NHL'94 Forums

NHL 2018 by Slapshot67 & Skip

skip

Hey guys,

Here is the updated ROM with the 2017-18 rosters. I'll add more details later, but if you're new to updated ROMs:

-This is a 32-team ROM (updated teams, player cards and graphics by Slapshot67)

-Updated rosters for 2017-18 season (rosters by Skip). Lines were accurate as of 10/8 (except for Vegas). Went ahead with Vegas "best lines"

-Weight bug is fixed (heavy guys are harder to knock down)

-1 minute penalties (except for injuries = 2 min penalty)

KNOWN BUG: The menu screen will freeze if the player cards begin to cycle for team #31 - Winnipeg.

This really was a fun ROM to put together. We hope you enjoy!

NOTE: The tourney ROM has continuous OT. I ran some simulations with the ROM (w/ 7 minute periods) and teams were getting 30 shots on goal. It was actually not bad to watch!

-Skip

NHL18skipV1.zip

NHL18tourneyV1.zip

• Thanks 2
  • Like 14

Thanks all!

One note: I did not include players on long-term injury in the lineups, but they're in the ROM (Kesler, Chychrun, Sekera, Ellis, Zajac, Berglund and Bouwmeester. I did not include Clarke MacArthur :-(

If anyone finds any errors (handedness, jersey #'s, and jeebus help me if I spelled anything incorrectly) please let me know!

@King of 94' WI - I know! I started off doing the HHOF players and guess what? JR and Mogs are not in the HHOF. It's a travesty! #GetThemIn

@kingraph - good call, will do. 

@naples39 - thanks bud, looking forward to seeing yours too!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, King of 94' WI said:

It could be just me, but it seems more difficult to score on this vs regular NHL94.  The CPU goalies seem to respond faster.

Also, no Roenick on the all star team?  I might have to cross check someone.  :)

The goalies are still pretty amped up when compared to the old ROM, it's been the hardest part of the ratings for me. But I agree, it is definitely harder to score.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Thanks for the gr8 rom Skip and Slapshot67!!!

Can the 94 all-stars team be edited in NOSE? I'd really love to enter my sons novice hockey team in the 32nd team spot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kevin77 said:

Thanks for the gr8 rom Skip and Slapshot67!!!

Can the 94 all-stars team be edited in NOSE? I'd really love to enter my sons novice hockey team in the 32nd team spot.

Yes it can be edited, you have to go into the NOSE folder --> Search for -3V in the roms.ini file and change both teams 30 to 32, that will allow you to view 32 teams.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skip said:

Yes it can be edited, you have to go into the NOSE folder --> Search for -3V in the roms.ini file and change both teams 30 to 32, that will allow you to view 32 teams.

To make things easier, can you put the modified .ini into the zip file? (maybe a readme.txt as well saying what to do with it)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, goodBEan said:

The NHL 94 all star team is a nice suprise.  This is amazing.

It just made sense! We were going to do the NHL All-Stars, and I had also thought about doing an All-Time Hall-of-Fame team. But then I had a moment of clarity hahaha

• Like 1

19 hours ago, clockwise said:

I love you Skip and Slapper. Love everyone else, too, but those two can go-in-my-fridge-without-asking-first anytime.

Thanks so much @clockwise - love you too bud, especially if you're offering some cold ones. 

• Haha 1

We used to have this so that people could download roms whether they were a member or guest, but I'm guessing with recent upgrades to the forums it's reverted back to it's old ways. I've been unable to figure out a solution as the option for me to change it is no longer where it used to be. I'll keep looking.

Guests can download your roms now.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wbgs_radio said:

Also Vegas is 3 and 0 same as Toronto or was until last night, Also New jersey so the overalls need to be fixed. 

Sweet, thanks for the feedback bud. Just an FYI, I make a few updates during the season and release newer versions. All of these things will be considered when I make updates.