NHL'94 Forums

[October 28, 2018 - Vancouver, BC] - KING of '94 III

halifax

Hi Guys,

As announced last night on our social media, as well as our live tv broadcast on KGBmanTV, King of 94 III will be in Vancouver October 2018! As always, we wanted to give lots of lead time. Mikey is really excited about it and, of course, so am I. I thought I'd just take a bit of time to clear up a couple items and if you have any questions, fire away!

Venue: So at this time we have a place we're working on but until it's 100% confirmed then I'll leave disclosing this for now.

Date: We haven't picked a date yet. There's some factors that play into this (availability of the venue and Canucks home games.) The NHL releases their schedule in June. I'm hoping that the canucks have a home game on a friday or sunday night so that those travelling may want to attend. (The vegas trip was a lot of fun for this). It won't be on oct 6th as that is Thanksgiving day weekend in Canada.

Price: I believe it was aqua that brought this up on discord. $94 for Vegas was much more expensive for Canadians due to price of the dollar. But this time it's in CAD, so it'll be about $15 cheaper for the guys travelling from the US if the dollar remains the around the same.  I don't think we'll change the price because we just like the $94 entry fee.  Leaning towards the $50-$50 range now. Mikey wants more buds there.

Format: I don't think we'll see too much of change from last time (subject to time available, number of stations and number of competitors available of course). I thought the 6 games in the round robin worked well and the playoff round worked well also. 

What's new: Players eliminated from round robin will be put into their own tier playoffs to play for prize(s). So everyone will have a shot to win something after the round robin.

What's new: 2v2 tournament: This will be either free or maybe $5 a head. 

Considering: Allowing players that played in King of 94 I or II to choose the opening group the want to play in. This would be done by a pre arranged draft system(ranking those players 01 through XX). Then the divisions would be filled out with all the remaining players, taking into consideration their skill level (if known). Ex. Sega: Aj gets first pick...chooses morning group A, Raph picks second and chooses afternoon group B, Ea picks 3rd...and so on. I thought this might be something that could add a bit of fun to it. (Instead of me just deciding the final groups).

Where I'll need help: Systems and tvs. Mikey has some consoles and so do I, but we may need more. And Tvs will be my biggest challenge. I'm hoping the vancouver guys I know will be able to help on the TV situation.

Love you guys.

ko94-3 tease.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, kgman01 said:

nice! ...nobody will get shot at literally ....gotta love canada

Would love to see you there bud. 94% chance of going?

ya my passport situation is not good at the moment so I think I might be able to jump on a train worst case I get ticket which I won't pay for lol

ps I didn't realize lyrics included we paid our fare with hobo song!!! my new favorite lyrics ever :)

Edited by kgman01
  • Like 1

Sent these off today for the awesome organizers of this tourney.

IMG_0171.jpgIMG_0172.jpg

Previous work I did for Green Bay.

IMG_0135.jpgIMG_0134.jpg

My Training Ground for KO94-3

IMG_0206.jpgIMG_0218.jpg

Blue Ice Nhl 94 Tribute Stiga Game I have been working on.

IMG_0220.jpg

Eventually I hope to make flat players with stickers that will look like the pixelated players in NHL 94.

I would like to be the official trophy maker of this tournament.

Consider this my application.:big_smile:

• Like 2

On 3/2/2018 at 9:23 PM, CoachMac said:

IMG_0171.jpgIMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0135.jpgIMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0206.jpgIMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

Eventually I hope to make flat players with stickers that will look like the pixelated players in NHL 94.

This is god damn beautiful bud. We will discuss further. I have many thoughts. :)

12 hours ago, kgman01 said:

I love u guys f**k this Internet s**t I'm the real king and I hope u all have a great day

love you too bud. I'm having a great day. But seriously....need you in van city. @smozoma will pick you and give you a lift.

On 3/3/2018 at 8:54 PM, halifax said:

This is god damn beautiful bud. We will discuss further. I have many thoughts. :)

On 3/2/2018 at 7:23 PM, CoachMac said:

IMG_0171.jpgIMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0135.jpgIMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0206.jpgIMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

How do I get one of these? They look amazing!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what I need to do!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jammer - KO94IIsnes said:

How do I get one of these? They look amazing!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what I need to do!

Thanks Jammer!

Unfortunately, I have given away all my Bailey's to my top Buds.

I made AJ the one for his victory in Vegas and you are deserving of one of those as well.
I don't currently have one, but I will get you a Vegas Champion Bobblehead!
(If not before Vancouver, certainly by Vancouver)

I also believe I will be the official trophy maker of King of 94-3 so if you repeat you will get another one.:big_smile:

• Like 1

I plan on being there and I'm hoping to get back into the money, but I expect stiff competition. Might be the toughest ever for SNES.

I could be the person coming from the farthest east in Canada but I hope there are other east coast buds who will make the trip. :)

Vancouver is beautiful and accommodations should be reasonable in October. Let's dooo this.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, annatar said:

I plan on being there and I'm hoping to get back into the money, but I expect stiff competition. Might be the toughest ever for SNES.

I could be the person coming from the farthest east in Canada but I hope there are other east coast buds who will make the trip. :)

Vancouver is beautiful and accommodations should be reasonable in October. Let's dooo this.

Awesome. And yeah I agree I think snes is going to be even tougher this go around 

1 hour ago, Bob Kudelski said:

Hopefully xgrad will make it.

He told me he’s going to try to make it. Good ol nova scotia bud. 

On 3/10/2018 at 11:25 AM, CoachMac said:

Thanks Jammer!

Unfortunately, I have given away all my Bailey's to my top Buds.

I made AJ the one for his victory in Vegas and you are deserving of one of those as well.
I don't currently have one, but I will get you a Vegas Champion Bobblehead!
(If not before Vancouver, certainly by Vancouver)

I also believe I will be the official trophy maker of King of 94-3 so if you repeat you will get another one.:big_smile:

Yes! Pumped! Will be on display for all the Vancouver hardcore fans out here! Let me know how we can connect

1 hour ago, HiLite Reel Khalil said:

Anyone have a link to the game rules for the tourney? Such as are penalties on? Line changes on? Period length. 
Sorry, I'm still new here. but since the tourney is in my hometown, I should at least pretend to be prepared :lol:
Cheers

28701556_10160143601525048_4542452779797512459_o.jpg

Nice bead player!

Here are the rules: 

http://nhl94.com/kingof94/rules.html

It'll minimum 6 games (Maybe minimum 7 or 8)

West coast is always going to be tough. When the tournament was in Vegas, my employer tempted me by having our annual conference in Palm Springs - but still couldn't commit to the travel.

This year, Vancouver - and wouldn't you know it, the annual conference is being held in Vancouver Oct 22--25. 

Amazing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jer_33 said:

West coast is always going to be tough. When the tournament was in Vegas, my employer tempted me by having our annual conference in Palm Springs - but still couldn't commit to the travel.

This year, Vancouver - and wouldn't you know it, the annual conference is being held in Vancouver Oct 22--25. 

Amazing.

This is just incredible. Perfect!

• 1 month later...

You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Kingraph and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another coach, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add AJ to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way, at King of 94 you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because AJ KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try! So Kingraph, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at King of 94. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at King if 94. See Raph, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at King of 94 Vancouver. But I'm gonna break it down for all you ladies. Would you rather be with me? Or would you rather be with Raph?

Interviewer: I think Raph is kinda nice, y'know... Kgman: See, you're one of those girls that like romance. I'm a talk to all my freaks out there. Would you rather come home to me, a genetic freak, to be satisfied every night? Or go home to that fat ass Kingraph? 

1 hour ago, kgman said:

You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Kingraph and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another coach, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add AJ to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way, at King of 94 you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because AJ KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try! So Kingraph, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at King of 94. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at King if 94. See Raph, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at King of 94 Vancouver. But I'm gonna break it down for all you ladies. Would you rather be with me? Or would you rather be with Raph?

Interviewer: I think Raph is kinda nice, y'know... Kgman: See, you're one of those girls that like romance. I'm a talk to all my freaks out there. Would you rather come home to me, a genetic freak, to be satisfied every night? Or go home to that fat ass Kingraph? 

I couldn't follow this, but if you go to Vancouver my chances of attending will increase by 67 1/5th percent, which would be 83 and 1/7th percent after you factor in the 98% chance that AJ will be there as well.

You can keep on living that lucky night over and over again (it was almost 3 years ago bud), but I really do hope you come and prove that you're a great '94 player and champion! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kingraph said:

I couldn't follow this, but if you go to Vancouver my chances of attending will increase by 67 1/5th percent, which would be 83 and 1/7th percent after you factor in the 98% chance that AJ will be there as well.

You can keep on living that lucky night over and over again (it was almost 3 years ago bud), but I really do hope you come and prove that you're a great '94 player and champion! 

Priceless!!!

I too hope you can make it KG, always need characters.:big_smile: