NHL'94 Forums

NHL 2018 by naples39

naples39

UPDATE: I'm dropping an updated version of my ROM rosters as of 12/15 (ish). I've been picking at the rom continuously, and this mostly a ratings update for how certain guys are performing this year, with updated starting lineups/ photos as well (some teams like Vegas, STL really needed updates!).

So I've hardly any time to test, but the time is now for release.

Details:

-All 31 NHL teams with up-to-date logos/uniforms/lines/ratings (thank you slapshot!)
-player portraits for all no-line-change starters
-custom/anniversary center ice logos for teams that use them this year (CAR, DAL, TB, DET, NYR...)
-Weight bug fix
-speed burst at 75% of original rom
-accurate arena music per team (default in slapshot 32-team rom)
-ice/bench graphic hacks (default in slapshot 32-team rom)
-known bug with 32-team rom -- GAME WILL CRASH IF CYCLING THROUGH WPG (TEAM 31) PORTRAITS ON MAIN MENU

Please let me know if you find any bugs or errors. Enjoy!

EDIT: Re-upped v 1.1 with minor roster/player tweaks and corrections. Barring any major problems, this is final release.

ZSGkSMb.png

42p2FWB.png

jbtiTIS.png

wcsouVf.png

TGiz6U3.png

7ugNM4C.png

Ds2WOFh.png

NHL 2018 by naples39.zip

naples39 NHL94 rompack.zip

NHL 2018 1.2 by naples39.bin

Edited by naples39
  • Thanks 4
  • Like 6

here are a couple of roms.ini files, depending on what version of NOSE you use, wboy's original or smozoma's edit.

backup your roms.ini file just in case something goes wrong.

org nose ini.zip

smoz nose ini.zip

Edited by slapshot67

I prefer Naples roms. I haven't had a problem editing his previous releases.

I always make a copy before I edit any games, keeping the original in the Fusion folder and the copy in NOSE's rom folder.

Edited by Aozora

Found a player error. You have Paul Postma (Bruins) wearing #1, he's supposed to be #14.

Also have Kevin Lablanc (Sharks) spelled as Labanc. You also have forward Barclay Goodrow (Sharks) on the 3rd D pairing.

Jake Dotchin (Lightning) spelled Joke, poor guy. . .

You have Derrick Pouliot (Canucks) wearing #51 instead of #5.

Edited by Aozora

8 hours ago, Aozora said:

Found a player error. You have Paul Postma (Bruins) wearing #1, he's supposed to be #14.

Also have Kevin Lablanc (Sharks) spelled as Labanc. You also have forward Barclay Goodrow (Sharks) on the 3rd D pairing.

Jake Dotchin (Lightning) spelled Joke, poor guy. . .

You have Derrick Pouliot (Canucks) wearing #51 instead of #5.

Thanks! I will correct and re-post in a few days.

9 hours ago, crazygoalie33 said:

Great to play this today.  I noticed I had an issue going through the portraits of Washington in the main menu and the advantages screen and the game froze.  Does anyone else have that issue?

I haven't noticed that, but it might be a problem with the 32-team rom. I guess the moral of the story is stay away from player portraits in the main menu for the last few teams!

On 10/12/2017 at 1:19 AM, slapshot67 said:

you need a new roms.ini file to open the 32 team rom.

do you use wboy's nose1.2b or smozoma's nose1.2b-2012apr?

I made a NOSE??

It should be compatible, I think it just has some extra .ini stuff for the 0-15 player ratings? The ROMs are differentiated by some sort of ROM ID code.

59 minutes ago, Blake said:

I'm thinking about rolling out weekly updates every Sunday for this ROM for everyone.

You're free to and it could be cool, just watch out for breaking the center ice logos (if you edit uniforms) or breaking player portraits when messing with lineups.

Also, please note a version number/date somewhere inside the rom (opening credits?) to prevent confusion.

Edited by naples39
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, naples39 said:

You're free to and it could be cool, just watch out for breaking the center ice logos (if you edit uniforms) or breaking player portraits when messing with lineups.

Also, please note a version number/date somewhere inside the rom (opening credits?) to prevent confusion.

The only thing I really use is NOSE because player photos and other stuff seem complicated. I will try if I find a way though.

Hi Guys. Just in case anyone plays this game using Recalbox or Emulationstation, etc. - I went ahead and created some simple metadata to use for scraping the game info and box art. Just look for "NHL 2018" for the Sega Megadrive when scraping your game and everything should populate. Thanks! -Sean

thanks again Naples for doing this. Just wanted to let you know, someone reached out to us on fb to say thanks and great job on the rom.

Mathieu Perreault (Jets) is spelled Matheiu.

And I've found 2 more serious issues. . . When playing against the Leafs, Hyman scored against me and BOTH assists were by Hainsey. Not sure if this is a known issue with NHL94 on the Genesis or not. When I checked the player stats Hainsey had 2 assists. Also. . . Ehlers was credited with an assist on a penalty shot goal by Scheifele. Again, unsure if a known issue or not.