NHL'94 Forums

Round 1 - Penguins vs Flyers Thread

smozoma

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeeaah Pens blows and all their fans on this forum are a bunch ot mofapes.

I was there, and wow that was horrible. It should have been an intentional offsides and a faceoff in philly's end as Briere clearly knew he didn't touch up and played the puck anyway. That said, I dont think this is a big set back. The pens came out and completely dominated, then seemed to take their foot off the gas. Fleury played great, but the D just left him hung out to dry far too often. I think this game will serve as a wake up call and we will see a complete 60 minute game of hockey from the Pens in game 2.

On TSN, they have retired ref Kerry Fraser (of the infamous Gretzky high-stick on Gilmour missed call fame) who occasionally does a segment when there's a bad/missed call.

What happened was the linesman got caught up the ice and was closer to the red line than the blue line when the puck went back and crossed the blue line. He initially went to blow the whistle, but then waved the offside off, instead.

There was a referee actually on the other side of the ice in good position to make the call, but once he sees the linesman call it off, he's not able to call it himself.

So I guess the linesman screwed up, perhaps either trusting Briere, or expecting the crowd to call the play, and when Briere played it as though it were fine and there was no immediate uproar from the crowd, he let it go. Or it just looked OK to him from his (bad) angle.

Anyway, this probably means he won't get to call the Finals...

The orange text is back baby!!! The only thing I will say right now is that if Briere's goal was offsides, then the Pens third goal should have been icing, so we're even. There, I'm done until Friday.

Study up on the icing rule... It was absolutely the correct call to waive it.

Anyway, the offsides call didn't cost us the game, special teams did. That won't happen often. Pens will bounceback.

I hear the Habs are looking good on the golf course, btw.

Edited by PRoBob38

Guest Houli

The Habs have an equal chance to win it all this year as you do in any league you somehow aren't banned from!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Tortorella was right...u guys in penisvanias are the most arrogant dicks!

I was there, and wow that was horrible. It should have been an intentional offsides and a faceoff in philly's end as Briere clearly knew he didn't touch up and played the puck anyway. That said, I dont think this is a big set back. The pens came out and completely dominated, then seemed to take their foot off the gas. Fleury played great, but the D just left him hung out to dry far too often. I think this game will serve as a wake up call and we will see a complete 60 minute game of hockey from the Pens in game 2.

lol sheesh everyone!! HE WAS THERE!

Maybe the Penguins should let the Flyers score first next game, because this strategy of scoring 3 goals in the first period just isn't working out

Yeah, the Pens got spanked bad. They really need to get their acts together.

VC, Carse, and Bo, watching the game.

NI5iu.gif

That's hilarious.

Even more hilarious for me is that some people rag on Laviolette for one reason or another, that he sometimes makes foolish calls or whatnot and yet he can produce results at the right time and makes smart use of the timeout.

He should open up a seminar about that subject. Andy Reid should attend it. :lol:

BTW, which one's Kif?

Edited by RedWingDevil

- Fluery has been letting up a flurry of rebounds right in the slot.

- Our defense doesn't know how to get the puck off of Claude Giroux.

- Geno gets fucked with behind the play non-stop. Refs never call anything.

- The fans and players get so emotionally involved in the game that by third period everyone is beat-- especially if there have been a lot of lead changes.

- Zillion turnovers.

With that said, I'll give props to the Flyers; although we are and have played like the more talented team, the Flyers just keep throwing everything at the Pens. Also, Bryzgolov has made some ridiculous saves. The bear costumes are bad luck. Please burn them.

Edited by Wittgenstein

I've said it and I'l say it again.

Marc-Andre Fleury sucks and he's overrated.

Only 2 times in his career has he surpassed his backup in SV%.

And he's by far one of the most inconsistant goalies in the league. He can win a series by himself, or he can lose one.

Guest Houli

- Fluery has been letting up a flurry of rebounds right in the slot.

- Our defense doesn't know how to get the puck off of Claude Giroux.

- Geno gets fucked with behind the play non-stop. Refs never call anything.

- The fans and players get so emotionally involved in the game that by third period everyone is beat-- especially if there have been a lot of lead changes.

- Zillion turnovers.

With that said, I'll give props to the Flyers; although we are and have played like the more talented team, the Flyers just keep throwing everything at the Pens. Also, Bryzgolov has made some ridiculous saves. The bear costumes are bad luck. Please burn them.

when carse was at the pens game,do you think he was disguised in bear? :D

Edited by Houli