Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brutus

Surviving Summer

8 posts in this topic

Based on a previous poll I did a few weeks back, there is enough interest to have a summer league, but being honest here, there is NOT enough coaches who selected "IN" to do a draft league.  So, unless there is some HUGE surge in interest to turning this into a draft league, here is what you are signing up for:

Surviving Summer League

The most MAJOR RULE: You can only use a team ONCE for the season.  Logs will likely be kept via a Google Doc sheet.
Due to the complexity of choosing a different team each game, I am not sure we will be able to have the stats for each game logged onto a site like NHL94.  If possible, we will keep stats for USERS.

Classic Rom
with a few small tweaks:

Penalties reduced to 1 minute, instead of 2 minutes.
All teams will have their lines edited to reflect AJ's Lines, reducing the start up time.  In addition, the substitutions in the event of a penalty will default to a preferred sub.  This will prevent the need to SETH edit your lines or play with some 4th line bums because you didn't want to pause the game.

SO, it still will have the following:
WEIGHT BUG, NON-STATIC, INACCURATE RATINGS in game menu, HOME/AWAY advantages.
In other words, the ROM will play/behave exactly as the Classic Rom will come Vegas in the fall, minus the penalty adjustment and not having to edit your lines to avoid a disadvantage.

2 Conferences:  A & B

You will play each opponent in your conference 4 times, and opposing conference 2 times.
Season will last 30 days, starting June 1st.
Everyone who puts in a real effort will make the playoffs from each conference, but there will be NO A VS B in the playoffs.

IN THE PLAYOFFS:
Best of 7 series, each series, you can only choose a team once.

*we may change this to one use for the entire playoffs instead of a series, depending on how many teams we end up with*

IF YOU ARE IN, just do as I am below:

IN!

Good to start on June 1st, and no scheduled vacations in June.
(If you will be gone during any real stretch of time, just list it in sign up so we know upfront)

In for survivor, or draft league if interest surges.

In. Free all of June.

flatcrusher - B player

^^^^^^^

IN!

In

I'm in, I don't have any vacation planned for the next 2.5 months