NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 06 - Team switch free-for-all

In this thread you can switch teams (either the city, or the city+roster). Post below -- first come, first served.

Please stick to something close to the formats in the examples.

How to Switch:

If you want to switch teams with someone else, arrange it with the other coach and post both of your new teams here (don't just say "i switch with xx"). Or switch with an unused team.

You can switch either just the city (keeping your old roster of players), or you can switch the whole teams (city + roster).

You are supposed keep your new team at least 2 seasons (but you can do multiple switches in this thread before the season starts). If you switched last season, but really want to switch again this season (like if your favourite team becomes available), then you can switch, but must stay at least 3 seasons in that city.

Examples:

I pick up L.A and drop ANH. Cities only.
I trade MTL for BOS with SomeCoach. Cities and rosters.
I trade MTL for BOS with SomeCoach. Cities and rosters.

Confirmed!

Looking to trade QUE for any of BUF, CGY, PHI. Cities only, but might consider rosters.
Looking to trade PIT. Cities only.

Restrictions:

Houlanov (2 seasons left in S.J after a 3-season deal)

Icestorm (1 season left in EDM, or can switch and make a 3-season deal)

Dibs:

Dibs is for dropped cities (not rosters).

You can call dibs on 1 team. This is the format:

I call dibs on Toronto.

I am currently Dallas.

If the team you called dibs on gets freed up, you get the team. You need to specify which team you currently have, so people know what team you drop if your dib comes up.

(dibs on multiple teams has some difficult scenarios, so I decided not to allow it)

Available Cities:

WSH

FLA

Changes so far:

smozoma DAL TOR

mcarthurbsu33 TOR DAL N.J

dcicon5148 PIT N.J L.A

vocally caged N.J PIT

Sebe82 ANH DET

oooraphooo BUF DAL

hokkeefan2 WSH VAN

dan_lizhot VAN WSH BUF EDM

HABS/canadiensfan66 FLA ANH

Icestorm EDM BUF (3-season contract)

Dibs:

(no one has called dibs yet)

I'd trade the Lightning for the Panthers if I can change the jerseys.

I don't change the sweater colours, because if i change them for one person.. i have to change them for evvverybody else

(why is that doritos commercials not on youtube???)

and then someone wants the logo to match the new sweater colours.. etc

Guest Houli

Smoz: What about you let me edit my jerseys? I know how to on Mack's editor. ANd it only should take 2-3 mins.

NO!

Smozoma:

I don't change the sweater colours, because if i change them for one person.. i have to change them for evvverybody else

(why is that doritos commercials not on youtube???)

and then someone wants the logo to match the new sweater colours.. etc

Smoz: What about you let me edit my jerseys? I know how to on Mack's editor. ANd it only should take 2-3 mins.

I actually edited the sweaters for all the teams last season to make them more accurate (some of the original colours were off -- TB's blue was too light, i think). I'm not sure what changes the TB sweaters would need.. their team colours are still very much the same:

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Lightning/Lightning.html (not that the colours on this site are super accurate)

what changes are you thinking? my idea is that we use the 1993/1994 colours and logos.

(and I don't want next year's TB sweater colours in the game, because i hate all those designs :P)

I prefered the old blue light TB. As for the Panthers idk how they were set up. (Red or blue)

I can put the TB sweaters back to the default when I'm working on the ROM. The original colours actually do look much better than the real colours (or my approximation thereof)

Is anyone either interested in St. Louis or my roster?

Traded the current STL's roster for SJ's roster.

Traded the current STL's roster for SJ's roster.

I originally intended for it to be either just the city, or the city AND the roster, so let me think about this..

The thing is that while Houlanov wanted to trade the roster, he wants to keep SJ. You could ask him about it. BTW, do the Sharks still have their rink music in Blitz? IMO, it's one of the best from the original game.

Edited by RedWingDevil