NHL'94 Forums

bring back Wags

Comeback_King

After giving this some thought and being back in the community for a little bit now I noticed things changed around here. There's definitely favoritism with some players around here and they can say what they want without fear of repercussion. I don't remember guys around here being soo damn soft and sensitive. Are you guys hockey players or mice? If there is something you don't like to hear then don't respond. That's how I was raised. Plain and simple. Some guys on here like to talk s**t, some can talk and also back it up with their game, and there are also guys like me who can dish it out and take it too, who like to stir the pot once in awhile. Yeah I wish everyone was raised in Chicago, survival of the fittest. When you average 500+ homicides a year you kinda have to look over your shoulder when you leave the house to buy groceries. Yeah I don't live somewhere near Zalex's paradise. You don't catch yourself sweatin' the small stuff that's for sure.

What I can't understand is how one guy- Wags, who actually plays his league games, a guy I also see online as being available all the time, every day practically, a guy who is a top 3 player out of Pitts. cannot finish his season. Wags even said he doesn't give a fluck about the forum. Hell, he even ADMITTED he crossed the line and saw that the punishment (banned) fit the crime. All he wanted was to finish his league games- a separate issue in my opinion. He apologized. While other guys on here (not going to list names- no need for that) can make fun of mexicans basically and nothing happens!? Do I think those guys should be banned too for basically doing the same thing? Of course not! And in my opinion, RWD needs to get some thicker skin too. Buddy, you're the only mexican on here, what do you expect? Deal with it man, the 'tacoman' thing is funny, water on a duck's back right? You're different than anyone else on here right? We are ALL DIFFERENT. And it's human nature to single out those differences and make light of them. I'm not reading any animosity coming out of 'tacoman', what I do read is teasing. Big f**king deal. Big f'in deal. You play your games, a lot of them, and that's more than anyone can ask of you. And if your connection sucks, which it does, then have people deal with it. Don't play RWD or the other guys if it's that bad. But I EXPECT a bad connection when I play him so it's not a big issue to me.

Now I know you Canadien guys aren't a bunch of pussies because I have skated in Mississauga so stop acting like it. Whether you like Americans or not, which I do feel some animosity towards Americans from some things I've read and ganging up on some guys on here from the States, we are friends, allies, or we are supposed to be. I remember when I went over the border the Canadian agent told me, "We are comrades right?" "Right" I said, And I thought about what he said afterward. COMRADES. Which means when the s**t hits the fan in this scary world I should be able to rely on you and vice versa.

Having said that, I ask myself why do I even care about this dumb forum? I realize because I love to play this game and all the happiness and heartbreaks it gives me. And so do you, that's why you joined. And so does Wags. We all like to play. To some, I might be making a big deal out of this but I admit I had high expectations joining this online league, it's my first one. I wouldn't be able to do it without some of your help, Smoze comes to mind. Unfortunately, I am a little disappointed, frustrated for lack of a better word trying to track people down. Guys, stop making the excuse you are busy. That busy excuse doesn't do s**t for me. You're busy!? I'm busy too lol. Bottom line, man up and make the time. I'm already expecting some DNP's for my season which kinda is a bummer for me but what can I do? Oh f**king well.

Anyway, my point is... I'm not sticking up for Wags, well maybe I am a little. But this guy isn't on my 'friends list', he's a Pittsburgh fan, I thought he was an a**hole when I first played him but I knew how to take him. He likes to talk s**t. I realized that right away. It was actually kinda funny the stuff he was saying to me after I shalaked him, "weak" "weak ass bug team" "your games weak". The stuff is funny. I'm not going to start a WAGGEEFAN MOVEMENT and have people join to bring this guy back. I'm not the boss and I don't make the rules. And I also don't need some smartass on here copying and pasting the forum rules for me to read on why Wags is banned. I understand why dipshit. All's I'm saying is this isn't NHL '11 with a million players online playing. This is '94. Nineteen ninety f**king four. We are a dying breed. We need all the help we can get. We shouldn't shun players who want to play! We need guys like Wags who want to play. If you don't like the guy, then do your talking on the ice, on the Genesis ice that is.

Edited by Comeback_King

To some, I might be making a big deal out of this but I admit I had high expectations joining this online league, it's my first one.

there's not much of a problem with the online leagues. they've been going for a long time now and if they were so bad, they wouldn't be going on anymore.

a guy who is a top 3 player out of Pitts

or not.

When you average 500+ homicides a year you kinda have to look over your shoulder when you leave the house to buy groceries.

i was raised in a bad neighborhood, but that doesn't mean i think making fun of peoples' ethnicities or nationalities is okay.

And I also don't need some smartass on here copying and pasting the forum rules for me to read on why Wags is banned. I understand why dipshit.

was that really necessary?

what i take from this, is that you have barely been back a month and you're trying to rally for a guy you don't know. i have no problem with the mods' decision to ban wags. there's too much bull around here and it ruins the '94 experience just as much as doing away with an active player who "stirs the pot" way too often.

Edited by beavers33

There has to be accountability for your actions. Wags was handed his and that's that. Case closed.

exactly.

He took it upon himself to seek out ways to piss off the community.

He knew what he was doing, seemed like he really wanted to get banned for some reason. Like it was so obvious it would happen, just a matter of time.

I have a 14yr old cousin who tries to do this as well, seeking out ways to get under people's skin. I don't see the appeal, don't understand why its needed. Smack talk is different, but going out of your way to anger or provoke others is just silly and childish.

nhl94online and nhl94 and its forums are pretty much the same site.

The guy just went out of his way all the time to bother people. We're trying to have fun here, but his idea of fun is making people angry. middle-school spitballing bs.

His apology was exactly what I predicted in the shadowy backroom discussions -- essentially "i'm sorry but i didn't do anything wrong"

some warnings have been given out for the tacoman comments. i know it started out as a joke nickname, but you could tell it started being used as an insult. wags had warnings already.

I do think the civility level around here has been pretty low lately, though.

....I do think the civility level around here has been pretty low lately, though.

and I think you are a monkeylover.

When you average 500+ homicides a year you kinda have to look over your shoulder when you leave the house to buy groceries. Yeah I don't live somewhere near Zalex's paradise. You don't catch yourself sweatin' the small stuff that's for sure.

WHAT

THE

GA

?

Guest Houli

fack im drunk...je suis pété...c'est quoi cette merde! wtf ! lololl .........wags is racist!!!!!!! :angry:

comeback_king...are you the wags "gaylover" ?

hokkee movement is cool...wags is not!

There's a difference between talking smack and blantly posting to piss someone off... plus the way he acts after a loss reminds me of something like the end of a bad news bears movie... the dude has no reason to for me to show him any good karma...

LOL everyone should be raised in cities with 500+ homicides every year - it does a body good :lol::lol::lol:

next time i make topic, im gonna start talking about my life as kid, what school i went to, the hair color of my french teacher, who was sitting beside me in class and how that makes me a thug cuz i dont live in comebackkid's hell.

then im gonna write about the actual subject of the thread

Edited by Zalex

I have a 14yr old cousin who tries to do this as well, seeking out ways to get under people's skin.

WHOA wait a minute, you're related to FPB? :blink:

Ya WAGS had more then his fair share of chances. It's a privledge to play in leagues not a right, his negativity energy and CONTANT egging and insulting was just a drain on the forum.

WHOA wait a minute, you're related to FPB? :blink:

Ya WAGS had more then his fair share of chances. It's a privledge to play in leagues not a right, his negativity energy and CONTANT egging and insulting was just a drain on the forum.

Hey it's the living fossile.

Well we need someone to take over the B-1 Philadelphia guy. Hasnt tried or played a game in 4 weeks. He needs to be replaced because hes not playing his games. Some guys are slacking playing there games. Like any sport wags should probaly be able to come back. He served his suspension and should be allowed to play since he actually plays his league games. Its hard finding guys that want to play when they suckk then lose then give up leaving us hanging in a league. For these guys with the big problem with wags. Yes i played him yes he talked a little smack but its funny , if u talk to him he says he only kidding. I guess there are some real softties around here. Lets just be men and get over it not little sissies who cry on the forum oh he talks s**t and hes this and that. One more thing where are you Philadelphia. Give me my points i need to get in the playoffs , taking a 0-6 takeover team to a playoff birth.

Don't we also have other guys waiting in the wings? I would think one of them can get a shot.

I don't know the full history of exactly what WAGS has done in the past. Just read the infamous "Frog" thread! lol

I agree every forum needs it's rules and regulations, and that there should be a disciplinary procedure to follow when those rules are broken. I agree that if you're French or French-Canadian the term "Frog" can be considered highly offensive and border-line racist. If you don't get that, which clearly WAGS didn't you need to be brought up on it.

Talk smack to people if you like as long as you don't cross the line. Personally I always think the guys that need to do that are perhaps the ones that seriously need to get away from the computer, get a life, get some friends, go to a bar, drink some beers, get a girlfriend and get laid!

I think if there's a guy there who's a committed player, and a decent player who adds something to the league he's playing in, give him his warnings and let him back in for the next season. If he's been a serial offender then fine, keep him out 'til the end of this Spring Classic and then it's a case of "OK, you're welcome back, but these are the rules you and everyone else has to adhere to. Failure to do so will find you back out again".

I've regularly played exhibitions against WAGS since he was barred, and like Comeback says, he's always online, always looking to play, and he is a good player. He's also been happy to pass on tips and advise to me & has never once decided to talk smack, including the day I went into "World's worse loser mode" and gave him a list of excuses as to why he'd beaten me! lol

I'm fully behind having anti-racism rules on the forum, and i'm fully behind the notion that what is racism is determined by the guy on the receiving end, not the guy dishing it out. Everyone needs to get that.

The other side of the argument is that if you allow him to play again you get a player who's guaranteed to play his 40 plus playoffs and won't be pissing people off like most of those on the huge list Halifax posted today! How can those guys who sign up and then go missing after 6 or 7 defeats be welcomed back with open arms if they want to play the next season?!

Me personally, I think if he understands that he did offend, and therefore did cross the line, a committed and good player should be allowed back after serving a suspension to the end of this season

Look guys, the reason I started this thread wasn't to stick up for the guy's actions and I thought I explained that and my take on him, I'm not his "gaylover" either. In fact, in the very beginning I explained why I did create the thread (he plays his games). That is all. A lot of guys on here take things for face value on what someone writes instead of really thinking about it before commenting. Smoze is the exception. Dcicon, I understand what you wrote and I addressed that in my comment-the punishment fit the crime. Zalex- I made that comment about your house in reference to what Mav wrote about where he lives, trying to be funny is all (somewhere near Zaelx's house) get it? I mean , I feel I have to explain everything I write on here with people jumping down your throat. And kupuck and zalex- the reason I brought up where I live had to do with the topic at hand. I grew up in a very diverse neighborhood and have a lot of diverse friends. Friends that would probably kick your ass if you called them "tacoman" or "Gaylover" as Houli called me. See, I also have a gay friend and you won't catch me on here with pitchforks screaming like a little baby that you should be banned. I don't know, that sounds pretty hypocritical to me. I don't think any of you guys should be banned for saying the s**t you do. Again, where I grew up, you don't sweat the small stuff, you ignore it if it bothers you. And yes I do think that living in chicago did me good, I'm not a f**king hypocrite.

Ice storm, thank you for having a clear thinking head and addressing my comment. You are right, it's a priviledge to play in the league. 3 f**king guys have something nice to say on here. God forbid someone speaks their thoughts on someone on here, or who used to be on here.

I grew up in a very diverse neighborhood and have a lot of diverse friends. Friends that would probably kick your ass if you called them "tacoman" or "Gaylover"

Where I grew up, you don't sweat the small stuff, you ignore it if it bothers you.

lol contradiction much ?

dude - you don't know my group of friends or what the place is like i live, or myself for that matter, but im not posting it amongst the 94 community.... if you speak too much without knowing enough be prepared for these types of reactions. contradictionking94.

dude - you don't know my group of friends or what the place is like i live, or myself for that matter, but im not posting it amongst the 94 community.... if you speak too much without knowing enough be prepared for these types of reactions. contradictionking94.

well kupuck, you know what, it was a little contradicting, you and zalex really showed me. and I'm man enough to admit it. from now on I'll speak for myself. but remember, you were the one who took it upon yourself to make your smart ass comment in the first place and you got involved. instead, you could of made a helpful suggestion on how to improve the league but no, I see insults are always better around here. even coming from a moderator? pretty unprofessional in my opinion. I'm supposed to be able to reach out to habs when he's posting b.s. comments as a moderator?! like i said, hypocritical. when all my intention was to try to throw a suggestion out there to help the league, play devil's advocate, try a different angle/approach to online players. but instead, some of you look at this as a personal attack!?, you guys weren't men enough to look past your personal differences with the guy and let that cloud your judgement. on one hand you have a guy who is considered an a**hole by you guys but plays his games, on the other you have nice guys who never play, which is better for the league? is the question, i just brought up the other option and was basically crucified

f- it, im done with this thread. i didn't start it to get into arguements.

Just make a petition like I did to bring back hokkee..I dont think wags' popularity can equals hokke's fame but who knows...after all maybe theres some other guys on this forum who have been raised in some gangsters ghettos like you.