• B - Gretzkyonacold (DET)
    • C - Luongo (BUF)
    • C - Plabax (HFD)
    • C Schildmeijer (CHI)
    • C - Billydice (WPG)
    • C - Dynamo (DAL)
    • C - Mike Alonzi (TOR)
    • Other (State below)

OK, really don't understand how to do Vegas odds, so my question is simple - Who will win the Spring Classic in the 3 GENS leagues? Register your vote above!

In A - Big call - I'm going for a Carse (CAL) vs KingRaph (DET) final, with Carse taking the cup. Carse has won it before with Calgary & KingRaph has made unbelievable progress in the past few months. He has the 2nd best team in the game & I think this is his big breakout season when he becomes one of the top GENS players! Icestrom will be a major force with WPG this season, but will drawing PHI dampen Flasox's chances?

In B - Controversial - I'm predicting a Rammer (VAN) vs Sicarius (CAL) final, with Rammer taking the B championship. Rammer hasn't been seen since losing to Woookie in the C finals of the fall classic, but IMO he's bordering on A league standard & is going to tear it up with a great attacking team. Having played a lot of exhibs with Sicarius I know he's formidable with Calgary & is in for a big season. Robro has his perfect team in MON & is going to have his best ever classic season, Pearate is always right at the top of any B league & will be a major force with BUF (My 3rd choice for the title), Having come down from A Beavers (WPG) has to be fancying his chances big time with such a strong team? Eggink will be up there with TOR and Gretzkyonacold doesn't have any excuses for a bad season having drawn Detroit.............but watch me come up with a few after every defeat! ;) As always B league will be ultra competitive, with lots of evenly matched players & teams. In reality you can probably toss a bunch of names in the air & see how they fall.

As always, due to all the new guys I really don't know enough about the C guys. Plabax (HFD) is decent though so i'm going to predict the C championship for him vs Dynamo (DAL) in the finals. Team choice of HFD could count against him though, but ability tends to count more than team in C..............who was the guy bigging himself up as a B standard player on one of the threads? Was that Dynamo or someone else? If so there's another potential contender. Edit: King's pick, Mike Alonzi (TOR) who I haven't played is now an option there.

Whatever happens, GL to everyone. Enjoy this great game and the chance to relive it and please don't disrespect your league, opponents or the organizers that put so much hard work into setting this up for us by quitting early - You signed up for a season, complete the season!

My initial thoughts regarding your picks,

A

Carse -- Anyone who has won back-to-back-to-back championships with 3 different teams in A will be in consideration for the title every year. Oh yeah, one of those years was with CAL. Not a bad choice. lol.

KingRaph -- Detroit is undoubtedly one of the top teams in the league (#2 behind almighty Chicago if you ask me), so this is my best shot! I'd love to make the finals, and would consider that a great season.

Agree about IceStorm and Winnipeg. Flasox, defending champ, has the skills for sure. Obviously Philly is not as good as Chicago (last classic team), but HABS took Philly to the A finals in Spring'10, so watch out.

Agree with DC about FPB.

You didn't mention:

Vocally Caged (BUF) - same team as last classic (which had even more depth in players), which he took the conference finals! Despite his self-fulfilling choking predictions, I wouldn't look past him.

Zalex (DAL) - Record setting Blitz season, DAL can be super-tough in the right hands. Zalex has strong manual goalie, so it'll come down to whether Modano/Courtnall can actually hit the net with their shoddy accuracy.

B

Man, this to me is wide open. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone listed made it to the finals, so I can't argue your choices. I never played Rammer, but watched the video finals between him and wookie. 37-3 in C is impressive, coming back with the same team.

You didn't include xdeathsbloodx, which I believe is a mistake. Yes, Philly is a weaker team, but xdbx finished #1 in Blitz regular season and went to finals vs Houly! Has to be consideration for sure!

C

My pick again is Mike Alonzi with Toronto. I've confirmed him, played a few, and would think he could play in B already. But who knows????

Edited by kingraph

My vote goes to King with DET.

I haven't played him a ton, but from the limited games I have seen, he seems like the coach that can adapt to most coaching styles--play a high paced offensive game or grind out a defensive war.

He played me pretty tough last fall during my championship run. It will be really fun to see what he can do with DET.

How bout a PHI-DET final?? Getcha popcorn ready :)

In A I'd say King vs Carse final. In C I haven't played any of them so I'll go with who King voted for. If the King says the guy is good he must be.

In B who knows. It should be a ton of fun though.

A huge thanks goes to Chaos & Halifax. Thanks buds!!

C

My pick again is Mike Alonzi with Toronto. I've confirmed him, played a few, and would think he could play in B already. But who knows????

Mike Alonzi is in as a choice. If he's B standard why didn't anyone make a case to put him in B?!

Mike Alonzi is in as a choice. If he's B standard why didn't anyone make a case to put him in B?!

I thought all new players go to C? There's some other good players that are not necessarily new and can also do well -- Plabax (who played last year and in '12, though HTF is tough), schildmeijer (another guy I confirmed who should do well, esp. w/ CHI), Josh (played in Survivor against all B/A guys, and MTL is tough to score on), Sandman (coming back for year #2 with DET instead of LA). I'm not saying Alonzi runs away with it, but I'd pencil him in for the playoffs. ;)

Also this is on a limited number of games, sometimes as low as 1 or 2...anyone else has played any of these guys before?

Edited by kingraph

Nobody mentions me as a contender in A? Your disrespect fuels my desire for yet another championship.

Ur a great player, & will be a strong A guy in the future for sure.........but this is baptism of fire time! lol. I think this will be a learning/development season for you. No disrespect intended & i'll be delighted to see you prove me wrong ;)

A lg - Eastern conference: BoknowsNHL94, SDL champ, getting no attention with Quebec, a good team and great coach could lead to a playoff run, although flasox is always a top competitor and SOH is working with the same guys who took him deep in the post-season in the fall, between these three it could be anyone in the finals. Western conference is a bit stiffer - Carse, Icestorm, Raph, Zalex and FPB (Wookie is definitely set to compete for playoffs, but without as many leagues played him its hard to project where he will wind up) are by all means top tier coaches and viable choices to make the finals. Predicktion : Zalex v. Boknows in finals.

B lg - wholy sheee. some good coaches who can play - xdeathsbloodx is a great player, and he should do fairly well with a decent team such as Philly. Minpin, Pearate, Probob and Eggink are all great coaches too, Minpin has come a long way since his first lg - expect to see him take his Broons to the playoffs. Lookin at the other conference - Beavers, Sicarius, Rammer, JayLighter, and LArob doesn't seem any easier - haven't seen Beavers play in classic in awhile, expect a good run from him like the Blitz season. Predicktion: Beavers v. Minpin in finals.

C lg - Got the pleasure of confirming new coaches schieldmeijer, dynamo, and mikemac94. All three seemed pretty well up to speed, dynamo and mikemac definitely have a good skill set for being new to online play - definitely potential. Josh and Plabax should be familiar to some; Josh has gotten plenty of experience playing some of Gens' finest in survivor lg and should be ready for a great spring - Plabax is a skilled coach and will be a threat for all coaches in this league. Predicktion: dynamo v. plabax in finals.

Good luck yall

Edited by kupuck19

My picks:

A Carse. I played Carse in one of the '11 or '12 leagues and learned that if I lose the faceoff at center ice, it will cost me a goal. Hard to beat with the firepower of CGY.

B Incredibly wide open field here...a mix of veterans and upandcomers...I'll take xdeathsbloodx over rammer97, but only if I get some odds

C Haven't been on much, so I don't know these guys...but I'll go with Mike Alonzi b/c he took Toronto.

Spring Classic season's begun: me (MTL) vs. pearate (BUF) played a home-and-home. Two nailbiters, first 2 of what will be MANY in B this season.

Game 1: MTL 5 @ BUF 4 (OT)

Game 2: BUF 3 @ MTL 2

Spring Classic season's begun: me (MTL) vs. pearate (BUF) played a home-and-home. Two nailbiters, first 2 of what will be MANY in B this season.

Game 1: MTL 5 @ BUF 4 (OT)

Game 2: BUF 3 @ MTL 2

BOOM!

hey what was with leaving me out of the list!!! thanks to everyone who has given me respect. I will use the slight of not even being able to be voted for as motivation!

Hahaha. Purely cos u have Philly! lol. Good buggy team, but it's a tough ask to win B when other strong players have some of the top teams surely?

Played some exhibs vs dynamo last night. Clear winner in C for me. Should've been put straight into B IMO

or you threw the gms or your play is beginning to suck :D

Edited by mav

I thought all new players go to C? There's some other good players that are not necessarily new and can also do well -- Plabax (who played last year and in '12, though HTF is tough), schildmeijer (another guy I confirmed who should do well, esp. w/ CHI), Josh (played in Survivor against all B/A guys, and MTL is tough to score on), Sandman (coming back for year #2 with DET instead of LA). I'm not saying Alonzi runs away with it, but I'd pencil him in for the playoffs. ;)

Also this is on a limited number of games, sometimes as low as 1 or 2...anyone else has played any of these guys before?

I asked a month b4 the season started if i can go either B or C, i still got some challanges with plabx and cant wait to play dynamo :) im 9-3-0 right now so lets hope the wins keep on coming :P Thanx for the votes and LA robbie well have a game to show u my skills

Played some exhibs vs dynamo last night. Clear winner in C for me. Should've been put straight into B IMO

Thats nice of you to say thanks but its not going to be easy. Just played Alonzi14 (Toronto) 3 games. He's pretty tough and anything can happen in the playoffs haha.