jer_33

6-button Controller Round-up

128 posts in this topic

jer_33, on 23 Oct 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:snapback.png

These are the best. It is like 1990 all over again.

The controllers are like new.

I now have 2 like brand new 6 button controllers and 8 like brand new 3 button.

I highly recommend these.

Hey coach, I just bought a whole box full of busted up gens pads and I have the rubber pieces shown above. Did you reference any video in particular that helped you out the first couple times you were fixing your pads. By the way, I watched 1 vid and saw they added foil tape to the contacts... did you go that route by any chance?

Nope, I just unscrewed the 6 screws in the back, pulled off the old stuff and stuck the new stuff in the exact same spots.

It was really simple.

I did clean the insides up with alcohol as jer suggested but mine were really all pretty clean.

As I have experimented with each of my "new" controllers I will say some are better than others, so issues do sometimes run deeper than just these rubber pieces, but they are all improved and most feel like new.

Sorry to hijack thread jer, but this inspired me to try and custom paint some controllers. Here's the result of my first two projects. While the designs could be better, crisper, I wanted to see how difficult this really was. Learned a few things, and they're definitely fun! I may try another if I get inspired again!

K6kAMA4.png

Looking good raph!

I've tried a couple of things with my 6-button Gens controllers, including wrapping the d-pad in hockey tape.

Next going to try a give the d-pad and underside a spray of rubber coating.

mAphVt_kEsJjJcN9IJhdqVg.jpg

you could sell those.

Sorry to hijack thread jer, but this inspired me to try and custom paint some controllers. Here's the result of my first two projects. While the designs could be better, crisper, I wanted to see how difficult this really was. Learned a few things, and they're definitely fun! I may try another if I get inspired again!

K6kAMA4.png

Vive la France.