NHL'94 Forums

Who Will Replace Dadonch As General Manager Of Gdl?

hokkeefan

Are most of the coaches in favor of having one Commissioner to oversee everything or a suggested tribunal, where one person is in charge of the draft, one in charge of the ROM, one in charge of all other league administration (deadlines, disputes, etc.)...?

In fear of seeing another person take on all the responsibilities...I think it might be wise to have the tribunal as Jamonica has suggested.

-one to organize the draft

-one to design the rom

-one to commish the league

-one to look after the website (dimitry)

I think AJ should be the dude who settles disputes.. Halifax deals with scheduleing and replacing coaches. It is widely known that the classic league is the most smoothly ran dispite having less dedicated coaches than GDL. Bringing in one of the commishs from that league could hopefully solve this leagues problem of lazy people and not respecting deadlines.

It is widely known that the classic league is the most smoothly ran dispite having less dedicated coaches than GDL. Bringing in one of the commishs from that league could hopefully solve this leagues problem of lazy people and not respecting deadlines.

It does seem odd that almost all Classic League coaches can finish their schedules, while we struggle for completed schedules in the GDL- especially when a majority of the coaches play in both leagues; even moreso when the GDL levies stiff draft position penalties for DNP's.

how do the number of games and pace compare to classic league?

The main difference is that in the classic league, all the games are released at the same time. I kind of like the time-release GDL schedule, though.. For next season, though, i'd like to see games released in pairs, so you have a bunch of home-and-home matchups.

The main difference is that in the classic league, all the games are released at the same time. I kind of like the time-release GDL schedule, though.. For next season, though, i'd like to see games released in pairs, so you have a bunch of home-and-home matchups.

It wouldn't be a horrible idea to release all of your games vs. a certain opponent at the same time. At least then you'd only have to find a guy online once, and conceivably get all of your common games played.

It wouldn't be a horrible idea to release all of your games vs. a certain opponent at the same time. At least then you'd only have to find a guy online once, and conceivably get all of your common games played.

I agree scribe. The only issue with that method is then ur locked into playing an opponent or two. If they're not around, you can sit idle for awhile.

I think doing it like the classic leagues (releasing all games) is the way to go. That way you can get any series done at any given time.

Smozo, i hear ya on liking the release method. I never look at the master schedule so it's kinda cool seeing new games get released. Like a suprise.

i would also recommend each team plays each other twice and no more cause i think that the long schedule leaves too many things to go wrong with the commitment due to personal life.

I recommend we have 24 teams again. Everyone plays 46 games except Hokkee. He has 1,058 games.

We all play Hokkee 46 times. This way Hokkee will always be too busy playing games then posting messages :)

I recommend we have 24 teams again. Everyone plays 46 games except Hokkee. He has 1,058 games.

We all play Hokkee 46 times. This way Hokkee will always be too busy playing games then posting messages :)

hehe, sounds good..

How about release 2 games vs everyone right at the start. Then, half-way through the season, release the remaining pairs of games (vs intra-division or -conference teams) so there are some late season games that really mean something for the standings.

all the games NEED TO BE RELEASED at the beginning of the season.

I agree with pill. Then just set the checkpoints accordingly for the season from the beginning.

There were a lot of times this season where I had the chance to play guys but the games hadn't been released yet. Then when the game was released, we were never on at the same time.

Wags, Dr. Pizza and Hokkeefan as the tribunal.

wags would look after the draft and bail after the first 6 picks.

hokkee would create the rom and trade everyone's players.

pizza would find a way to delete the website and have a youtube video on it.

its pointless to release the games throught the season becasue by the end of the year, there is about a month with all the games sitting around.. the only way it would be pointful is if people actually played their games right when they came out.

If we decide to go the route of a Tribunal, I'll volunteer to do the deadlines, decisions etc.

I'm not technically skilled by any means, but I think i'm a decent problem solver and communicator etc.

recall reason why games are release periodically: to keep stat races interesting

What holds more sway with the masses? having the ability to play all games at once (hokkee will be done with 2 months remaining), or having AJ duke it out with some schmo for the Rocket Richard Trophy?

my gut tells me releasing games all at once will eliminate some of the DNPs... but not all.

p.s. Align conferences by geographic location next year, damnit.

p.s. Align conferences by geographic location next year, damnit.

Brilliant idea Matty. Who we gots on the left coast? AJ, KingsCup, Dmac, Jrod....who else? I suppose to us East Coasters anything from Chicago west would qualify for the Western Conference.

Brilliant idea Matty. Who we gots on the left coast? AJ, KingsCup, Dmac, Jrod....who else? I suppose to us East Coasters anything from Chicago west would qualify for the Western Conference.

hmm.. yes. Now that I pose this much too obvious solution, how many west coasters do we have, and who do you put in to fill the remainder?

there are only 2 reasons behind this idea:

1. time zones

2. lag

wags would look after the draft and bail after the first 6 picks.

hokkee would create the rom and trade everyone's players.

pizza would find a way to delete the website and have a youtube video on it.

lol that is very funny and yes release all games!!! I finished quite early even with the schedule the way it is cause everyone else took so much longer.When releasing all the games it will give some people a chance to play lots of games when they are available to play alot.