Recommended Posts

  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. The lack of online play is extremely disappointing. I get they have to come up with new ideas to sell the game every year. But adding in nhl’94 rewind is targeting gamers 30,40,50 year olds. We w

Skin tones work during the play, too.

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, slapshot67 said:

So you were ok releasing the nhl 06 94 for the ps2 on here? 

but not this one, why, is it because they gave you a free copy?

Wha?

  • The PS one was released here years afterwards wasn't it? Or I missed it, because I wasn't too involved here in 06.
  • I didn't get a free copy.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smozoma said:

Skin tones work during the play, too.

image.png

That's awesome.  I thought I was imagining it for a moment.  That's a nice (if long overdue) touch.

An update was also deployed today (PS4) but God knows what it changed, probably a minor tweak.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smozoma said:

If anyone is able to rip the Rewind game ROM, please don't share it on the forum. It's a new game, support it!

Even if it is not shared (which I agree with), I'd be curious to know why it is over 250MB in size!  That is some serious padding right there...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tabs3121 said:

How can you support it if it was only a preorder bonus?

 

It'll be available in December. Although I'm not sure what exactly "more opportunities" means. (https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/1322207174756454401 "If you didn’t pre-order, stay tuned because we’ll have more opportunities to play NHL 94 Rewind in early December")

1322207174756454401EA's messaging on Rewind has been really confusing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tabs3121 said:

How can you support it if it was only a preorder bonus?

 

It was an eleventh hour announcement.  I pre-ordered the game months ago (like I do every year) and it was a nice bonus.  Then again, I live in the UK and the game is pretty hard to get a month or so after it has been released, so I always pre-order for that reason.

Plus, there is a suggestion that it will have a wider release in December (keep an eye on EA's social media feeds).  Given that the game has been pretty well received, who knows, it might even come with an online option to help everyone get through a COVID Christmas.

Fingers crossed!

Edited by LaTormenta
Typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LaTormenta said:

Even if it is not shared (which I agree with), I'd be curious to know why it is over 250MB in size!  That is some serious padding right there...

Welcome to modern software :)

I had to jump through hoops to keep EARE's size down.

It's all layers of libraries/frameworks. It's using "fmod" for sound and "arsenal" as some kind of emulator wrapper. Storage and data transfer is considered cheap these days. When you update a modern xbox game it seems like it just replaces the whole damn 30GB game rather than the patched parts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, smozoma said:

If anyone is able to rip the Rewind game ROM, please don't share it on the forum. It's a new game, support it!

I don't condone piracy, but if it happens, you can blame our friends at EA for not making it available for stand alone purchase at launch.

If anyone tries sharing it on here, I hope admins will take it down.  Piracy through this platform on something people can actually buy new would be a  great way to get our beloved site taken down.  I know that for every NHL94 rom download for online play, dudes have a cart(or in my case about 25) and thus piracy isn't really a thing.  Hacks are a grey area.

If the game is $15 or less, I'll buy it just so that it helps the overall numbers.  If they want $20 or more for it, I don't see myself getting that value out of it.  Again, lack of online was a major factor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2020 at 11:07 PM, LaTormenta said:

Even if it is not shared (which I agree with), I'd be curious to know why it is over 250MB in size!  That is some serious padding right there...

This makes me think it isn't actually emulated 16 bit software, but actually a modern package made to look and sound retro. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MonkeyHead said:

This makes me think it isn't actually emulated 16 bit software, but actually a modern package made to look and sound retro. 

Emulator data sizes for Retroarch are pretty large, and it has to integrate with the existing PS4 structure/OS.  This isn't too bad honestly.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

@McMikeyand I played tonight using Shareplay on PS4 and it proved to be a seamless experience. 

So if you have NHL94 rewind on PlayStation, you can invite someone else to play with you (they don’t need the game, just PlayStation plus.) 

I smell gigantic massive league / tournaments coming the near future. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, halifax said:

@McMikeyand I played tonight using Shareplay on PS4 and it proved to be a seamless experience. 

So if you have NHL94 rewind on PlayStation, you can invite someone else to play with you (they don’t need the game, just PlayStation plus.) 

I smell gigantic massive league / tournaments coming the near future. 

We'll have to figure out what causes the game to crash and avoid it. Seems to be connected to changing lines. Could have issues on injuries, too. Would have to select game rules to minimize the chances of a crash (NLC, no line edits, .. hope no one gets injured..)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I created a new forum for this Game so that everything can be discussed here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I found what caused the game to crash in the edit line PP screen.

I had a forward on the defense during the powerplay.  Edited to another defenseman and it did not crash.   So, EA either needs to fix the lines and make sure defensemen were on the defense during the powerplay or add both forwards and defensemen to each positions selection so we can put forwards on defensemen and defensemen as forwards.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DSgamby said:

I think I found what caused the game to crash in the edit line PP screen.

I had a forward on the defense during the powerplay.  Edited to another defenseman and it did not crash.   So, EA either needs to fix the lines and make sure defensemen were on the defense during the powerplay or add both forwards and defensemen to each positions selection so we can put forwards on defensemen and defensemen as forwards.

 

 

I've also had 2 Mitch Marners on the ice at the same time. They definitely did something that screwed up line changes, thouhg I'm not sure what. I still haven't had it crash on me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.