I need people to take over these things (certainly 1 person can do more than 1 task, and more than 1 person can work on the same task). This season I'll try to limit my roles to "coordinator of coordinators" and database/website manager. I'll also try to involve an 'understudy' for the database, who can take over next season.

Running a season:

• League coordinator (find out who's playing, manage waiting list, etc)
  • Draft coordinator (keep everyone informed of deadlines, manage draft lists, etc)
  • Database and website manager (update database for the draft, regular season, playoffs.. )
  • ROM creator
  • ... probably some more...

Hopefully the people who have been involved with running GDL can either take some of these jobs or can help out with some ideas for how to run this league. For instance, I think GDL has some kind of 3-person team for handling some things, some decisions?

www.blitz94.com Website:

• Web host (~100/yr)
  • Domain name (~$10/yr)

I've never cared about the costs. The problem is, I piggy-back my own personal website inside the same host package as the Blitz website, but if I'm going to give someone else access to the Blitz website/database, then I need to get a separate host package for my personal websites, so I'd rather just have someone else do the hosting. Maybe I'll keep ownership of the domain name...

So, please contact me on AIM, or post here, to volunteer to help out this season.

Thanks,

smozoma

Even if cost not an issue for you, Im willing to start a donation : DONATE TO THE SMOZOMAN.

Smozoma is the member who gave the most to this community so lets rewards him. Donate GA dollars. Donate Hapiness.

Even if cost not an issue for you, Im willing to start a donation : DONATE TO THE SMOZOMAN.

Smozoma is the member who gave the most to this community so lets rewards him. Donate GA dollars. Donate Hapiness.

Without Evan paying the bills for nhl94.com, I wouldn't even be here!

Just wanna say you guys that do this stuff are amazing, and do so much that the guys whining about organisation etc don't even realise. You are so appreciated & highly regarded. I promise you it's appreciated.

Unfortunately i'm in the process of starting my own business & barely have time to even play anymore! Obviously I helped a little with the last classic, but even that's not an option at the moment.

The cost of the hosting/domain comes out to an average of around $5/player per YEAR. That's peanuts, even for students, for an amazing league that can realistically have 2 seasons a year. Let us know how we can donate -- PayPal?

I will help in anyway I can to keep this great league going, just let me know if you can use any of my services.

I can:

* Manage active players, waiting list, deadlines, etc.

* Organize and run a draft (10 years as a fantasy football commish helps there, ;) )

* Provide status updates, commentary, general league news as the season/playoffs progress (last update on blitz homepage was Dec 10, 2010! :o )

I guess all of that falls under "help running a league". Luckily we have 6 previous seasons already completed, so this is more like handing the baton over than anything.

I can't (not yet at least):

* edit ROMs

* manage website/database (though I'm happy to assist)

ROM and Website - out of my lg...

Draft coodinator - afraid of the wrath of hokkee but would still be willing to :D :D

I could help out though with coordinating the waitlist and coordinating teams seems simple enough if any help is needed.

Your last blitz? Why? :unsure:

Your last blitz? Why? :unsure:

No time, I have other things I'd rather spend my time on. It used to be fun to do, but now it's just work preventing me from doing new things.

I can be league coordinator.. I think it'd be good because I know a lot of your rules and how you settle things about playoffs etc. so it'd work.

Also, It'd be nice for a group of us to run this stuff w smoz's help thids season, so we can get GDL going after this blitz if swos is still MIA.

Well he didn't create it so he picked it up from aj who picked it up from donch and so on.. this is how GDL flows.

amen

just need someone else to pick up the site and/or convert his stats to the new site. no easy task

what stats, almost all them got deleted :P

OK, making a list of volunteers... and for this season, I'll still handle a lot of stuff..

• League coordinators - kingraph, camkneely, carse
  • Waiting list - camkneely
  • Draft coordinators - IceStorm, kingraph, kupuck, camkneely
  • Draft database/website maintainer - da94wookie
  • Main database/website maintainer - da94wookie
  • Website news updater - kingraph
  • ROM creator - Graphics - beavers33
  • ROM creator - Rosters - IceStorm, beavers33, xdeaths
  • Web host / domain name - maybe I'll keep doing this
  • slacker wrangler - hokkee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...